Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

dammit...its snowing and im at work!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2003, 06:08 PM
JonsilvZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just had my first experience in the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S in the snow. Its 200% better then the OEM. In all weather conditions(dry,wet,cold,snow)it surpasses the OEMs. It rides much quieter. I payed $200 for one tire, you get what you pay for. ZR rated and 400thread wear!
Old 12-05-2003, 06:59 PM
BRONXWARRIOR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ellaborate can you drive in snow ? how much ? can you stop without fear of starting again ? can you go up a hill ??

because OEM is complete useless in anything over a dusting no lie so your 200% dont mean much
Old 12-05-2003, 07:00 PM
xjerseyzfinestx

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: .....

Originally posted by Jason Bourne
Haha! Cool, I waved but you didn't see me. I was in the express lanes which were moving pretty well (~40mph) while your side was creeping slowly.

Btw, I have a Silverstone Enthusiast

Jason
lol yea...i was actually happy there was traffic most of the time...when you ride in the z in this weather you luv traffic..nobody beeping at u..picking up the truck tommorow..the z is parked in my driveway covered with snow and not moving ...first time drivin the z in the snow and last time
Old 12-05-2003, 07:41 PM
djkern
Banned

have fun everyone! keep the z's off the road....and go get a snow tube!!!

new weather update:

boston - supposed to get 26 inches
worcester - supposed to get 40 inches....yes, i said 40 inches!!!

NO JOKE!
Old 12-05-2003, 07:46 PM
CelticPride2

Originally posted by djkern
boston - supposed to get 26 inches
worcester - supposed to get 40 inches....yes, i said 40 inches!!!

NO JOKE!
WTF?!

I know I said I wanted to test out my Blizzaks, but this is not what I had in mind....
Old 12-05-2003, 07:53 PM
djkern
Banned

Originally posted by CelticPride2
WTF?!

I know I said I wanted to test out my Blizzaks, but this is not what I had in mind....
haha. i forgot you were in worcester. that is what they are saying on the news...but, we'll see what the real deal is after the weekend.

i'm sure they just hiked up the number so they could say "good news, the storm isn't going to be as large as expected and we're not going to get as much snow...aren't you happy?"

you ralize that if you are a weatherman....well, if you do a crappy job you still get paid the same. you can tell the wrong weather every day and blame it on something else. haha. any other job....you do something wrong....you get fired!

take some pics if the snow is that deep. i'm going to take some pics tomorrow of my puppy's first time in the snow! this should be funny to watch!
Old 12-05-2003, 07:57 PM
CelticPride2

Originally posted by djkern
take some pics if the snow is that deep. i'm going to take some pics tomorrow of my puppy's first time in the snow! this should be funny to watch!
Unfortunately, I don't have a digital camera...photography's the only technological area where I haven't moved into the 20th century yet. Oh well....you see one blizzard, you've seen 'em all...
Old 12-06-2003, 08:05 AM
Anyone2u
Charter Member #82

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dave, after watching last night's game, I think you may have to change your name on this board. Urghhh, good thing all the bricks were outside after watching the Celts blow that 26 point lead or I'd be shopping for a new TV today!

In other matters, it's days like this that I wonder why I never got around to rebuilding the garage that I knocked down for an addition to the house...

Around 11 AM here in Needham,MA and we have ~12 inches with another ~12 inches predicted. I'm actually looking forward to taking my "new" little A4 Quattro out for a spin! Meanwhile, as I'm cleaning all the snow off of the Audi, my Z is carving canyons in the California mountains in probably 75 degree temps. Someone please remind me why we live up here again!

Old 12-06-2003, 09:49 AM
CelticPride2

Originally posted by Anyone2u
Dave, after watching last night's game, I think you may have to change your name on this board. Urghhh, good thing all the bricks were outside after watching the Celts blow that 26 point lead or I'd be shopping for a new TV today!

In other matters, it's days like this that I wonder why I never got around to rebuilding the garage that I knocked down for an addition to the house...

Around 11 AM here in Needham,MA and we have ~12 inches with another ~12 inches predicted. I'm actually looking forward to taking my "new" little A4 Quattro out for a spin! Meanwhile, as I'm cleaning all the snow off of the Audi, my Z is carving canyons in the California mountains in probably 75 degree temps. Someone please remind me why we live up here again!

Tell me about it....notice how I don't have any current player numbers in my signature (no, that 44 isn't for Jiri Welsch). Oddly enough, I wasn't that fazed by it. Probably beacuse I was still shell-shocked over the fact that my beloved Holy Cross hoopsters lost at home to Williams! I don't care if they're the defending national champs...no D1 program should be losing to a D3 school.

About 1:45 here now...and Worcester's only got 2" on the ground. Normally, I'd gloat at this point, but from what Harvey says, there's an atomic snow bomb due to fall on the Worcester hills this evening.

