Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 04:34 PM
fowlman01

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by din0s350Z
What type of stereotyping is this? because im 17 means i have no clue about cars or just want to slap things on it because its "cool", well thats not why i chose to get the car .. It's good that you worked for the car, congrats on getting a Z but you dont get the fact that it IS my car. My families culture might be different then yours but because i dont pay for my car right now dosent mean im a douche or saying i dont deserve the car... you dont know my life and what ive been through in my earlier years before 17 so before you say i dont deserve this car, choose your words carefully.
I was on the streets with both parents dead at an early age, so I'm probably not going to be impressed with your hard life.
I don't know what your culture is but if you think your parents can't repo your car, you are not only young but horribly naive.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:55 PM
Flick Montana

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^ What he said.

I'm done arguing. It's like trying to hammer an aluminum nail through a 1/4 inch of depleted uranium.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:22 PM
finalforce

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

List is in the order of when I owned them:

1988 Corolla- sophomore in high school to freshmen in college (hand me down car)
1994 Probe- freshmen in college to second year after graduation (birthday car)

Post grad cars:
1991 MR2
1995 S14 SR20
1995 Integra LS coupe
2006 350z (garage queen)
1996 S14 SE
1986 Hatchi Roku
1985 Napz pickup (my daily driver)

Last edited by finalforce; 05-07-2009 at 10:25 PM.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:28 PM
neox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a 19 year old Z owner (2nd vehicle) with 1 accident (hitting a DEER). I know how to drive my car and I earn every penny that goes toward my payment and the inflated insurance for it. Am I an accepted member of this forum, or a 'douche' like the ^^^ spoiled 17 year old??
Old 05-07-2009, 10:35 PM
T_K

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What type of stereotyping is this? because im 17 means i have no clue about cars or just want to slap things on it because its "cool", well thats not why i chose to get the car .. It's good that you worked for the car, congrats on getting a Z but you dont get the fact that it IS my car. My families culture might be different then yours but because i dont pay for my car right now dosent mean im a douche or saying i dont deserve the car... you dont know my life and what ive been through in my earlier years before 17 so before you say i dont deserve this car, choose your words carefully.
I hope you realize that by taking offense to this topic, even though it wasn't directed at you personally, is just proving their point. My post is directed to you, but the idea is directed to everyone defending this position, you guys are only proving the point by responding.

You think you aren't one of the "kids" they are alluding to, so you respond to this thread to defend yourself, or to prove that YOU are different. The moment you responded, you just categorized yourself.

Don't try to prove to me either, I'm a younger Z driver, that doesn't pay for the car, and what all the older guys are saying is absolutely right. If you know you are different than the people they talk about, stop being offended. If you really aren't part of the group they are talking about, then it simply wouldn't offend you, nor would you come on here to prove that you are different than what they speak of.

TK
Old 05-07-2009, 10:41 PM
tanabe350z

Originally Posted by T_K
I hope you realize that by taking offense to this topic, even though it wasn't directed at you personally, is just proving their point. My post is directed to you, but the idea is directed to everyone defending this position, you guys are only proving the point by responding.

You think you aren't one of the "kids" they are alluding to, so you respond to this thread to defend yourself, or to prove that YOU are different. The moment you responded, you just categorized yourself.

Don't try to prove to me either, I'm a younger Z driver, that doesn't pay for the car, and what all the older guys are saying is absolutely right. If you know you are different than the people they talk about, stop being offended. If you really aren't part of the group they are talking about, then it simply wouldn't offend you, nor would you come on here to prove that you are different than what they speak of.

TK
finally someone gets it im really getting tired of people like the kid your responding to lol. thank you

heres what i have to say about it, if your young, great, if your not one of the stereotypical teenagers prove it with your knowledge and maturity not by defending the fact your young. if i lesson it to be learned for the younger community its be mature, i for one appreciate that more than you defending your age.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:21 PM
kensin0429

im 8 and i own a lambo ! what now LOL yea i dont even have my licence
Old 05-08-2009, 06:13 AM
XV8Crisis

Originally Posted by tanabe350z
finally someone gets it im really getting tired of people like the kid your responding to lol. thank you

heres what i have to say about it, if your young, great, if your not one of the stereotypical teenagers prove it with your knowledge and maturity not by defending the fact your young. if i lesson it to be learned for the younger community its be mature, i for one appreciate that more than you defending your age.
it only took like 3000 posts for one to understand, how many are wedealing with? cause we may be at it for a long time =(
Old 05-08-2009, 09:28 AM
Flick Montana

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by neox
I'm a 19 year old Z owner (2nd vehicle) with 1 accident (hitting a DEER). I know how to drive my car and I earn every penny that goes toward my payment and the inflated insurance for it. Am I an accepted member of this forum, or a 'douche' like the ^^^ spoiled 17 year old??
I understand that the Z has deflated in price. For what we paid for my wife's Accord, we probably could own another Z, granted a couple years older.

If you pay for your car, regardless of the age or the job, and you don't act like you are better than people who have been driving for decades longer, you're ok. It's people who have 1 or 2 years of driving experience under their belt and think they can race through traffic that gets me. Especially when they are in the car on daddy's dollar.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:21 AM
din0s350Z

Originally Posted by Flick Montana
I understand that the Z has deflated in price.

If you pay for your car, regardless of the age or the job, and you don't act like you are better than people who have been driving for decades longer, you're ok. It's people who have 1 or 2 years of driving experience under their belt and think they can race through traffic that gets me. Especially when they are in the car on daddy's dollar.
despite the fact you think we might be arguing, which im not, i agree with you on that ..
Old 05-08-2009, 10:24 AM
fowlman01

despite the fact you think we might be arguing, which im not, i agree with you on that ..
Old 05-08-2009, 10:25 AM
TerraNova3

Really because im 17 and im a better driver than most of you guys.

=|
Old 05-08-2009, 10:29 AM
fowlman01

Originally Posted by TerraNova3

=|
Old 05-08-2009, 10:35 AM
jasabeast

=|
lol you probably dont even have a Z.. or his pops does and he take it out on weekends and tells everyone its his hahaha
Old 05-08-2009, 10:47 AM
TerraNova3

Originally Posted by jasabeast
lol you probably dont even have a Z.. or his pops does and he take it out on weekends and tells everyone its his hahaha
I would give you props for this post, but why I would tell everyone its my Z if my dad was driving it?

And im pretty sure i have a Z. thankyou.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:48 AM
fowlman01

Originally Posted by jasabeast
If he posts up his comp license from SCCA I might believe him.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:59 AM
fowlman01

I would give you props for this post, but why I would tell everyone its my Z if my dad was driving it?

And im pretty sure i have a Z. thankyou.
aaaaaaaahhhhhh cuz we have a lot of 17 year olds that have done that. Not saying that you don't have a Z, but guys on this board have a way of finding out somehow. What makes you a hot driver? I'm open minded. Do you compete in events and how many miles total do you think you have driven in your lifetime?
Old 05-08-2009, 11:01 AM
jasabeast

lol i know hahah... hey kids do dumb **** buddy
Old 05-08-2009, 11:02 AM
jasabeast

Originally Posted by fowlman01
aaaaaaaahhhhhh cuz we have a lot of 17 year olds that have done that. Not saying that you don't have a Z, but guys on this board have a way of finding out somehow. What makes you a hot driver? I'm open minded. Do you compete in events and how many miles total do you think you have driven in your lifetime?
+1 i wanna know what makes you think your this top notch driver
Old 05-08-2009, 11:51 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

=|
You dumb kids same the same $hit post after post.

Working all their life, better driver, etc.

Quick Reply: This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...