Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Carrying a firearm in your Z??

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 03:39 PM
zakmartin

Received 512 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by Busaboy
As a retired police officer I think all honest, law abiding citizens should be armed. Not because they are afraid but because anyone is capable of anything at anytime.
I remember when I was learning handgun safety as a kid (JROTC military brat living on an overseas base - we used .22's at an awesome indoor range), our instructor, a Command Sergeant Major, said, "You don't carry a gun because you're afraid; you carry one so you don't have to be afraid. The gun is the great equalizer because it makes a weak person every bit as powerful as a strong one."

That's stuck with me for over 25 years.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:21 PM
JLS2GOZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Novesh
LOL

Honestly if I walked up after stopping you and saw that you'd be on the floor spread out.
Ah, yes... Coming from law enforcement family I agree. However the point is doors closed you would not see it in my Z, a truck possibly. Having a CHL, I must keep it concealed. No problem.
Old 06-18-2011, 04:14 AM
Z_HighSpeed

The bigger issue is that if someone does see it, or if you get stopped you are going to get questioned and exposed to a situation which is highly unfavorable.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:13 AM
TripleD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sor
I know the perfect picture for you.

From your statement, that would mean that citizens having guns would make the country safe from criminals. Therefore, America should be the safest country in the world, right? Far from it. Little did you know is that when you start allowing any dumbass to carry a gun around, one of them is going to go and shoot up a campus or rob a store.

And trust me, we really don't have many criminals around here. Even in Jane and Finch.

You are IGNORANT sir. Fist off dumbasses or too dumb to get a permit to carry a weapon. Second if you are a dumbass then you don't care about the law anyway and you are going to tote a gun around just like all the other thugs. So do you want dumbasses carrying guns while all the smart innocent people are unarmed?

I bet some of the students at Virginia Tech wished they had been able to carry their handgun the day Seung-Hui Cho decided to kill 32 people and wound 25. Maybe only 5 would have been killed? Why do think people target schools? Hmmm....... let's think about it for a second.... maybe because they know they can go on a killing rampage because they know that the law prohibits good honest law abiding citizens from carrying, so they can get high body bag counts. They don't want any one interfering.

When was the last time somebody held up a gun shop? Don't ever hear about that?

Ohio just passed a law that allows Concealed Carry Permit holders to carry in establishments that serve alcohol, so as long as no "No Guns Permitted" sign is displayed. We can also effective Sept 30. have no restrictions about how we carry in a vehicle.

The fact that shootings happen where guns are forbidden is proof that the laws don't work. Criminals don't obey these gun control laws. They are not influencing behavior, but only specifying the penalty for getting caught.

It's time for good people to arm up and make criminals think twice about who they terrorize.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:02 PM
tyler350

been carrying this thing around for past 6 months it helps me sleep at night in iraq

Last edited by tyler350; 08-09-2011 at 12:03 PM.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:38 PM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by TripleD
You are IGNORANT sir. Fist off dumbasses or too dumb to get a permit to carry a weapon. Second if you are a dumbass then you don't care about the law anyway and you are going to tote a gun around just like all the other thugs. So do you want dumbasses carrying guns while all the smart innocent people are unarmed?

I bet some of the students at Virginia Tech wished they had been able to carry their handgun the day Seung-Hui Cho decided to kill 32 people and wound 25. Maybe only 5 would have been killed? Why do think people target schools? Hmmm....... let's think about it for a second.... maybe because they know they can go on a killing rampage because they know that the law prohibits good honest law abiding citizens from carrying, so they can get high body bag counts. They don't want any one interfering.

When was the last time somebody held up a gun shop? Don't ever hear about that?

Ohio just passed a law that allows Concealed Carry Permit holders to carry in establishments that serve alcohol, so as long as no "No Guns Permitted" sign is displayed. We can also effective Sept 30. have no restrictions about how we carry in a vehicle.

The fact that shootings happen where guns are forbidden is proof that the laws don't work. Criminals don't obey these gun control laws. They are not influencing behavior, but only specifying the penalty for getting caught.

It's time for good people to arm up and make criminals think twice about who they terrorize.
Agreed on all points! Would like to clarify that in Ohio, if you carry in a liquor establishment, you are not allowed to consume alcohol, which makes perfect sense too. Also, I have a feeling you will see a lot of those No Guns Permitted" signs anyway; most businesses around here have them displayed, including mine. But that is not a criminal violation anyway - about all they can do is ask you to leave and charge you with trespass if you don't.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:42 PM
TripleD

Originally Posted by PerfZ
Agreed on all points! Would like to clarify that in Ohio, if you carry in a liquor establishment, you are not allowed to consume alcohol, which makes perfect sense too. Also, I have a feeling you will see a lot of those No Guns Permitted" signs anyway; most businesses around here have them displayed, including mine. But that is not a criminal violation anyway - about all they can do is ask you to leave and charge you with trespass if you don't.
Yes, Thanks, I forgot to mention no consuming part.

Are you in charge of your establishment? I am assuming not.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:43 PM
PerfZ

Yes, Thanks, I forgot to mention no consuming part.

Are you in charge of your establishment? I am assuming not.
Actually, yes I am, lol. Which means there is no one to hassle me for, ahem, breaking the rules.
Old 08-09-2011, 02:32 PM
jerseystyle
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tyler350
been carrying this thing around for past 6 months it helps me sleep at night in iraq

Looks brand new. Leave the FOB much
Old 08-09-2011, 02:40 PM
Bullitt5339

I have a CCW, but since I work on a Federal Installation, I can't carry a weapon in my car anyways. You can only transport firearms to the range and back and that's it.

