Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

2004 running changes

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2003, 10:04 AM
dimitri

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 running changes

here goes a link about some changes to 2004 maybe they or just adjusting it to same thing as of g35...who knows

changeshttp://www.autoweek.com/cat_content.mv?port_code=autoweek&cat_code=carnews&loc_code= index&content_code=08456960
Old 11-19-2003, 11:52 AM
soupnazi1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Excellent article. Made your link clickable.

http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content...._code=08456960
Old 11-19-2003, 12:33 PM
Brad4rdHay

Hmmm. We've known about these changes for a while, but no one knew exactly when they would be made. I was just at the dealer and checked out a 2004 coupe and convertable, and both had the black, "soft touch" center console with the nav door. (look worse IMO, BUT does feel better). They didn't have the knee pads, and I'm not sure about the suspension as i didnt drive either of them.

My guess will be that the knee pads and suspension will be implimented as a 2004.5 running change like I said a week or so ago. This makes sense as Autoweek and NissanNews.com would've listed the suspension as a 2004 model year change, when neither did.
Old 11-19-2003, 12:43 PM
andycapp

Does anyone with an '04 have all these changes already? I should be getting mine soon and I'm just wondering if I should expect them on mine or not....
Old 11-19-2003, 12:55 PM
RedHerring2

nevermind.
Old 11-19-2003, 03:48 PM
Dissident

Heh, they've got a picture of a brickyard and then talk about the 2004.... Thought they were gonna mention that color was dropped, but nope...
Old 11-19-2003, 04:09 PM
zeds

Default 2004 changes

Has anyone heard if the Euro tuned suspension might eliminate the feathering problem. Plan on waiting awhile yet before I order. ( haven't got the dough yet anyway)
Old 11-19-2003, 06:03 PM
netodocan

Here is the article:

<<Far East Peek: Nissan makes running changes to 2004-model 350Z

NISSAN WILL FOLLOW UP its successful launch of the 350Z coupe and roadster with a series of running changes that will appear on 2004-model Zs now arriving in U.S. showrooms. Nissan already incorporated most of the changes into Japan-market Zs, including significant interior upgrades, suspension tuning and brake system improvements.

Inside, Nissan focuses first on the front and center console, specifically the flimsy, manually operated upper instrument panel compartment cover. The new lid is more robust, with power operation on cars with satellite navigation. The center console, gauge hoods and instrument pods get a special “soft-feel” treatment intended to inject a touch of higher quality into the interior.

And how about this for those road warriors who’ve grown weary of bruised extremities: ’04 Zs come with cushy kneepads for both driver and passenger, and the driver’s right elbow even gets its own special padding on the center console. Further interior updates include the addition of seatbelt “service arms” that eliminate the need to reach far behind the seatback to grab the belts, and a redesigned shifter for automatic models.

2004 models also benefit from Nissan’s decision to adopt a Euro-tuned suspension setup for all 350Zs, a handling setup that Nissan says provides a much better ride and better overall suspension compliance. The Brembo brake system gets tandem brake master cylinders replacing the earlier model’s single cylinder.>>

I get the impression from the last paragraph that 2004 does have the new suspension now. But 2004 has not technically arrived yet, so.....
Old 11-20-2003, 12:17 AM
samw1978

No Knee pad / new suspension....
Old 11-20-2003, 03:12 AM
jaw4n

My '04 October production track model was just delivered yesterday and I picked it up today. It has the infamous knee pads for the driver and the passenger. The center console also has a layer of padding, but it is very thin and almost useless.

Couple of other items that I thought were different than the '04 I checked out back in August. The round interior door handles are now clearly metal, but I remembered them to be cheap plastic in earlier versions. The passenger side door grab trim maybe real aluminum and not the normal cheap Nissan plastic.

Lastly, the hood sensor is still missing. Still trying to figure that one out.
Old 11-20-2003, 09:09 AM
Tweety-nator

Thanks for the update Jaw4n. So I guess we can expect all production vehicles from Oct 2003 onward to have the changes.

About the hood sensor, seems like Nissan has removed it from all 2004s. It is obviously a cost-cutting measure.

Last edited by Tweety-nator; 11-20-2003 at 09:12 AM.
Old 11-20-2003, 09:16 AM
Buckeye3d

Just got back from a test drive. The touring model I was in had the knee pads / rests. Nice little touch.
Old 11-20-2003, 12:06 PM
Blue Batmobile
Inventor
Blue Batmobile

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have everything but the kneepads and elbow pad. Not sure about the suspension though.

Bat™
Old 11-20-2003, 12:59 PM
Tweety-nator

Originally posted by Blue Batmobile
I have everything but the kneepads and elbow pad. Not sure about the suspension though.

Bat™
Bat when was your car built? If yours was built before October that would probably explain why you dont have the pads.
Old 11-20-2003, 01:12 PM
Norel350Z

got mine in september, build back in july i belive, no knee pads, or arm rest. Also my door rings are plastic... o well
Old 02-12-2004, 08:25 AM
cupcar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about the Tandem brake cylinder on the Track edition cars, anybody figured out what Nissan did?

Normally "tandem master cylinders" would imply two parallel master cylinders, next to each other, operated by a rod perpendicular to the cylinders that has the brake pedal linked to this rod at a point between the cylinders.

A tandem arrangement is used in "real" racing cars to allow the front and rear brake bias to be adjusted, so I wonder what Nissan means with their Tandem Master Cylinder arrangement.

Picture please!!!!!
Old 02-12-2004, 01:40 PM
kovalf

This thread got my curiousity up, since I just took delivery of an '04 Roadster built in December 2003. Mine has the knee pads, the textured plastic pieces, the seat belt service arm, etc, but I had no way of knowing if it had the redesigned suspension. I just got off the phone with NNA Customer Service and it's their claim that ALL '04 models have the new suspension and it solves the tire feathering problem. I sure hope so, because there's a lot of unhappy campers on this board with '03's. I guess time will tell, but Nissan claims it's fixed.
Old 02-12-2004, 03:49 PM
C5DEMON

Hmmm... I need to check when mine was built. My 04 has the knee pads and seat belt service arms, but I don't recall it having a pad on the center console. I think it has the true aluminum arm on the passenger side, but my door "circle" handles feel plastic. Where would I find the build date on the car?
Old 02-12-2004, 04:05 PM
kovalf

Originally posted by C5DEMON
Hmmm... I need to check when mine was built. My 04 has the knee pads and seat belt service arms, but I don't recall it having a pad on the center console. I think it has the true aluminum arm on the passenger side, but my door "circle" handles feel plastic. Where would I find the build date on the car?
There's a white tag on the drivers side door frame just below the latch. Mine doesn't have padding on the console either, does have the metal passenger door handle, but I was most concerned about having the new suspension.
Old 02-13-2004, 04:01 AM
Philip

Originally posted by kovalf
There's a white tag on the drivers side door frame just below the latch. Mine doesn't have padding on the console either, does have the metal passenger door handle, but I was most concerned about having the new suspension.
My 04 track has built date of 07/03 so it is a early 04. it has the aluminum door circles, aluminum passenger door pull, extended seat belt service arm, power nav door.

No knee pads, or update suspension, no hood sensor, no raised drink holder lid, no padded center counsole etc.

BTW the only mod I have made is the Nimso Cat Back exhaust and it pulls like a ****. The ECU definetly has a learning curve as I ran it and back curvy roads after the exhaust change, (alot of 2 - 3 WOT in the run) and my car is totaly diff, way more throttle responce, much guicker through the rpm range to redline

Last edited by Philip; 02-13-2004 at 04:06 AM.

Quick Reply: 2004 running changes