Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Posted On The Club Rx8...

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2003, 04:17 AM
Conceyted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Mikestro
Conceyted, as far as close minded or mentally challenged....

You said that from what we posted here, you decided we were the above verbs..... learn about people.....truely learn about people before blurting out something that could come from a horses @ss and be more accurate.
However you interperate my post is up to you. What it boils down to is that you are the one throwing insults out to me, as well. Your the one starting **** with rx8 owners. Your the type of person that gives 350z owners an all around bad name. I am sorry, but explain to me what starting arguements on other forums will prove? IT PROVES NOTHING.
Old 11-24-2003, 05:37 AM
toykilla

why does everyone have to start crap with other car owners?.. i mean yeah those srt's deserve to have their heads screwed on strait but the 8 owners are pretty cool. i joined their website and have had a pretty warm welcome.. i guess ill try to maintain the peace between us
Old 11-24-2003, 06:10 AM
NissaNZ

Let them say whatever they want man, at the end of the day they're still GiMp!!
Old 11-24-2003, 06:19 AM
Mikestro

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Conceyted

>>However you interperate my post is up to you.

Are there many ways to interpret "mentally challenged"?

>>What it boils down to is that you are the one throwing insults out to me, as well.

Point to one prior to the "mentally challenged" comment. I just reread the complete thread, I think you are referring to Pure tremble's statements.
Old 11-24-2003, 09:35 AM
Conceyted

Originally posted by toykilla
why does everyone have to start crap with other car owners?.. i mean yeah those srt's deserve to have their heads screwed on strait but the 8 owners are pretty cool. i joined their website and have had a pretty warm welcome.. i guess ill try to maintain the peace between us
Okay Mikestro, toykilla just summed up what I was starting to say.
Old 11-24-2003, 09:39 AM
Dissolved

Originally posted by Conceyted
However you interperate my post is up to you. What it boils down to is that you are the one throwing insults out to me, as well. Your the one starting **** with rx8 owners. Your the type of person that gives 350z owners an all around bad name. I am sorry, but explain to me what starting arguements on other forums will prove? IT PROVES NOTHING.
LOL actually no. It's little 18 year olds that do.
PS: arent you the guy who was asking why there werent any heads and cam packages out for the 350z....like your friends Fbody has?
Old 11-24-2003, 09:42 AM
Conceyted

Originally posted by Pure Tremble
LOL actually no. It's little 18 year olds that do.
PS: arent you the guy who was asking why there werent any heads and cam packages out for the 350z....like your friends Fbody has?
Why is this something to laugh at. Do you think our cars cant benefit from a heads cam package? What are you talking about?!?!
Old 11-24-2003, 10:00 AM
Dissolved

Why is this something to laugh at. Do you think our cars cant benefit from a heads cam package? What are you talking about?!?!
lol. The funny thing was you wrote the question like this "why arent there any heads/cam packages out for the Z like my friends Z28 has available?"

Dude, wtf were you thinking . Do you not see what I mean yet junior?

http://www.summitracing.com
Order some AFR 1500s with a Crane full roller cam. Get some 1.6 gold roller rockers while you're there.

Old 11-24-2003, 10:21 AM
zerobanger

OMG...

This Rx-8 VS 350Z **** is hillarious. I thought the Rx-7 VS Supra crap was funny, this is great. I'm in the market for a daily driver, could be either a 350Z or an Rx-8, so Im pretty unbias, imho. I have never driven a rx8 yet, although I drove a 350z the other day, more on that later.

Styling is a matter of opinion, but I think overall the rx8 is much better looking and more unique looking. The front of the rx8 is amazing looking, while the 350z is bland, boring and has no distinguishing characteristics other than its celica style headlights. From the back the 350Z looks bloated, but I still think it looks nice. From the rx-8 back it looks a bit high but again, I think it looks nice. From the side at *MOST* angles the Z looks better.

From an interior point of view the rx-8 wins hands down. While I liked the fish net style seat backs on the 350Z, the seats in the rx8 were really nice. the 350Z overall had a very cheap plastic feel to it (the gauge cluster looks like a 6 year old built it with lego's), while the rx-8s interior looked very well thought out and had much better fit/finish. IT looked like an interior in a much more expensive car.

