Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

:( Nissan dealership didn't use Nissan oil filter.

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 09:02 AM
tiffuhhkneex0

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TJ_Max
That's wrong, I'm a tech at a BMW dealership, the idea is, customer's bring their cars to us and pay our rates because they want quality OEM parts and quality labor. You might as well have gone to Jiffy Lube if you're gonna let that slide.
I agree with Tj here.. I have STS do my oil changes, but I tell them to use full synthetic mobile 1 oil in my car, which is expected at a place like that but if i were to bring my car to the dealer i would expect them to use nissan oil filters and full synthetic oil. Isn't that why you pay more money to have work done by them?
Old 06-18-2011, 03:50 AM
Dr. Venture

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i have to LOL at you guys and the " genuine Nissan parts" complaints.

Just because the filter is stamped Nissan does not mean it is a genuine part.

the manufacturer of the filter is made by a company called FULL. I get them through my wholesaler, and the only diff is that it is not stamped Nissan.

And your dealer is probably using other brands because they are cheaper for them to make easy money on people who find the need to only go to the dealerships thinking it is better than anywhere else.

Just don't go to places like Jiffy Lube, and you will be fine.

these are the 2 of the OEM filters made by FULL for the 3.5 motor. They also fit other Nissan motors as well.

personally i have been using the K&N oil filter i think the part # is HP-1001...if i am not mistaken.

Last edited by Dr. Venture; 06-18-2011 at 03:52 AM.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:02 AM
Trey3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do it yourself... It's not that hard... And over a period of time you save alot of money...
Old 06-30-2011, 03:49 AM
bender

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The white Genuine Nissan filter posted in this thread is made in China. It also uses endcaps out of cardboard made popular by Fram. People will slam Fram all day long, but turn around and overpay for a Nissan filter of the same quality.

Nissan isn't in the oil filter business. They don't make them. There's only a handful of companies that make oil filters and one of these companies will supply Nissan with filters.

Your Parts Plus filter is made by Champ Labs. Champ Labs makes filters for K&N, Royal Purple, Mobil 1, etc. Parts Plus filters come with Metal end caps unlike the cardboard ones found in the Nissan.

The genuine Nissan filters are overpriced junk. They work just fine, but are not worth anything close to what people are paying for them. There are plenty of better made filters available at a cheaper cost.
Old 06-30-2011, 06:15 AM
winchman

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It's the same filter Nissan puts on the GT-R, so I was giving them the benefit of the doubt about how good it is. It doesn't seem like they'd skimp there.

I'll cut it apart when I change it in several months to see how it compares to other filters.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:08 AM
dreamspeed

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It doesn't matter who makes it or where it is made, if it is labeled as an OEM Nissan part you can at the very least assume it is up to the standards put forth by Nissan.

Now Nissan's "standards" might be too high or too low depending on your own personal standard but regardless, you can at least be confident it is a "quality" part.

I know all sorts of shady stuff goes on at dealers, but i think the general public "assumes" that all genuine Nissan parts will be used on their car when they go to the dealer.

Personally, i just hope they don't F up my car too bad when they work on it.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:15 PM
TWISM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was a tech a a lexus dealer and have cut open oem filters on lexus and my 350z and compared them to a parts pro filter for a lexus and they weren't even close in quality the parts pro filter has less filtering material and i dont think it compares in micron filtering either. the closet thing ive used that comes close to an oem filter is a wix or mighty filter. ive used ams oil filters also and i think they are better than an oem but they also cost more too. i cant vouch for any other filter though

Last edited by TWISM; 07-05-2011 at 07:17 PM.