Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Good Race...

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2002 | 12:29 PM
Zoro

Default grasshopper

Originally posted by LA-Z
I'm sure Tako never takes his 100K+++ exotics past the 60MPH speed limit! But then again you guys would never say something like when you wreck your Lambo anyway. In fact he did get in an accident with his Lambo and it was going 35+ and it wasn't his damn fault. Same with the first Z accident. Truth is drunk drivers and cluess people cause most of the accidents in this country, and temp. speed demons are so aware and concetrating on their driving that you are being much more careful. Anyway last post, I don't want to old man minivan crew ganing up on me cause I'm going 40 in a 35. OHhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....slow down youngster! Your getting my depends in a bunch!!!
Grasshopper, it's 1:00 AM and there is other traffic on the road.
"drunks driving home from the bar", deers out for a stroll. It's dark you can't see anything except but whats in the limited path of your beams. Not the best time to see what she'll do.

If you gotta see how fast it will go, and I know you got to.
I wouldn't do it racing another car especially the first time I opened it up all the way. I would just conduct my own little test.
I would recommend a early sunday morning before the church crowd get on the road. Out in the country lots of open area where you can see a cop car 3 miles away and be able to slow down in time if you had to. A nice smooth road with no stop signs for miles where you've failed to ever see a police car in your life. Possilbly even a very dead section of free way, maybe even do a like scout work if one direction to make sure it's clean. Then turn about and see how long it takes hit 150.

And yes I have a mini van, 99 chevy astro Vortech "pure american made crap"
Old 09-07-2002 | 03:32 PM
rouxeny

The problem with driving quickly is not the car. Most cars built today are able to handle speeds in excess of 100 mph without much difficulty. Well, at least in a straight line, or with minimal gentle turns. The problem is really with us drivers. Basically, we're all pretty average. Driving at 50 or 80 isn't too difficult, but as speeds increase, your ability must increase at a near exponential rate. Is Micheal Schumacher a better driver than I am? Definitely. Could I do what he does for a living? Absolutely not (though I'd love to try). If we encountered the same situation, such as an object in the road, while we were both going 100 mph in equivalent cars, I bet he'd avoid it and I might not. He's trained to look further ahead, anticipate, and react much better than I, with my 3 weeks of driver's training 10 years ago, am. Also, he drives under very controlled situations. The tracks are smooth, clean and he knows them like the back of his eyelids. Freeways are strewn with blown tires, trash, road kill, and full of other drivers that are as equally average as we are. Some might even be worse. No matter what car you drive, it's really not the place to be driving at excessive speeds. No, I don't consider 80 excessive, but 100 is really very different. If you have the speed kick, check out the track. It's safer, and you'll probably have much more fun.

Andrew
Old 09-07-2002 | 03:37 PM
TJZ

i still must reiterate my last post.

If you think driving at 100+mph is not a big deal, you are foolish.
Old 09-07-2002 | 04:50 PM
InternetABYSS

I think these are all personal opinions......And its noted that some are for racing and going in excess of 100 and others dont believe in this...

Lets keep it friendly and try to respect others opinions...

Not everyone thinks the same way as you...

I would be lying to you folks to say I never took a car over 100mph.....But i do agree it is dangerous and there is a time and a place for everthing.
Old 09-07-2002 | 09:06 PM
blur2ed

look at the controversy i created....
look the highway was empty...no deers...good clear night with a long viewing path, and the speeding didnt go on for too long.
either way...just wondering on the Z, but i started something else.
whoops.