Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

dammit...its snowing and im at work!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2003 | 09:57 PM
djkern
Banned

yeah....frmo the looks of it....we got about 2 feet already. 10 more inches??? oh god! i cleared off my back patio banister....and, there are about 7 more inches on it. haha.

thank god i can either take the civic or the 4runner (my girlfriends) in this type of weather. i was driving around in the 4runner today...i was plowing right through 3 foot snow drifts like they weren't even there!

i shouldn't even shovel anymore. i just did my steps not too long ago....and there is snow piled up again! i'll just wait till tomorrow afternoon to do it all AGAIN!

bring on the dolphins!!! this game should be exciting!
Old 12-07-2003 | 09:04 AM
djkern
Banned

ok, here are some pics from this morning.

here's the z and the civic....same shot as before...
Attached Thumbnails dammit...its snowing and im at work!!-picture1.jpg  
Old 12-07-2003 | 09:05 AM
djkern
Banned

i dug out the civic and moved it to another spot that i cleaned out...here's a side shot of the z. i guess i won't be moving it for a while! and i was supposed to put it in storage.....UGH!!

you can sort of see the civic across the way next to the 4runner (those are the two other cars that i had to dig out). and, the snow next to the 4runner....that doesn't give a good estimate of how much snow we got....the whole parking lot was cleared out last night....so, whatever is there is from last night till this morning! haha.
Attached Thumbnails dammit...its snowing and im at work!!-picture2.jpg  
Old 12-07-2003 | 09:25 AM
Ultimateone

That looks like Woburn?
Old 12-07-2003 | 09:31 AM
frankmusic

Cool C'monnnnnnnnn....Spring!

Go very gently with your ice scraper (or whatever you're using) when you are clearing the snow off your "Z".

You don't want to see any 'surprise' scratches on the paint surface when this ugly mess finally melts away. Yikes!

Old 12-07-2003 | 09:53 AM
barrybell

I take only the top layer of snow off. the ice will melt in time with just letting the car run with the heater on.
Old 12-07-2003 | 10:05 AM
jj1814

Of course the OEM tires suck in the snow. They are SUMMER "Performance" tires...they werent designed to and arent supposed to perform in the snow at all.

djkern....all ive got to say is DAYUM!!!! I'm glad I didnt take that job w/ IBM. They were trying to stick me in MA or somewhere. Looking at those pics, I'm actually GLAD I'm in Cincinnati now(rather than some other snow-piled place).

LOL your license plate is even covered.
Old 12-07-2003 | 12:37 PM
xjerseyzfinestx

Default im happy....

this morning me and my father went to go try to get the z..because last night we left it in this empty dead end road...because we didnt get the z up my street last nite...so this morning after shoveling everything around..we were finally able to get it up the street and into my driveway.. we also piked up my jeep from the mechanic shop(95 cherokeee)such a beast in the snow...so im real glad its in my driveway and no more worries..
Old 12-07-2003 | 12:56 PM
djkern
Banned

Originally posted by Ultimateone
That looks like Woburn?
Ultimateone - yup....that's wooobin alright. i grew up in bedford...but moved here since i got a great deal on a place (and it's a 10-15 minute commute to work).

frankmusic - i was thinking about just brushing what i could off with a sweatshirt...but, i decided that i'm not touching the car with anything for now...it's supposed to get warmer this week....so, it'll melt away naturally.

nissan350z - yeah, didn't need photoshop or anything! haha. the snow covered everything! which IBM location did you have an offer at?

and....it hasn't stopped. if you've been watching the pats game....it's still snowing!! some of the stuff they said and showed during the game so far is pretty funny. so much snow...nowhere to put it! haha.
Old 12-07-2003 | 04:53 PM
CelticPride2

Originally posted by djkern
Ultimateone - yup....that's wooobin alright. i grew up in bedford...but moved here since i got a great deal on a place (and it's a 10-15 minute commute to work).

frankmusic - i was thinking about just brushing what i could off with a sweatshirt...but, i decided that i'm not touching the car with anything for now...it's supposed to get warmer this week....so, it'll melt away naturally.

nissan350z - yeah, didn't need photoshop or anything! haha. the snow covered everything! which IBM location did you have an offer at?

and....it hasn't stopped. if you've been watching the pats game....it's still snowing!! some of the stuff they said and showed during the game so far is pretty funny. so much snow...nowhere to put it! haha.

Looks like you guys got hammered something proper in the Boston area. Worcester ended up with "only" 15" when all was said and done. As far as shoveling goes, I had a stroke of good fortune. The north side of my driveway is lined with a pretty thick grove of pine trees which, when combined with the high southerly winds of the storm, caused all the snow to wind-drift on the southern side of the driveway. All told, there was only about 3" of snow in my driveway as a result of the drifting!

djkern - I bought a Sno-Brum earlier in the week to brush the show off the Z. Works like a dream...plus it doesn't scratch the paint! I'd highly reccommend it over a brush. Click this link to check it out.
Old 12-07-2003 | 05:02 PM
buzzdsm

Originally posted by djkern
ok, here are some pics from this morning.

here's the z and the civic....same shot as before...

I must be one of the few people that love snow. I hate getting the Z dirty but I don't mind driving it in a little bit of snow. There is no better feeling in the world then passing a 50K SUV that just went in the ditch with your RWD sports car. I'm going to start honking when I go by them. I do drive very slow in the snow though. Of course 2 feet is a different story.
Old 12-07-2003 | 05:22 PM
Anyone2u
Charter Member #82
Premier Member

Lucky you Dave! We ended up with over 2 feet! Looks like the Passat won't be going anywhere until next spring... .

xjerseyzfinestx Glad you got your car back in the driveway!
Old 12-07-2003 | 07:26 PM
djkern
Banned

CelticPride2 - thanks for the link. also, like i said...you can be wrong when you are a weatherman...and it's ok. right? haha. boston was "supposed to" get less since the water is warm and that would keep the precipitation more on the rain side. YEAH SURE WEATHERMAN!!!!

Anyone2u - haha. that's a funny picture. yeah, we ended up with about 28 inches (well, that's what they say...but, i think there was more than 40 inches where i was...with drift and all).

once this stuff melts....the z is going into storage! i'm not dealing with this again!
Old 12-07-2003 | 07:37 PM
CelticPride2

Originally posted by Anyone2u
Lucky you Dave! We ended up with over 2 feet! Looks like the Passat won't be going anywhere until next spring... .
Looks like your Passat is settling in for a long winter's nap. On the plus side, it looks like the Patriots will be going somewhere this winter after tonight...preferably Houston.

djkern - The weathermen don't always get off scot-free...just look at Steve Martin in L.A. Story