Ok, just about every performance test I have seen said the Rx-8 was more fun to drive than the 350Z or G35, I will have to decide that for myself. My driving impression of the 350Z was somewhat mixed. When I first hit the gas in the 350Z I was VERY impressed at the *INITIAL* take off. It did appear to run out of breath around 4000 rpm though. Its difficult for me to really judge the 350Z, cause I cant help but compare to my rx-7 which is not a fair comparision due to the lower weight and twin turbos. I felt the top end and mid range power in the Z were ok, but not what I had expected. I found the handling to better than I expected but I could feel the weight of the car and the body roll was dissapointing.

What really impressed me was how civilized this car is. IMHO this car makes a perfect daily driver for me. You do not feel the road with the 350Z very much at all, the car is ungodly comforitable and was fun to drive.

I have not driven the rx-8, I plan on being in a market for 1 of these cars in the next few months. If I find that the engine issues are isolated for the Rx-8 and Mazda has a fix for the gas milage issue I will drive the rx-8 and base my decision on what is more fun to drive. At this point I would pick the 350Z because of the torque, gas mileage. I'm still keeping my -7- for my weekend fun/cruising and attention getting car.
Old 11-24-2003, 10:29 AM
Conceyted

lol. The funny thing was you wrote the question like this "why arent there any heads/cam packages out for the Z like my friends Z28 has available?"

Dude, wtf were you thinking . Do you not see what I mean yet junior?

http://www.summitracing.com
Order some AFR 1500s with a Crane full roller cam. Get some 1.6 gold roller rockers while you're there.

Want to start with the funny quotes. Here we are
Originally posted by Pure Tremble in this thread
Conceyted, there is no way a heads and cam package would give him 485 at the crank
I proved you wrong and never heard from you about that. Also, PLEASE find me the part you quoted in the thread you claim to have gotten it from, here: https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=48212 It isnt there because that is not how I brought the question to the table. I would love to see how heads and cams would benefit the z. You obviously feel its a waste of time to even try?

You and I have obviously had quarrels before and will continue to do so. You feel the need to make fun of me or my previous posts. It must make you feel better knowing you know so much more than everyone else . Make fun of me I love it

Last edited by Conceyted; 11-24-2003 at 10:33 AM.
Old 11-24-2003, 10:41 AM
wildone_106

What body roll?! If you can feel any you must be supersensative

" I could feel the weight of the car and the body roll was dissapointing."
Old 11-24-2003, 11:31 AM
ricks350z

is it me or that the back of the rx8 looks like the MIATA (u hmm s2000

Last edited by ricks350z; 11-24-2003 at 11:56 AM.
Old 11-24-2003, 12:07 PM
zerobanger

Originally posted by wildone_106
What body roll?! If you can feel any you must be supersensative

" I could feel the weight of the car and the body roll was dissapointing."
I felt body roll when I turned the corner, it was very obvious. It was a "Roadster" that I drove, if that makes a difference.
Old 11-24-2003, 01:47 PM
Dissolved

Want to start with the funny quotes. Here we are

I proved you wrong and never heard from you about that. Also, PLEASE find me the part you quoted in the thread you claim to have gotten it from, here: https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=48212 It isnt there because that is not how I brought the question to the table. I would love to see how heads and cams would benefit the z. You obviously feel its a waste of time to even try?

You and I have obviously had quarrels before and will continue to do so. You feel the need to make fun of me or my previous posts. It must make you feel better knowing you know so much more than everyone else . Make fun of me I love it
Okay, so I do realize this is a fairly brand new engine, but why are there no aftermarket heads/cams packages out for the Z yet! I would love to see the gains from some aftermarket heads! SOMEONE HOOK IT UP!

The only reason I even brought this up was because my friend drives a 2000 z28. Those mothers are bad with just the heads/cams upgrade. It costs them under 3 grand for the parts and whatnot and they go from 310rwhp to 440+rwhp. My mouth hit the floor when I heard this. I was thinking, where the hell is this for the Z!
spoken like a true noob That's my whole point of all this. But you keep missing the point! Heads/cam package is a domestic term. I laughed out loud when I saw that post because it shows your lack of knowledge in modifying cars. Heads/cam make a noticeable different on small blocks/big blocks. Aftermarket heads/cam packages (even if there were such a thing for us lol) wouldnt net enough HP to justify the purchase/installation. But do this: Next Z meet, say "im thinking of a heads/cam package for my Z. What's good guys?" Tell me what everyone says 8th graders act just like this. Someone will say "I have an HKS boost controller on my car." Next you'll be in here asking "where can i get a HKS boost controller guys?"

