Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Are these things happening to your Z?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2003, 12:43 PM
ViZion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my rear view rattles like a *****. so does the passenger side vanity mirror. it drives me insane too.
and yeah, when you take it to the nissan dealer, make sure they fix everything correctly before you accept the work done. when they fixed my windows, they didn't line up the drivers door panel correctly. nothing lines up (the side mirror adjustor is line up incorrectly and the arm rest on the panel is uneven and has gapping)

so def take it to them to fix it, but also double check their work before you finalize anything.
Old 11-19-2003, 01:33 PM
Dissolved

Default Re: I have a few and others

Originally posted by DavidD
1) rear view mirror rattles from time to time
2) passengers side window/door has a very high pitched noise while driving that can hurt the ears
3) rear latch gets stuck from time to time
4) intermittent rattle right behind the instrument cluster and center consol
5) scratch on passengers side window from something inside the door
6) window grease streak on both windows 15,000 miles and still can't clean off
7) front door speakers buzz
8) front bumper and hood scratched/dinged so bad that I will have to repaint soon or get a new front bumper (?aftermarket) and a clear bra in future
9) front seat shifts from time to time
All have been addressed on this website in the past

But the engine and transmission work fine
I have all these problems DavidD listed and then some. But I dont think of them as problems. I think of them as obstacles me and the z have to overcome together Seriously, great car. Poor quality control. Yes I am speaking about EVERY 350z that rolled off the floor. Even if you have nothing mentioned on the list above. Every 350z I haev seen has had:

1. orange peel
2. Mismatched bumpers/mirrors/gascap
3. A slight pull to the right

All the '03s I've seen have had the above I listed....PLUS
4. Tranny problems (6spds)
5. high pitch whine at 70-80mph (which is probably normal)
6. Tire feathering
7. Bose problems (for touring models)

many of us have also had:
8. Body panels not lining up (ie: hood)
9. Hatch not lining up
10. Rattle at idle when clutch is depressed
11. Vibration at 4500RPMS
12 Clunking noises
13. Front chips very easily for some reason

they dont make em like they used to

Last edited by Dissolved; 11-19-2003 at 01:36 PM.
Old 11-19-2003, 02:02 PM
Wedge

I have the soap scum thing on the inside of the driver's side headlight lens. At first I thought it was fingerprints from whoever put the car together.

Don't have any of the other problems you mentioned.......at least not yet.
Old 11-20-2003, 05:00 PM
kgatesman

Does your hatch have big black rubber bumpers in the corners? They are cylinders about an inch long and as big around as a quarter. They twist into holes about 3/8" in diameter in the corners of the hatch.
Old 11-21-2003, 06:25 AM
harrjar

Yes, my hatch has the rubber bumper but they are set back from the corners quite a bit. The very tips of the hatch, ie just above the taillights are impacting on something and the paint is chipping away. It seems to me like the seal around the hatch needs to be extended so that it protects the metal. Maybe the hatch can be adjusted some how so that it doesn't close down so much, could be the source of my chirping noise from the back?
Old 11-21-2003, 07:19 AM
mpfstew

Default Re: Are these things happening to your Z?

Originally posted by harrjar
I have some issues with my 03 Enthusiast 6MT. I was just wondering if anyone else was experiencing the same. These are primarily annoyances but some could indicate future problems:

5.) Driver’s-side window is loose. I’ve had it fixed once but if I roll it down, it will rattle in the casing when I go over bumps. When it’s rolled up, it makes a clicking noise as it moves in the casing.

I had/have this problem. There is a TSB out for it, and the rattling went away for about a month, but now it has returned. I'll probably just live with it.

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....indow+creaking
Old 11-21-2003, 07:28 AM
mpfstew

Oh, I see you live in Sierra Vista. I have a theory that the window rattling problem stems from the extreme dry heat in Southern Arizona. I haven't heard of this problem from too many people in cooler northern states. Just my $.02

BTW, I have had my car in for service 11 times since I bought mine in May. If you can, take your car to Thoroughbred in Tucson. Talk to Richard Romero, and tell them that Lawley Nissan sux donkey. Thoroughbred has been incredibly helpful with me and all my Z problems. He might even hook you up with a rental car for a few days.

PM me if you need any more help!
Old 11-21-2003, 06:00 PM
boxsterkiller

I am pre-order and have a few problems alot of Z have problems I was losing my patience until I found a dealer that has been taking care of me. I also thought I had a lemon with all the problems, but slowly it getting fixed.
My problems
1. window streak- drivers side only- dealer replaced new part on both doors problem not fixed worsened passenger side now had it. After second time problem fixed. Not to include the times they left indentationswith that pick thingy they used on the door panels when they removed them and also misaligning the
armrest/control panel on door panel.
2. seat side bolster coming undone- dealer replaced upper skin once (probably will need again)and bottom is going to be 2nd time.
3. drifting to right- lower control arm replaced and waiting for tires which are in a nationwide back order to come in.
4. brakes squeak big time- needed new brakes at 10,500 mi. warranted because under 12K. Z is eating brakes I no race or track WTF
5. Rattles and clicking sounds- left dash panel rattles, drivers side inner door panel clicking something loose whenradio off window down over bumps. Rear strut tower bar inner clicking sound like metal. Problem not yet fixed taking care of bigger problems first.
6. tranny grinding on 3rd at 5krpm with 10,300mi.on Z Me no raceor track- tranny replaced threw in Nismo flywheel. Hope I got
a good one.
7.drivers seat moves tweaks sways whatever- Dealer says problem cannot be duplicated. getting new rails or something.
8. sometimes drivers window goes up and back down 5" when auto. up. has not happened for a while supposedly part of a sensor.
9. creaking sound from rear axles- axles removed relubed and retorqued and replaced. problem gone. dry as splines supposedly. No more creaking sound.
I probably forgot one or two more things anyways try finding a dealer who takes care of us pre-orders.