--D.J.
Old 12-06-2003, 01:02 PM
djkern
Banned

ok, it's 5PM EST....we're supposed to get snow till tomorrow....and it's supposed to get bad later on tonight.

this is what it's like now (the z is on the left, the civic is on the right).

that's about 1/2 of what we're supposed to get!

(with flash)
Attached Thumbnails dammit...its snowing and im at work!!-z-and-civic-buried.jpg  
Old 12-06-2003, 01:03 PM
djkern
Banned

(without flash.....you can't tell, but it's still snowing like crazy....like in the previous picture)
Attached Thumbnails dammit...its snowing and im at work!!-z-and-civic-buried-2.jpg  
Old 12-06-2003, 01:05 PM
djkern
Banned

figures that the weekend tht i'm supposed to put my car into storage....THIS HAPPENS!!!! d'oh!
Old 12-06-2003, 01:42 PM
Wedge

Well, at least it is safely parked for now. Just think how it would be if you were out on the road trying to get home.........I shudder to think about the times I was stuck in the snow belt heading back to Pittsburgh from Erie, PA.........Southern California has it's faults, but snow is not one of them. I can see snow if I want just by heading to Big Bear......but it is MY choice......lol
Old 12-06-2003, 02:54 PM
xjerseyzfinestx

Default now im pissed...

since my father swears he knows everything.. he made me take the z out so he could finish the rest of the driveway and i tell him im not going to be able to get it bak up here.. and he saying yes just do it.. so he is lyk give me ill do it and so he trys and ends up rolling down the hill.. not steep at all but its a little inclined... so now its parked on the side street.. and we have to call the cops to tell them its gonig to be parked there becasue it cant make it up.. over here you cant park on the side streets from 3 am to 5 am...im so pissed off..
Old 12-06-2003, 03:05 PM
BRONXWARRIOR

do what i did put the tow hook in tie a roop to it and have your dad pull you up the driveway
Old 12-06-2003, 04:26 PM
JonsilvZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by BRONXWARRIOR
ellaborate can you drive in snow ? how much ? can you stop without fear of starting again ? can you go up a hill ??

because OEM is complete useless in anything over a dusting no lie so your 200% dont mean much
Last yr we had like 7inches of snow and I couldnt get out of the parking lot where I work. Some people helped me out but got stuck really bad a couple of more times. I learned a good lesson that day. OEM tires are useless in the snow! This time with the Michelin A/S I had no problems getting home and we had the same amount of snow. Since its rear wheel drive I was still slipping but moving. I wouldnt try going up a steep hill but a slight incline wasnt a problem.
Old 12-06-2003, 06:20 PM
xjerseyzfinestx

Default ...

omg... it got even worse .. we tried to move it up the small incline part of the street and it wouldnt go.. so we moved it to this pharmecy because it was no incline streets around..but we parked it on the side infront of a car.. so its about a couple blocks away...damn i hope it doesnt get towed or anything...its not in the parking lot its like next to this house kind of... but its not a street... i hope the cop wont do anything... i couldnt do anything about it.. i feel like sh*t now because my car is somewere were i cant watch it or anything...and i hope the ice goes away and it melts...
Old 12-06-2003, 07:30 PM
frankmusic

Thumbs down SNOW SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

Attached Thumbnails dammit...its snowing and im at work!!-snow2.gif  
Old 12-06-2003, 07:38 PM
djkern
Banned

is that 4 feet with the drift....or after you took the snowblower out and piled it up there?

how much did you gets get where you are located (where in NY?).

we're in a lull here here in boston....and i would guess we have somewhere between 18-24 inches (at least)....but, it's supposed to start up strong again and there is supposed to be another 10 inches by morning.

man....the pats / dolphins game is going to be greeeeeat!

i'd post more pics of my car....but, i'll just wait till the morning to get some shots where you can't see my car at all.

ok, put it this way....i have my windshield wipers up (as you can see in the picture i posted before). well, as of 11:38 EST....you can only see the very tip of them.
Old 12-06-2003, 08:28 PM
frankmusic

Angry I still hate this stuff!

YUP! That's four feet of snow all right. It was piled there via the an ordinary snow shovel and the cold wind. Unfortunately, the only blower that is near me is my next door neighbor. Actually I'm saying that he's basically a major wind bag!

The weather people were saying that we received about 12 inches this afternoon. It's still blustering a bit around now. We'll probably see a few more inches before tomorrow. Ahhhh yes - FOOTBALL tomorrow. Wooo Hoooo!

However, the real gooooood news is that my "Z" is tucked away in the garage and the Rodeo will be the means of transportation until this $%*#! goes away.

Quick Reply: dammit...its snowing and im at work!!