Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

M3 guys hating again

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2003, 03:23 PM
M-Phibian
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya, that argument hurts the Z more than helps it. That video did more to show the M3's track ability than I believe was intended.

-Out of the 4 cars that were racing, the M3 started out in last place, while the Z started in first.

-The Z was slightly modded and the M3 was bone stock.

-The M3's tires were not suited for the track. So much so, that the announcer made it a point to mention it.

-The M3 worked it's way up to 2nd place and also had the *fastest* lap time out of all the cars:

M3 - 109.40
S2000 - 109.49
350Z - 109.72
Boxster-111.00

Originally posted by ml2316
don't they state that the m3 in that video has tires inappropriate for the conditions.
Old 12-10-2003, 03:24 PM
s9am_me

i love M3's... see sig
Old 12-10-2003, 03:33 PM
350Zzzz
Professional

Originally posted by M-Phibian
You don't pay the extra money for the extra performance. You pay the extra money for a much higher quality car.

The SRT-4 will run with you guys any day of the week stock for stock. Does that make it as good as a 350Z? Nope. It's not even close. Same goes for the 350Z compared to the M3.
"a much higher quality car," what does that term actually constitutes. German cars are more superior than Japanese cars; a car that is so well made that it does not ever suffer engine failure or require engine work, etc., etc......

The BMW, Jaguars, Benzs, Saabs, Range Rover, Audis and all that were some of the best made cars; at least till the Japanese automobile industry caught up with the performance/quality market.

The term, “higher quality” is ambiguous; and does cost actually denote quality? Think again, if cars like BMW, in this case were actually more superior, than the 3, 5 & M(s) won’t exist. These models were included in the BMW line to reach a wider market, with the BMW logo, and status symbol that these cars commanded in the past. Even Mercedes Benz has models below the $40,000 price tag; it is purely marketing.

Now if you wish to be placed onto the same yardstick as the rich and famous, than go get yourself a Lamborghini, Ferrari

So what actually constitutes “higher quality car?”

Just be happy that you like what you have.
Old 12-10-2003, 03:38 PM
M-Phibian
Banned

Your post was going pretty well until you wrote the ridiculous statement below. That pretty much removed all doubt that you have no idea know what you're talking about.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 350Zzzz
[B]"{SNIP}
Now if you wish to be placed onto the same yardstick as the rich and famous, than go get yourself a Lamborghini, Ferrari
Old 12-10-2003, 03:59 PM
350Zzzz
Professional

You really have no idea what you're talking about; do you? It is clear that you're desperately grasping for straws.
Old 12-10-2003, 04:17 PM
M-Phibian
Banned

"Desperately grasping for straws". Seeing as how I've proven my point in every post I've written in this thread, and with the numbers and facts to back it up, I'd say you've again managed to stick your foot in your mouth and show that you are clueless.

Keep it up, please. You're making this extremely easy for me.

Originally posted by 350Zzzz
You really have no idea what you're talking about; do you? It is clear that you're desperately grasping for straws.
Old 12-10-2003, 04:41 PM
350Zzzz
Professional

"Desperately grasping for straws". Seeing as how I've proven my point in every post I've written in this thread, and with the numbers and facts to back it up, I'd say you've again managed to stick your foot in your mouth and show that you are clueless.

Keep it up, please. You're making this extremely easy for me.
Okeydoke.......numbers....what numbers........facts.......what facts....and pray tell. which, what point have you proven
Old 12-10-2003, 05:06 PM
M-Phibian
Banned

Try reading the entire thread. I know it's difficult but I have the upmost faith in you

Okeydoke.......numbers....what numbers........facts.......what facts....and pray tell. which, what point have you proven
Old 12-10-2003, 05:46 PM
EnthuZiast
Guess whose back, back again...

350Zzzz

I think you are digging too deep with that long post.
When most of us mean quality we are reffering to the grade of material used in the car.
I love the Z and I think it gives PLENTY bang for the buck.....but go sit in an M and start to look around and feel things and you will notice the VAST difference in quality between the two.
Old 12-10-2003, 06:09 PM
ml2316

Ya, that argument hurts the Z more than helps it. That video did more to show the M3's track ability than I believe was intended.

-Out of the 4 cars that were racing, the M3 started out in last place, while the Z started in first.

-The Z was slightly modded and the M3 was bone stock.

-The M3's tires were not suited for the track. So much so, that the announcer made it a point to mention it.

-The M3 worked it's way up to 2nd place and also had the *fastest* lap time out of all the cars:

M3 - 109.40
S2000 - 109.49
350Z - 109.72
Boxster-111.00
also, in another best motoring vid between g35, z, m3, the bimmer easily takes first.
Old 12-10-2003, 06:48 PM
350Zzzz
Professional

Default Whatever rocks your boat.

