Sponsored by:

Z1 Auto in NY

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 09:47 AM
Mr. Nibiru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No excuses

Originally Posted by cockpit66
Eight months ago I made an order to Z1 Store. Every time I ask tells me that something is missing to come.
Eight are many months and I'm starting to think the worst.
Central 20 3,9, OS Giken LSD, Hotchkis sway bars and lug nuts + studs are not that hard to find.

Has anyone had problems with them? Or am I worrying for no reason?

Thank you.
I have ordered from Z1 before and had great experiences. But 8 months is simply unsat. There is positively no excuse for this. Simply bad customer service. I would think the only way to rectify the problem is to give you some kind of comp. As they give you something for free. That seems fair since you waited 8 months to say anything.
Old 07-23-2011, 11:22 AM
JCITY
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Z-1 has always given me great service.Anything I've ordered it arrived on time as promised.They installed an exhaust system for me in their shop which is laboratory clean!
These guys are the best!
If it was me,I'd just get a refund..some parts (rare) are hard to get.
Old 07-23-2011, 03:45 PM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

I can't honestly believe you guys are trying to say 8 months is normal.
If you knew it would take a while to get the parts and then you paid, that's all fair, and you gotta wait/pay to play (as one of you nut huggers said), BUT if the parts were 'in stock' and 'ready to be shipped' and they billed you that's quite honestly fraudulent.

IMO whatever someone promises in a product (shipping, price, availability, condition) and doesn't deliver, that is shady/fraudulent business.
So it really comes down to did Z1 promise it quickly or did Z1 say it might take some time? Just because a vendor has a good reputation doesn't instantly mean they are right. It's all circumstantial.

That being said, Z1 seems like a good shop and I'm going to be ordering some parts from them in the next couple of days for my build. I hope it's some honest complication, although if they wait too long to ship me my parts, I won't hesitate to call my credit card company and get my money back and tell them to gtfo.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:44 PM
midz350

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Resmarted
I can't honestly believe you guys are trying to say 8 months is normal.
If you knew it would take a while to get the parts and then you paid, that's all fair, and you gotta wait/pay to play (as one of you nut huggers said), BUT if the parts were 'in stock' and 'ready to be shipped' and they billed you that's quite honestly fraudulent.

IMO whatever someone promises in a product (shipping, price, availability, condition) and doesn't deliver, that is shady/fraudulent business.
So it really comes down to did Z1 promise it quickly or did Z1 say it might take some time? Just because a vendor has a good reputation doesn't instantly mean they are right. It's all circumstantial.

That being said, Z1 seems like a good shop and I'm going to be ordering some parts from them in the next couple of days for my build. I hope it's some honest complication, although if they wait too long to ship me my parts, I won't hesitate to call my credit card company and get my money back and tell them to gtfo.

But we never heard the Z1's side of the story!!
Old 07-24-2011, 12:59 AM
Mr. Nibiru

Default Side of the story

There is no need to hear there side of the story. 8 months is 8 months. Anything they say now is just an excuse. Simply bad business. I know this isn't normal business practice but this is just ridiculous. I would definately require a refund.
Old 07-24-2011, 02:00 AM
MaelstrØm

Originally Posted by Flo-ridaZ33
Fixed...
Though 8 months is long... SOP parts are prepaid before you order. Let me ask you... when you personalize a Corvette, do you not leave a rather hefty deposit before you get it right?
This is exactly where you are wrong. When purchasing a new car, one leaves a deposit (known as "good faith consideration") in an agreed quantity that is less than the total amount of the vehicle to secure the purchase, and is a mutually agreed condition of a free contract. This is part of the standard contract for vehicle purchases, which many states have formalized as part of their laws. Vehicle purchases are not typical goods, and due to their large value have special rules. Attempting to analogize them to a strut or an engine part is a fallacy.

When a good is purchased, the vendor either finances or prepays the fee, and then bills the customer when he ships the goods. Scam vendors will accumulate orders and use customer money to buy their inventory, and then leave the customer hanging. This is NOT good business practice, and it leads to fraud - as soon as this business has financial trouble, the customer is going to end up footing the loss because the vendor has already burned their money, which is why you don't prepay for parts. That buffer of cash used to hold inventory is the risk that the VENDOR takes, not the buyer.

