Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

are they worth it? list the BAD POINTs

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2002, 09:31 AM
all_bark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default are they worth it? list the BAD POINTs

i currently own a 94 300 with only 60,000 miles on it.

excellent condition.

I have ordered a touring and now am wondering if I really want it!

I have a buyer for the 300 but do not want to sell until I get to ride in my new z and see if it is just PERFECT.

I have seen alot of bad press about lots of little things nagging the first year of the new model.

Should I keep the 300 and wait till next year?

How about some responce from the people who already have their new z.

Please let me know. How happy are you? Is the stereo really THAT BAD? what else nags you about the car?

Please list the BAD!~

thanks
Old 09-05-2002, 09:36 AM
ericn

Default Nagging Problems...

None, other that a very weak BOSE stereo. Yes, the stereo is that bad.

Simply stated, the car is a GREAT car, especially for the money.

Eric
Old 09-05-2002, 09:37 AM
stungeon
Charter Member #63

Mine is great! I am a musician and love to listen to music. The BOSE will not cut it for me. Other than that, the only other thing that I can find to complain about is the depth of the sunglass holder. LOL! It is a GREAT car! I have around 800 miles on mine now and haven't had any issues at all. In my opionion, it looks better than the pictures show and drives better than what I had heard on this forum. Very happy.
Old 09-05-2002, 09:54 AM
rai

I do not have the car yet, but I can say the car is NOT perfect. Tell me a car that is? I have read every article about the Z and there have been a number of problem areas, but the positives have been far more common. Look at the Boxster S, I can give you at least six "problems", no tilt wheel, plastic rear window, seating position, head room...... I can do the same for a Z06, an M3, a S2000, a tt.

So you see all cars have their weakness, but put the whole package together and factor in the price and the Z looks like a winner to me.
Old 09-05-2002, 10:04 AM
droideka

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

It's HORRIBLE! I mean, I can't stand the fact that the torque is everywhere in the powerband. I also hate how I can be doing 40 in 4th, punch it and go. I don't like the fact that I can pass in sixth gear. That sucks too. Did I mention the handling? I really wish it would slide all over the place instead of riding on rails and sticking like glue.

I think I'll trade it in on a KIA Spectra.
Old 09-05-2002, 10:12 AM
mdouvris

Default Ouch!!

You tell em Droid!
Old 09-05-2002, 10:33 AM
Carterattorney

Drive & Handling are wonderful.. better than I thought.. the sound system is only OK.. but sufficiant for now.. Looks much better in person than the pictures.. 6 months was a long time.. BUT WORTH IT!
Attached Thumbnails are they worth it?  list the BAD POINTs-car2.jpg  
Old 09-05-2002, 10:48 AM
baven

Two of the largest problems, not complaints, but real problems that I have heard about the Z are the random transmission problems in the 6 speeds, alot of odd noises and grinds, but that might be a break in issue.

The one that would concern me more is the paint issue. People are already getting bad scratches and chips from very very light impacts and abrasions, and you cant cover the entire car in 3M.

I am really particular about my cars, and flaking and chipping paint would be entirely unacceptable, to the point of investigating state lemon laws.
Old 09-05-2002, 11:03 AM
roberto350z

sorry. I hate to rag on the 300, I love them too. But its gonna start having problems if you havent had any already. At this point, miles start to make a little less difference, age comes into play. Rubber gets dried out, paint starts to weaken, batteries and alternators will corrode....The style will look to the 350z as the Z31 looks to the Z32.

The 350 has all sorts of nifty new technolgy that the 300 wishes it has. The 350 "feels" lighter than it is, my Z31t (albeit not a Z32) felt like a fat ***. It was 3400 lbs of fat and slop. It bugged me.

The 350 has a warranty! and has new car smell that you cant beat. Pretty soon, 300zx will get really cheap and some hardcore ricers are gonna start going to work with their magical wings and stick on reflectors that say NOS and glow like green neon.

I had to sell my 300 at 90k miles because the repairs were starting to annihilate my checking account. I would say "oh, I fixed this, there wont be any problems for awhile." but then problems keep rollin in and you spend more and then are inclinced to keep it cuz you "invested" all this money. Then you realize this car is a bank robber and you cut your losses.

I told my mechanic that I felt bad cuz I lost $4000 worth of repairs in 9 months before I cut my losses, and he says (with vietnamese accent) Ohh, that good. Customer come and lose 10k all the time before selling. The 300zx no good...parts too expensive.

Keep both and bite the bullet. Get the 300 in the garage and drive 10 miles a week and let her age like the beautiful peice of art that she is.

I turned my 280 into a daily driver for just a month, and now its in the shop for a clutch ($650)
Old 09-05-2002, 11:07 AM
J Ritt

Carterattorney...did you get the matching 'playschool picnic set in the same color as your car' option?!??! Muwhahahaa...just kidding...I love that color...looks great.

I've had my Z for 6 days...I'm completely in love with it. It's everything I wanted/expected, and much more. Preordering this car was the biggest monetary gamble I've ever taken...and man did it pay off.
Old 09-05-2002, 11:20 AM
raceboy
Banned

Originally posted by stungeon
Mine is great! I am a musician and love to listen to music. The BOSE will not cut it for me. Other than that, the only other thing that I can find to complain about is the depth of the sunglass holder. LOL! It is a GREAT car! I have around 800 miles on mine now and haven't had any issues at all. In my opionion, it looks better than the pictures show and drives better than what I had heard on this forum. Very happy.
LOL, yeah, the stupid sunglass holder is freakin as useless as the rear view mirror!