lol where did you prove me wrong in the other post? By saying "the dyno lies" ? I'm sorry conceyted: You're the internet winner!!!1111!!!! Happy?
oh by the way, I've had fbodys for years. '88 GTA, '91 1le, '99 formula. Ive met Ed Hamburger and supplied him with info for 1LEs.
Old 11-24-2003, 02:34 PM
Conceyted

spoken like a true noob That's my whole point of all this. But you keep missing the point! Heads/cam package is a domestic term. I laughed out loud when I saw that post because it shows your lack of knowledge in modifying cars. Heads/cam make a noticeable different on small blocks/big blocks. Aftermarket heads/cam packages (even if there were such a thing for us lol) wouldnt net enough HP to justify the purchase/installation. But do this: Next Z meet, say "im thinking of a heads/cam package for my Z. What's good guys?" Tell me what everyone says 8th graders act just like this. Someone will say "I have an HKS boost controller on my car." Next you'll be in here asking "where can i get a HKS boost controller guys?"

lol where did you prove me wrong in the other post? By saying "the dyno lies" ? I'm sorry conceyted: You're the internet winner!!!1111!!!! Happy?
oh by the way, I've had fbodys for years. '88 GTA, '91 1le, '99 formula. Ive met Ed Hamburger and supplied him with info for 1LEs.
I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU! but this isnt about whos a winner. I asked why heads werent out for the z. Show me somewhere that says heads and cams WONT benefit the z. Am I wrong for wanting to try it? Do I deserve to be called a noob? I am knowledgable in modding cars but not all engine cars. My last car was AWD turbo and I learned what benefitted the setup through experience and questions. If I cant ask questions without being made fun of maybe this board isn't for me. But at the same time I type this I realize that there are literally only TWO people on this board who have a problem with anything I say. You and the person that felt the need to argue with me before you started. Laugh all you want, you guys ****ing suck. You do nothing but ridicule other people. Next time you ask a question just wait, because I will be the first one to jump on you and tell you how stupid your question was.
Old 11-24-2003, 02:48 PM
Mikestro

I was thinking about putting an RX-8 engine in my 350Z, what do you guys think? After reading the RX-8 forums for a while, I have decided it is a superior power plant and will begin this project at once. I'm gonna use the Subaru Forrester drive train, with all that power, I'm gonna need AWD.

Anyone know if an HKS boost controller would work with that set up?
Old 11-24-2003, 03:20 PM
zerobanger

Originally posted by Mikestro
I was thinking about putting an RX-8 engine in my 350Z, what do you guys think? After reading the RX-8 forums for a while, I have decided it is a superior power plant and will begin this project at once. I'm gonna use the Subaru Forrester drive train, with all that power, I'm gonna need AWD.

Anyone know if an HKS boost controller would work with that set up?

This is EXACTLY the immaturity I expect from most of you guys. There is always going to be a faster/better car. I can sit here and laugh at a 350Z considering a bone stock Rx-7 that was built 12 years ago will humiliate a 350Z in EVERY catagory...yet when I drive a 350Z I realize its more civilized, more comforitable and has its own character. get the picture?

You guys have a really great car, so do the rx-8 people why dont you leave well enough alone? The reason I'm torn between the two cars is the fact that BOTH have something really nice to offer.
Old 11-24-2003, 03:31 PM
Mikestro

Originally posted by zerobanger
This is EXACTLY the immaturity I expect from most of you guys. There is always going to be a faster/better car. I can sit here and laugh at a 350Z considering a bone stock Rx-7 that was built 12 years ago will humiliate a 350Z in EVERY catagory...yet when I drive a 350Z I realize its more civilized, more comforitable and has its own character. get the picture?

You guys have a really great car, so do the rx-8 people why dont you leave well enough alone? The reason I'm torn between the two cars is the fact that BOTH have something really nice to offer.
If you consider joking around a sign of maturity, then I guess I am immature. I joke with my coworkers all day, everyday. I joke with my wife, I joke with my family and I joke with you guys here. Some of you get the jokes, others insult me and think it reflects on my mental capacity or my maturity level....whatever.
Old 11-24-2003, 03:59 PM
Glasgow Smile
dat title

If I get a warning, it was worth it.

Last edited by Glasgow Smile; 03-29-2011 at 07:03 PM.
Old 11-24-2003, 05:38 PM
Dissolved

Originally posted by zerobanger

Your car will be able to do that..........if it's running
Have fun in the timebomb

Quick Reply: Posted On The Club Rx8...