Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

If you own a stock 350Z, we need your help?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2003 | 10:57 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Default If you own a stock 350Z, we need your help!

As many of you know, SportZ magazine is doing a comparison test between current supercharged 350Z kits on the market today. The ATI, Vortech, and Stillen SC kits are included in this test as well as a stock 350Z used for a baseline in the comparisons.

Here is the problem; we had all of test cars scheduled but fate showed its ugly face. Our stock 350Z test car that was to be provided by Tony Santos (daytona350z) got in a car accident thus cannot participate in the test.

We need a stock 350Z for the test that will include AutoX, ¼ mile, and a dyno. The tests will occur on Saturday, Dec 13th and Monday, Dec. 15th.

Is there anyone willing to participate in this test with their stock 350Z? If so, please pm me and I will be happy to fill you in on all the details.

Thanks, Jeff – zland

Here is the testing schedule below:

*AUTOCROSS*
Date: Saturday, Dec. 13
Time: 9 a.m. (drivers meeting at 8 a.m.)
Directions: http://www.sdr-scca.com/solo2/sites/
Details: Events are open to the public at no charge however to enter the pit area you must sign a release and waiver form at the entry gate. Anyone under the age of 18 will be required to have a witnessed Minor Waiver form signed by the legal parents/guardians. You will be given a wristband which must be worn at all times. There is no seating provided so bring a chair.

*DRAG STRIP*
Date: Saturday, Dec. 13
Time: ~2 p.m. (caravanning immediately following autocross)
Directions: Take 5 to PALOMAR AIRPORT RD., Exit and go EAST on Palomar Airport Rd. Take a LEFT on BUSINESS PARK DRIVE, then go LEFT at stoplight into the TRACK ENTRANCE (Poinsettia Ave)
http://carlsbadrags.tripod.com/home/id22.html)
Details: Street Drags & Test n Tune EVERY SATURDAY, Gates open at 11:00A.M., We race from 4 to 6 hours, depending on car count, General admission-$15 Race entry-$10, General info and directions (760) 727-1171, Drag Strip info (760) 480-8369, Track lease info (760) 727-4390

*DYNO*
Date: Monday, Dec. 15
Time: 8 a.m.
Directions: 3176 Airway Ave, Costa Mesa, CA 92626
http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?e...C+CA&country=us
Details: Refreshments for all attendees (no, not beer). Free. Phone866)-250-5542

Last edited by zland; 12-06-2003 at 11:01 AM.
Old 12-06-2003 | 11:15 AM
Silverstone_350

I'd be down..... if I weren't all the way in Wisconsin.
Old 12-06-2003 | 01:28 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

We still need a stock Z so if you are willing to be involved, PM me.

Jeff
Old 12-06-2003 | 02:48 PM
Spyre

i can do the stuff on the 13th with my stock track model, I'm just not sure about getting up on Monday to do the dyno. Any chance of doing it on sunday instead of monday?
Old 12-06-2003 | 03:56 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally posted by Spyre
i can do the stuff on the 13th with my stock track model, I'm just not sure about getting up on Monday to do the dyno. Any chance of doing it on sunday instead of monday?
I wish we could. Most people involved would prefer Sunday but From what Dave told me, Stillen is only willing to do it on weekdays so Sunday is out.

Jeff - zland
Old 12-06-2003 | 04:26 PM
daytona350z

sorry bout that guys, freaking bmw chick on her cell phone not paying any attention to the road took out my rear bumper and right rear fender sorry, i was really really lookin foward to this...

its at my uncles shop, so hopefully it will be a speedy process...
Old 12-06-2003 | 04:39 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally posted by daytona350z
sorry bout that guys, freaking bmw chick on her cell phone not paying any attention to the road took out my rear bumper and right rear fender sorry, i was really really lookin foward to this...

its at my uncles shop, so hopefully it will be a speedy process...
I know when we talked you were really excited to be involved. This is all about having some fun and also including some info that will maybe help others along the way. I am sorry you got nailed. I would really be bummed out.