So, the CCW really doesn't do me much good, since I typically do everything on my way home from work. It does come in handy during road trips though.

As far as the whole "rights" and "Americans and their guns" talk, I could care less about what anyone else thinks as long as they don't have the power to take away firearms. I have only had to pull on someone twice in my Civilian life, once when a guy cut me off, and I beeped at him and he decided to get out of his truck with a tire iron, and once when I made a wrong turn while traveling through Memphis and ended up somewhere I had no business being at 2AM with the family in the car, and stopped at a light, a guy decided to walk up and knock on my window with a knife in his hand.
Old 08-09-2011, 02:50 PM
Vivid Racing
Sponsor
Vivid Racing

LOL

Honestly if I walked up after stopping you and saw that you'd be on the floor spread out.
What if the driver of the car had their hands out the window and verbally warned you as you approached the car? Would that change the situation at all?
Old 08-09-2011, 02:55 PM
Bullitt5339

Originally Posted by VividRacing
What if the driver of the car had their hands out the window and verbally warned you as you approached the car? Would that change the situation at all?
When I went through the CCW class, that was how we were instructed on how to handle being pulled over with our weapon in the car. Put your hands easily seen by the officer and announce to the officer that you have a CCW permit and a weapon in the car, and then allow the officer to make the call on what he wants you to do from there.

Last edited by Bullitt5339; 08-09-2011 at 02:56 PM.
Old 08-09-2011, 03:00 PM
Z_HighSpeed

Look at it from our point of view. We see a weapon inside a vehicle, we do not know you or your intentions. Even if you are complying with our commands and are nice, that means nothing. I cannot take your actions at face value, I have to determine for myself what is going on. A weapon in a vehicle is a threat no matter what the actions are of the driver.

Holding your hands out of the vehicle, telling me you have a permit and a firearm in the vehicle, excellent steps to getting you going on your way. My stand operating policy is still to disarm the person and make sure they do not have any other weapons on their person or in their reach.
Old 08-09-2011, 03:11 PM
jerseystyle
350Z-holic

Look at it from our point of view. We see a weapon inside a vehicle, we do not know you or your intentions. Even if you are complying with our commands and are nice, that means nothing. I cannot take your actions at face value, I have to determine for myself what is going on. A weapon in a vehicle is a threat no matter what the actions are of the driver.

Holding your hands out of the vehicle, telling me you have a permit and a firearm in the vehicle, excellent steps to getting you going on your way. My stand operating policy is still to disarm the person and make sure they do not have any other weapons on their person or in their reach.
Been stopped a few times while carrying and always disclosed it and have never been disarmed. One Officer didn't even want to see my permit.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:38 PM
PerfZ

My CCW instructor, who is a local LEO, told us their usual policy is to instruct the person to leave the weapon where it is - the last thing they need is to have the weapon in that persons hands. The law says it is mandatory to tell the LEO that you have a CCW permit and whether you are carrying; since the LEO has probably called in your plate, he knows you have the permit anyway. Not sure what the statistics are but I imagine there have been very few instances of a person with a CCW permit using his gun for an unlawful purpose, especially in regards to interacting with a LEO. I keep my permit alongside my DL in my wallet - they would both come out together.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:45 PM
tyler350

Originally Posted by jerseystyle
Looks brand new. Leave the FOB much
i took that pic when first landed, but no ive only been outside the wire a couple times so far, which doesn't bother me. Not looking to get in firefight if don't have to.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:29 AM
Vivid Racing
Sponsor
Vivid Racing

I completely understand where you're coming from. I've had 2 situations where I came in contact with an LEO while having a firearm. Once was with my AK74u and Browning A5 in my back seat. Neither were loaded. I told the officer that I had 2 guns as he was approaching the car, and he just told me to leave my hands where I could see them. Once he looked in the back seat and saw that one was an "assault" rifle, he asked me to get out of the car. He sat me on the curb and asked if he could retrieve the weapons.

He pulled the AK74 out, checked the serial number, and put it back. Didn't even pay attention to the shotgun... And I didn't get a ticket for speeding. I'm sure he stopped me because I was in a lowered Honda and most Honda owners in AZ have warrants/no license/no insurance lol. Btw- this was in Scottsdale where it takes at LEAST 3 units to issue a traffic citation so I had some company while he did his thing.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:33 AM
TripleD

Originally Posted by PerfZ
Actually, yes I am, lol. Which means there is no one to hassle me for, ahem, breaking the rules.
So if you are in support of everything I said why in the world wouldn't you want good honest citizens carrying in your establishment? Makes no sense. If every good person in America carried a gun and criminals knew how many people were carrying a gun there would be so much less crime.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:47 PM
PerfZ

So if you are in support of everything I said why in the world wouldn't you want good honest citizens carrying in your establishment? Makes no sense. If every good person in America carried a gun and criminals knew how many people were carrying a gun there would be so much less crime.
Because in the business world, you must operate in a fashion that makes both your employees and your customers feel comfortable. I have had several, at least, employees, over the years that I would not be the least bit comfortable with carrying a firearm. No one is going to come in and rob us - we are not a cash business. Yes, we might have an employee, or even a customer, come in and start shooting up the place. I would put those odds at somewhere around a million to one against though. As well, it is every business owners prerogative as to whether to allow it - they can never pass a law that would override that IMHO. Nor should they.
So, I would ask anyone posting here : can YOU carry concealed at work? And that anyone would include you BTW.

Last edited by PerfZ; 08-12-2011 at 01:48 PM.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:12 PM
jerseystyle
350Z-holic

Nope. I'm Army and you're not allowed to carry on any federal installation unless on official duty. If I was allowed, I'd carry everyday.

Quick Reply: Carrying a firearm in your Z??