Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Best Nissan dealer in Michigan?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2003, 02:22 PM
mantronix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Nissan dealer in Michigan?

Hi. Who's the best Nissan dealer in Michigan, and why?

Who's the worst and why?

Thanks.
Old 11-24-2003, 06:54 PM
eddytsi

this is question i want to ask. the one in warren had bad service, they just didn't seem interested in my car (i guess). maybe they were having a bad day but don't take it out on the customers.

but as far as in sales, the salesman was cool.
Old 11-24-2003, 07:27 PM
mantronix

Originally posted by eddytsi
this is question i want to ask. the one in warren had bad service, they just didn't seem interested in my car (i guess). maybe they were having a bad day but don't take it out on the customers.

but as far as in sales, the salesman was cool.

what's the name of the dealer?

it is still a bad deal if salesmen are cool and service isn't, or vice versa. one goes with the other, and if one sucks, everything sucks.
Old 11-24-2003, 08:06 PM
eddytsi

jeffrey nissan

i gotta get an oil change soon and i'm looking for a good dealership, so if u find one, let me know
Old 11-25-2003, 04:06 PM
mickey

Default Michigan Dealer(my experience with price quote/offer)

Hi. Who's the best Nissan dealer in Michigan, and why?
If you are looking for sales and best prices. My experience on getting price quote and offering are:

Ann Arbor Nissan...never reply to my email request(emailed twice)

Dick Scott Nissan....currently waiting on response, initial offer was MSRP, latest offer is $700 below MSRP. Response time below average.

Mann Motor....only offer was $800 above MSRP. Never email respond back when ask to justify this offer.

Tamaroff Nissan.....currently waiting on response. Good offer. Response time average.

Suburban Nissan....currently waiting on response. Competitive price-wise.

Superior Nissan....No offers yet. Response time slow.

I have yet contacting Jeffery Nissan, will do so shortly and update my experience.

Rgd,
Mickey
Old 11-25-2003, 04:25 PM
mantronix

Default Re: Michigan Dealer(my experience with price quote/offer)

Originally posted by mickey
If you are looking for sales and best prices. My experience on getting price quote and offering are:

Ann Arbor Nissan...never reply to my email request(emailed twice)

Dick Scott Nissan....currently waiting on response, initial offer was MSRP, latest offer is $700 below MSRP. Response time below average.

Mann Motor....only offer was $800 above MSRP. Never email respond back when ask to justify this offer.

Tamaroff Nissan.....currently waiting on response. Good offer. Response time average.

Suburban Nissan....currently waiting on response. Competitive price-wise.

Superior Nissan....No offers yet. Response time slow.

I have yet contacting Jeffery Nissan, will do so shortly and update my experience.

Rgd,
Mickey

Cool Mickey, thanks. Do you know if any of these dealers have won any quality awards for customer service or vehicle service? I mean awards directly from Nissan or awards from reputable independent sources, like Kelley (the Blue Book people).

For example, I live in suburban detroit, but I got my Honda from Howard Cooper in Ann Arbor strictly because they continue to win the Honda President's Award every year. This is the highest award that Honda gives to its dealerships. They are always the only Honda dealer in Michigan to win it.
Old 11-25-2003, 08:52 PM
eddytsi

i think the nissan dealerships has competition between them. cause i remembered when i bought my z, everyone (i mean, salesman, all managers, service people, collision repair guy--had to get new headlamp-they paid for it) insisted on me giving a perfect score a survey mailed by nissan, reagrdless.

so i'm not sure if they are all true. i would next time go on word of mouth.
Old 11-26-2003, 07:00 AM
archman350z

I'd highly recommend Ann Arbor Nissan. I drive the 30 miles gladly instead of going to Bill Cook Imports just down the road: I hate those guys...they were all nice and sweet until I tried to bargain. I did my research and found out that dealers make $4000 off these cars past invoice. I told them I wanted a DB Track with navigation, but I wasn't paying for navigation. They laughed and said "we don't deal on these cars." I got up and said "I don't deal with you either, then" and walked out. They even had the nerve to call me a week later (after I went to Ann Arbor) and ask me when I was coming down to place an order!!!

I think Ann Arbor Nissan is relatively new. They don't have a lot of the "fluffy" stuff that other dealerships have...pretty basic. But, the sales guys are good and the service crew is awesome. I had an awesome sales guy (who isn't there anymore), but there's another younger guy there that's good too (I think his name is Sean). I got to meet the service manager and service crew before I bought the car! They told me they have 3 (out of the five) specialty mechanics in the state...these guys know their stuff and are "car guys" themselves. I drive a half-hour for an oil change because I know they won't f__k it up.

Interestingly enough, they do service for Car and Driver. Their DB Track was in the shop the same day mine was (I had bent steering components caused by the @&^%&# trucking company). They looked so cool together...damn I wished I had a camera!

I know they are a Nissan top-rated dealer for service...
Old 11-26-2003, 08:34 AM
mantronix

Originally posted by archman350z
I'd highly recommend Ann Arbor Nissan. I drive the 30 miles gladly instead of going to Bill Cook Imports just down the road: I hate those guys...they were all nice and sweet until I tried to bargain. I did my research and found out that dealers make $4000 off these cars past invoice. I told them I wanted a DB Track with navigation, but I wasn't paying for navigation. They laughed and said "we don't deal on these cars." I got up and said "I don't deal with you either, then" and walked out. They even had the nerve to call me a week later (after I went to Ann Arbor) and ask me when I was coming down to place an order!!!

