Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Best way to launch the AT without removing brake fuse?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2003, 05:55 AM
DURSO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Turn off the TCS....Put it in Neutral.....Floor it.....Slam it in drive.

J/K
Old 12-02-2003, 05:58 AM
DURSO

Thumbs up

Seriously...Turn off TCS....Put left foot on Brake....Bring RPM's up to about 2500.....Then as you let off the brake (fast) with your left foot, floor it with the right (at the same time).

Called a Power Brake. Gets good launches with minimal wheel spin.

Old 12-02-2003, 06:09 AM
Hey Ya

Originally posted by DURSO
Seriously...Turn off TCS....Put left foot on Brake....Bring RPM's up to about 2500.....Then as you let off the brake (fast) with your left foot, floor it with the right (at the same time).

Called a Power Brake. Gets good launches with minimal wheel spin.

True, but without removing the brake fuse I've read that this cuts engine power drastically on the Z. Right?
Old 12-02-2003, 09:06 PM
D'oh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you guys ever tried this "powerbrake" trick but with the E-brake instead of the foot brake? The e-brake is pretty weak, so maybe it won't work too well, but I don't think it cuts power when the E-brake is on.

In my stick on steep hills I'll sometimes need to use the e-brake to help keep the car from rolling backwards when I first start off. Haven't noticed any power weirdness in that situation.

-D'oh!
Old 12-03-2003, 08:47 AM
Hey Ya

Originally posted by D'oh
Have you guys ever tried this "powerbrake" trick but with the E-brake instead of the foot brake? The e-brake is pretty weak, so maybe it won't work too well, but I don't think it cuts power when the E-brake is on.

-D'oh!
I'm not sure how well this would work for RWD. Doesn't the e-brake use only the rear wheels? So it would seem like the wheels would spin slower as you launch than even with no powerbrake, while using the foot brake would still allow the rear wheels to keep some power since the front brakes are doing more of the work. Also, I'm not sure if the car would be scooting along while doing this (since the brake is weak). I know people with FWD cars do this to burnout.

I'll have to check it out though. For me it would just be easier to pull the fuse out.