I have been lucky because I have avoided door dings up to this point. I really freak out when I park 100 feet from the nearest car and like clock work, I return to my car and find a 1968 rusted Ford LTD parks 5" from my door with not another car in sight. Do people do this to us just to be cruel to people who love their cars?

How much damage did the accident cause? I guess if you wanted to get a custom wing, now would be the time since they will be painting?

Are you still going to attend the testing on Saturday? If so, I would love to meet you.

Jeff - zland
Old 12-06-2003 | 04:55 PM
daytona350z

Originally posted by zland
I know when we talked you were really excited to be involved. This is all about having some fun and also including some info that will maybe help others along the way. I am sorry you got nailed. I would really be bummed out.

I have been lucky because I have avoided door dings up to this point. I really freak out when I park 100 feet from the nearest car and like clock work, I return to my car and find a 1968 rusted Ford LTD parks 5" from my door with not another car in sight. Do people do this to us just to be cruel to people who love their cars?

How much damage did the accident cause? I guess if you wanted to get a custom wing, now would be the time since they will be painting?

Are you still going to attend the testing on Saturday? If so, I would love to meet you.

Jeff - zland
i am gonna try to get there on sat. i am visiting my car at the shop. my uncle says the parts will be in on monday (hopefully)

maybe if it is done by sat. i can drive again, but thats me being optemistic. well, i hope you find another car!!
Old 12-06-2003 | 05:25 PM
LaoSiFu

Damm sorry to hear about that Tony. I hope you get your car back soon. GL to you

-Robert

P.S. Let me know if you don't want your Brembos anymore
Old 12-06-2003 | 07:38 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally posted by daytona350z
i am gonna try to get there on sat. i am visiting my car at the shop. my uncle says the parts will be in on monday (hopefully)
maybe if it is done by sat. i can drive again, but thats me being optemistic. well, i hope you find another car!!
Do what is good for you. If you get it done in time, that would be great. As of right now, we still dont have a stock Z to do baseline testing and of course that would improve the testing when comparing hp gains and track times etc. Being that I want the test to be as best as it can be for readers, I am worried about getting a stock 350Z scheduled for the test.

How bad is the damage to your car? I will be amazed if you get it fixed next week. I hope they can match the paint accurately.

Jeff
Old 12-06-2003 | 07:52 PM
daytona350z

Originally posted by zland

How bad is the damage to your car? I will be amazed if you get it fixed next week. I hope they can match the paint accurately.

Jeff
eh, not too bad...not enough to go through the hassle with insurance and stuff. basically, rear bumper was hit, right rear qt panel was crunched, nothing else damaged. the rt rear qt panel looks kinda like /\ where the top is the fender. will see about pics monday...
Old 12-06-2003 | 08:03 PM
bigdaddy

zland,

you should put a thread in the regional forum too to try and get some of those local guys. hope it works out.
Old 12-06-2003 | 09:50 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally posted by bigdaddy
zland,

you should put a thread in the regional forum too to try and get some of those local guys. hope it works out.
Great suggestion, I'll do it now, thanks...Jeff
Old 12-07-2003 | 01:39 AM
BoostTed

PM sent...Im about as stock as u can get. Just got the car a month ago, and i will be avail both sat and monday.

Last edited by BoostTed; 12-07-2003 at 01:42 AM.
Old 12-07-2003 | 01:28 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally posted by BoostTed
PM sent...Im about as stock as u can get. Just got the car a month ago, and I will be avail both sat and monday.
On behalf of SportZ magazine, thank you to all that PM'ed me and inquired about being involved in the testing.

BoostTed was the first owner willing and able to participate in all of the testing (Sat/Mon) with a car that meets the entire criteria.

Thanks to DRFT_Z33 and Dissident for being involved as well. I pm'ed you so check that message please.

Jeff - zland
Old 12-07-2003 | 11:23 PM
BoostTed

Spoke with Jeff this morning on the phone, and I'd like to say that I'm really excited to be part of this. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone next saturday.