I think Ann Arbor Nissan is relatively new. They don't have a lot of the "fluffy" stuff that other dealerships have...pretty basic. But, the sales guys are good and the service crew is awesome. I had an awesome sales guy (who isn't there anymore), but there's another younger guy there that's good too (I think his name is Sean). I got to meet the service manager and service crew before I bought the car! They told me they have 3 (out of the five) specialty mechanics in the state...these guys know their stuff and are "car guys" themselves. I drive a half-hour for an oil change because I know they won't f__k it up.

Interestingly enough, they do service for Car and Driver. Their DB Track was in the shop the same day mine was (I had bent steering components caused by the @&^%&# trucking company). They looked so cool together...damn I wished I had a camera!

I know they are a Nissan top-rated dealer for service...

Thanks archman. By the way, that's an excellent idea -- meeting the service crew before buying. You're essentially kicking the human tires of the dealership.

For their top rating, did you find that information on the web, or from a corporate Nissan rep, or from the dealer?

Yikes! The trucking company that brings the cars to the dealerships bent your steering components? Now that I think about it, when I see cars on those transport trucks, they always have chains all knotted up in the front wheels. I wonder if that's the cause of all the tracking problems on Z's.
Old 11-26-2003, 10:00 AM
zmeister03

Default Garber Nissan

Great sales department.
Lousy service department.
Old 11-27-2003, 07:15 AM
archman350z

Originally posted by mantronix
Thanks archman. By the way, that's an excellent idea -- meeting the service crew before buying. You're essentially kicking the human tires of the dealership.

For their top rating, did you find that information on the web, or from a corporate Nissan rep, or from the dealer?

Yikes! The trucking company that brings the cars to the dealerships bent your steering components? Now that I think about it, when I see cars on those transport trucks, they always have chains all knotted up in the front wheels. I wonder if that's the cause of all the tracking problems on Z's.
Yeah, I'm going to be meeting all the service guys for my future cars too! I think it also helps to make friends with these guys. Just to show them that you're not another a$$hole with a nice car and that their work means something to you. Hmmm, I guess we all want to feel that way, huh?

Their rating: I just noticed the stickers on their stuff, and they've got all the certifications on the walls. I figured Nissan would bring some serious heat if a dealership was faking it...

Yeah, I was really pissed about the "shipping damage." I had to wait a week for it to come by truck, then to find out it would take another week to fix it. It was killing me! I wanted to drive that car soooo bad. Plus, it still bothers me a little that the first new car I have ever purchased is in the shop before I take it home! Anyway, Ann Arbor Nissan threw in some freebies to offset the additional wait. When they pulled it around for delivery all shined-up, my jaw dropped...the blue paint looked gorgeous and everybody in the showroom at the time left nose-prints on the glass! I've been 100% happy with it since, and there seems to be no permanent side-effects of the bent suspension arms.

Yes, Nissan is investigating shipping as one of the possible causes for the abnormal tire wear. (I noticed it only because the steering wheel was not centered while going straight). I highly recommend that you push them to have the car aligned before you take delivery (if they don't do it already) and have them give you the print out. I have some amount of cupping (a.k.a. feathering), but it's not bad enough to be noticeable while driving even at 8,000 miles.

Good Luck!
Old 11-27-2003, 07:21 AM
Jspec350z

I got my Z at Dick Scott. I dealt with the GM Jeff Scott so I was treated extremly well. I would suggest giving him a call and dealing with him. As for service I have done all my own service thus far. I am going to take it in next week for some TSB's window grease and the frigging roar from my front tires. I will give you an update then.
Old 11-27-2003, 10:14 PM
mantronix

Originally posted by Jspec350z
I got my Z at Dick Scott. I dealt with the GM Jeff Scott so I was treated extremly well. I would suggest giving him a call and dealing with him. As for service I have done all my own service thus far. I am going to take it in next week for some TSB's window grease and the frigging roar from my front tires. I will give you an update then.

Thanks Jspec. On occasion I hear of people who decided to deal with the higher-ups of a business instead of the floor salesmen, like you did at Dick Scott. What about those of us who don't know the boss or the manager personally? I think it'd harder to do if you don't know them. Did you know Jeff before you made the deal?
Old 11-28-2003, 06:18 AM
Jspec350z

I know the family, but if that is who you want to deal with that is who you deal with. Any GM will deal with you if you ask for him. I have done it a few times. I usally mess with the sales guys on lease terms. I make them lay out there cards. Just go in knowing how much they pay for the car and deal from there. You need to find a dealer willing to deal!! Michigan in winter is not a great time to sell 350Z's. I bought mine in Febuary I believe.
Old 12-03-2003, 12:23 AM
MySunset350Z

got my car from tamaroff nissan. sales people werent all that great, but the service people are very nice. atleast the 350z service people.

brought it the car for the tire feathering tsb and some other noise (loose bolt in suspension), and i was treated as if i brought in a porche or something. actually my z is my porche, its my ferrari too, and my benz, and ne other exotic car you can think of.

so ne way...thats that. but y dont you change your own oil? im going mobil 1 full synthetic and its only costing me about 35 per change, and i have 1 unopened bottle for next time. so really....for every 5 changes that i pay 35 for, the 6th is free. :-) execpt for the filter ne way.

and one last thing. most of you here have already signed your names, but for those who havent, go here and add your name to our growing list of detroit area z owners.

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=50239

peace
-Chadi
Old 12-03-2003, 07:58 AM
eddytsi

chadi, i'll pay u to change my oil.

can't wait for my 1st Z meet!

Ed