You troll all these threads giving the same "advise",
I don't think "troll" means what you think it means. Trolling is an intentional attempt to bring about a reaction. I am trying to help strengthen the community and educate people about the rules so that they don't get ripped off.

when you pay for a part knowing theirs going to be lead time... the internet law you keep referring to has no bearing and by purchasing you've agreed to those terms.
LOL, no bearing? Do you live in some other country? The FTC Mail order Rule (MOR) is Federal US administrative Law and applies to any interstate purchase made in the US. It is derived from Title 15 USC, and Section 435 of the FTC Rules. The only time this rule does not apply is when the parties both contract to select alternative arrangements, which has not happened in any case on here that I am aware of.

If the ship date is not specified, the MOR applies and the time limit is 30 days. You may not like it, but it is the law in the US. The Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) also applies to purchases of goods where consumers by from merchants, and offers additional protections on ship dates and warranties.

Parts from Japan take forever... I bought a MCR spoiler almost a year ago from Adam that still hasn't arrived. I'm a worried? Hell no, he's never failed me and I've dropped over $23k with him. It'll arrive when it gets to the US.
This has absolutely no bearing on the discussion, and your tolerance for risk will burn you one day. If parts from Japan take forever, then your seller should provide you the estimated ship date and stick to that date. If you are willing to wait, that is your decision. I would never accept an open ship date, otherwise you are unable to protect yourself from losses when they happen. That is why the MOR exists.

Any reputable business will offer you a refund if you request it provided they failed to meet the 30 day window. If they tell you that you can't because the part was prepaid and they expect you to fund the purchase where no alternative contract exists, then they are operating illegally.
Old 07-24-2011, 02:27 AM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Nibiru
There is no need to hear there side of the story. 8 months is 8 months. Anything they say now is just an excuse. Simply bad business. I know this isn't normal business practice but this is just ridiculous. I would definately require a refund.
Originally Posted by Mr. Nibiru
Let me ask you something... what do you have on your car that is actually worth waiting for? I already know that answer as that is a rhetorical question, ask anyone who has any type of JDM part if they've had to wait... you couldn't even wait 4 weeks for a Evo-R part so spare me. OS Giken LSD? Central 20 anything is going to require a wait... there's always 2 sides of the story guy. They are bar non the most reliable vendor hands down(Their are still very good guys here too)... You haven't been around the forum long enough to comment on any of the vendor's business practices.
Old 07-24-2011, 02:45 AM
Flo-ridaZ33

Originally Posted by MaelstrØm
LOL, no bearing? Do you live in some other country? The FTC Mail order Rule (MOR) is Federal US administrative Law and applies to any interstate purchase made in the US. It is derived from Title 15 USC, and Section 435 of the FTC Rules. The only time this rule does not apply is when the parties both contract to select alternative arrangements, which has not happened in any case on here that I am aware of.

If the ship date is not specified, the MOR applies and the time limit is 30 days. You may not like it, but it is the law in the US. The Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) also applies to purchases of goods where consumers by from merchants, and offers additional protections on ship dates and warranties.
Is that so... check the links guy:

http://www.z1auto.com/prodmore.asp?m...ne&prodid=1726

http://www.z1auto.com/prodmore.asp?m...ne&prodid=3489

"SOP from Japan"... so their had to have been an agreement your not aware of or the order wouldn't have been made.

The guy asked if he should be worried... the answer is No, is Adam or Kwame going to steal from anyone here? NO! He already received the Central 20 final drive so what's stopping Z1 from sending the OS Giken?
Old 07-24-2011, 04:49 PM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Resmarted
So it really comes down to did Z1 promise it quickly or did Z1 say it might take some time?
Everything else doesn't really mean anything.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:41 AM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by JCITY
Z-1 has always given me great service.Anything I've ordered it arrived on time as promised.They installed an exhaust system for me in their shop which is laboratory clean!
These guys are the best!
If it was me,I'd just get a refund..some parts (rare) are hard to get.
I see you are in Georgia - are you referring to the correct Z-1? You do realize there is a shop in NY which is Z-! Performance and a shop in Carrolton which is Z1 Motorsports, owned by different folks? Just curious.
Old 07-25-2011, 05:17 PM
ChuckW

You can trust Z1's Adam and Kwame. I have ordered parts from them that were backordered and they were super professional. Honest, hardworking guys.
Old 07-25-2011, 05:26 PM
pizzato16

make your own damn parts if you aint happy haha .
Old 07-25-2011, 05:27 PM
saywat?