You pay the extra money for a much higher quality car.
not only is the bimmer better than the zee; because of those seconds, it's even higher qualiter than the Porsche

If those measly seconds faster or slower means so much to you, and constitutes “a much higher quality car;” in your brain……good luck to you.

Thank you very much, but, I'll stick to my zee and spend my $$$$ shaping it to exactly what I want.

Last edited by 350Zzzz; 12-10-2003 at 06:50 PM.
Old 12-10-2003, 09:55 PM
brgerflipr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default BTW.......

It's "grasping AT straws" and "FLOATS your boat". For someone so opinionated and verbose with their posts, you may want to get your cliches right.
Old 12-10-2003, 10:07 PM
EnthuZiast
Guess whose back, back again...

350zzzz....I think you have failed to see any of my points....even when I spelled them out to you as if you were 2 yrs. old.
Instead of listening you just get defensive like I just made fun of your manhood or something.

Of course going by the way you spell....Id say 2 yrs. old isn't much more than a decade off.

Maybe you're spelling just needs a little "qualiter" control.
Old 12-10-2003, 10:43 PM
350zdanny

These cars are not comparable. It is not fair to compare them bone stock, and it is not fair to compare the E46 to a "modded Z" that would cost $45g to reproduce.

They are two different answers to the same question: How can I enjoy driving?

I can't believe that so many of you are so childish as to not be able to respect both these cars for what they are. Instead you clog the boards quibbling over lap times and stupid **** like that.
Old 12-10-2003, 10:47 PM
NzZ

Quit harassing the 350z owners. God what is it with you M3 guys and no class. I'm beggining to think BMW should offer M owners etiquette lessons instead of their driving school (which is fantastic btw). Most of us 350z couldn't afford an M3 (my case), hated the looks or didn't want the stigma of being a BMW owner. Your car is probably better, but costs a lot more money.

Personally, if I had that kind of money I'd put it into a car with better looks, a true racing pedigree, unique design, better performance, less understeer, and superior quality. I'm thinking 3 digits...but this time they begin with a 9...

Be grateful that 911 owners don't talk **** in M3 forums the way you clowns do in ours.

NzZ

Old 12-10-2003, 11:24 PM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

But such is the argument /discussion/comparison amongst sooooo many M3 E46 owners! They realize that such a lowly and near 20k less car constantly nips at there heels (and sometimes spanks that ****) that they can not help mention our names...

Old 12-11-2003, 12:19 AM
___DJK___

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by NzZ
Quit harassing the 350z owners. God what is it with you M3 guys and no class. I'm beggining to think BMW should offer M owners etiquette lessons instead of their driving school (which is fantastic btw). Most of us 350z couldn't afford an M3 (my case), hated the looks or didn't want the stigma of being a BMW owner. Your car is probably better, but costs a lot more money.

Personally, if I had that kind of money I'd put it into a car with better looks, a true racing pedigree, unique design, better performance, less understeer, and superior quality. I'm thinking 3 digits...but this time they begin with a 9...

Be grateful that 911 owners don't talk **** in M3 forums the way you clowns do in ours.

NzZ
Well put
Old 12-11-2003, 02:06 AM
M-Phibian
Banned

Default Re: Whatever rocks your boat.

Sounds good. I really like the Z. In it's price range it's overall untouchable if you ask me.

Thank you very much, but, I'll stick to my zee and spend my $$$$ shaping it to exactly what I want.
Old 12-11-2003, 02:13 AM
M-Phibian
Banned

First off, I wasn't talking trash to Z owners. I was respnding to Z owners talking trash about M3's. Read the entire thread and you'll see what I mean. I swear you clowns refuse to do that. You respond to the first couple of posts you see without looking at what prefaced it. All it does is make you look bad. So who's lacking class again? That's what I thought.

Secondly, until you get into the new GT3 territory or above (GT2, TT, etc..over 100k), the Porsche won't beat an M3. Not the N/A 996 C2 or C4. If all out performance (and nothing else) is what you want, go with a Z06 and save a bundle. Very few cars on the planet can touch it in all around performance and you can get '03's for less than 40k.

Originally posted by NzZ

NzZ
Old 12-11-2003, 02:15 AM
M-Phibian
Banned

That must explain why you guys constantly complain about the SRT-4 so much. A 19k Neon that continually beats you in the 1/4 mile. God that has to suck.

Originally posted by TXSTYLE
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

But such is the argument /discussion/comparison amongst sooooo many M3 E46 owners! They realize that such a lowly and near 20k less car constantly nips at there heels (and sometimes spanks that ****) that they can not help mention our names...

Quick Reply: M3 guys hating again