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

so most of these online business dont actually have the parts on hand that they well on their sites? they wait till someone puts in an order then order it to the shop then they ship it to u? man that sucks and very inefficient but still 8 months god damn lol and why z1 not responding to this thread?
Old 07-25-2011, 05:40 PM
pizzato16

Originally Posted by saywat?
so most of these online business dont actually have the parts on hand that they well on their sites? they wait till someone puts in an order then order it to the shop then they ship it to u? man that sucks and very inefficient but still 8 months god damn lol and why z1 not responding to this thread?
Thats actually incorrect. Most online stores purchase directly from the manufacturer. In most cases, a foreign company. If they run out of stock, they have to order these parts from the foreign company in hopes that theyll have them manufactured and ready to ship. If the foreign company needs to restart the assembly/fabrication line, you wait... and wait... for them to be made, then you better hope you make the back orders to be filled. Usually the wait time is on the manufacturer, not the shipper, but can be on a shitty company.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:02 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

The question you should be asking is... why isn't the OP answering. Why would a reputable vendor go back and forth on a thread when they have the OPs email address? This is taken care of the way it should've been from the beginning... Adam was responding to emails so case closed.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:05 PM
kasimmmmm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had horrible experience. I ordered nismo clutch kit, I was told a month that turned out to be 4 months. I then requested for OEM headlights and again they never came for 2 months until finally had to go to the credit card company to get my money back.
He gave me the run around too, I didn't bother posting because people suck the dude's c*ck on this forum... But you aren't the only one who has experienced this from this vendor.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:38 PM
saywat?

Originally Posted by Flo-ridaZ33
The question you should be asking is... why isn't the OP answering. Why would a reputable vendor go back and forth on a thread when they have the OPs email address? This is taken care of the way it should've been from the beginning... Adam was responding to emails so case closed.
Ugh Becus the issue is already made public. If z1 gave a hoot about their rep they would inform us of Wats going on if they expect any business from future customers. By not letting us kno Wats going on only looks fishy regardless if its true or not. Threads like this really help to build reputation that's why its not always good to keep issues like this private or else we won't kno how a company is until we actually do business with them and that could be too late. Better to be informed rather then wait till **** happens to u.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:41 PM
saywat?

Originally Posted by kasimmmmm
I had horrible experience. I ordered nismo clutch kit, I was told a month that turned out to be 4 months. I then requested for OEM headlights and again they never came for 2 months until finally had to go to the credit card company to get my money back.
He gave me the run around too, I didn't bother posting because people suck the dude's c*ck on this forum... But you aren't the only one who has experienced this from this vendor.
Yea that's wat Floridaz sounds like right now lol. He's defending them so hard it ain't even funny lamo when z1 really needs to give us something themselves so we can understand why things are happening the way they are not floridaz lol
Old 07-25-2011, 09:12 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

Yea that's wat Floridaz sounds like right now lol. He's defending them so hard it ain't even funny lamo when z1 really needs to give us something themselves so we can understand why things are happening the way they are not floridaz lol
Where do these new guys come from?

Ugh Becus the issue is already made public. If z1 gave a hoot about their rep they would inform us of Wats going on if they expect any business from future customers. By not letting us kno Wats going on only looks fishy regardless if its true or not. Threads like this really help to build reputation that's why its not always good to keep issues like this private or else we won't kno how a company is until we actually do business with them and that could be too late. Better to be informed rather then wait till **** happens to u.
Umm... I hate to disagree with you but being on this forum 7 years and giving good service is what builds reps not threads like this. A quick search on your part would pretty much establish that. Unfortunately Kasim didn't have a good experience but how many shops ANYWHERE have 100% success rate? What if OS Giken has a backorder on their parts... how is that the vendors fault? Hell Intense have people that swear by them... I wouldn't buy toilet paper from them but does that mean they're thieves? No! If the OP hasn't responded then what does that mean? They're taking care of business... this is a car forum not a chat room so why would you care about their negotiations? Oh by the way... you fail at spelling.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:07 PM
saywat?

Look wat ur saying is fine in ur little smurfy perfect world but in the real world negative experiences will always trump good experiences. That's jus the way it works. For every 1 good experience a company has the potential to get 5 new buyers. For every 1 bad experience the company has the potential to lose 10 new buyers. That's why damage control is so important. The issues already made public and I'm glad it did. If z1 cares about damage control they'd inform of us Wats going on. Obviously lack of communication was an issue or else OP wouldn't have made a thread wondering where the *** his purchased good are after waiting 8 months. Ur funny floridaz....Congrats ur a spelling bee queen

Oh and Congrats again me and u have the same join date lmao

Last edited by saywat?; 07-25-2011 at 10:09 PM.

Quick Reply: Z1 Auto in NY