Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Need to vent - bad start to the day!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2003, 06:21 AM
Jason Bourne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Need to vent - bad start to the day!

So this morning, I'm giving a coworker (and current leader of my project - i.e. my boss) a ride into the client site in NJ from Manhattan. We get to the parking lot of the client site and I park in between two cars (the car on my right has the driver still in it). Anyway, I'm getting my cell phone and client ID and getting ready to get out of the car when my coworker opens her door (passenger side) right into the already open door of the guy parked to my right. The guy was in the process of getting out ot his car, she didn't bother to check and just threw her door open into his. Anyway, the way the doors hit together there isn't much damage but there is a ding and a small flake of paint missing from my door. The other guy didn't care at all about his car and didn't check for damage, he just walked away.

I'm not too pissed because I have never been that focused on my car's appearance and I recognize that it will get (and has been) damaged but it's still somewhat frustrating. Of course I didn't yell or complain to my coworker either, but she knows I like my car more than the average Toyota driver so she may feel a little guilty.

Anyway, just wanted to vent since even though I can let it go, I still could have done without this.

Jason
Old 12-11-2003, 06:26 AM
Poison123
Google Bot

I know some people in NJ that could "take care" of your coworker if you want.
Old 12-11-2003, 06:30 AM
djkern
Banned

i would have said something to her. now that you didn't acknowledge it...if she does it again...it won't be a big deal.

she might feel quilty....but that doesn't mean anything.

some idiot opened his car door into mine yesterday and he got an earful. i was looking out my window in my kitchen ironically and some guy n a prelude was backing his car into the spot next to mine (there's plenty of space for him to pull his car in...i parked my car close to the left line since my girlfriend was right next to me). well, he parks...pretty pooly i might add...and opens his door. he doesn't open it enough to hit my car...so, i'm like, "ok, it'll be fine". next thing you know he pushes the door open even more as he's getting out and i can hear the clank from inside! so, i open my front door and aks him politely to be careful the next time he parks next to my car or to not park next to it. he doesn't acknowledge that i'm talking to him...so, i snapped at him. he turns around and i proceeded to tell him to not park next to my car again cause he's careless and that i saw that he oopening his car door into mine. he said something back to me as though it was ok for him to hit the car and walked off. from now on...the SUV is going to be parked next to his car...those door will cause more damage!
Old 12-11-2003, 06:31 AM
Rxramon
Charter Member #45

DEMAND SEX from her! (only if shes good looking...)

But a shop should be able to fix, no problem... maybe $100 or 2...
Old 12-11-2003, 06:38 AM
Jeff Holt

Default Dude, I can totally relate

My story is different, but the same. I had a 97 F150 extended cab with flairside, and it was black. I loved this truck! It was beautiful. So My wife and I are up in VA skiing at Massinutin (sp?) and we pull up in the lot to hit the slopes and I find this really great spot with good room next to a stair way so no one could park next to me. So my wife opens the door and WACK!! right into the metal pole. My head snaps over and she just continues to get out like nothing happened. I WAS PISSED!! For like an hour I just got madder and madder until she said "Whats wrong with you today?" Not wanting to make a scene I calmly explained to her that even though cars are meire transportation to you, it is very different to me and when she opened the door into the pole like it was nothing it really got to me. She said that she was sorry and the rest of the day skiing was great. So we get back to the truck and as I put everything into the bed she promptly opens the door and SMACK!! right into the same dam pole BUT in the very next second she says "F#CK!! Sorry Jeff" I was still pissed but at least we made progress.
Old 12-11-2003, 06:40 AM
djkern
Banned

Default Re: Dude, I can totally relate

Originally posted by Jeff Holt
My story is different, but the same. I had a 97 F150 extended cab with flairside, and it was black. I loved this truck! It was beautiful. So My wife and I are up in VA skiing at Massinutin (sp?) and we pull up in the lot to hit the slopes and I find this really great spot with good room next to a stair way so no one could park next to me. So my wife opens the door and WACK!! right into the metal pole. My head snaps over and she just continues to get out like nothing happened. I WAS PISSED!! For like an hour I just got madder and madder until she said "Whats wrong with you today?" Not wanting to make a scene I calmly explained to her that even though cars are meire transportation to you, it is very different to me and when she opened the door into the pole like it was nothing it really got to me. She said that she was sorry and the rest of the day skiing was great. So we get back to the truck and as I put everything into the bed she promptly opens the door and SMACK!! right into the same dam pole BUT in the very next second she says "F#CK!! Sorry Jeff" I was still pissed but at least we made progress.
maybe she should ride in the bed next time with the skis!
Old 12-11-2003, 06:44 AM
Jeff Holt

Default Re: Re: Dude, I can totally relate

Originally posted by djkern
maybe she should ride in the bed next time with the skis!
Funny I was thinking the same thing. AS for your situation, If there was any damage, I would have gotten his insurance infomation and filed a claim with them. At first I was thinking go up and kick the **** out of his door one good time, but then a fight would break out and we would end up in jail. The insurance thing is a gift that keep on giving at least for the next 3-5 years!!
Old 12-11-2003, 06:53 AM
djkern
Banned

Default Re: Re: Re: Dude, I can totally relate

Originally posted by Jeff Holt
Funny I was thinking the same thing. AS for your situation, If there was any damage, I would have gotten his insurance infomation and filed a claim with them. At first I was thinking go up and kick the **** out of his door one good time, but then a fight would break out and we would end up in jail. The insurance thing is a gift that keep on giving at least for the next 3-5 years!!
yeah, i checked the car. no damage. but, i know where he lives and i know what car he drives. i can get his address and livense plate whenever i want. there's a small dent on the other door (another moron that parked too close to me and opened the door into my car...man, my complex sucks! but, that time i didn't see it happen...just left a nasty note on the car...and they've never parked near me again! haha). but, i could get his license plate number...call my insurance company and tell them that he caused the dent on the other door! haha.
Old 12-11-2003, 07:23 AM
Rxramon
Charter Member #45

I love this story so much...I'll post it again

Christmas shopping at the mall last year, December 15

New Sweater 25$

New Nike Beenie 10$

Brand new F..ing dent in my Z's fender, hit and run, $800

2 weeks after christmas, A big **** truck block/parks next to me when returning the 10$ beanie to pay for the $800 dent, and I notice, that only my metal door handles brush up against the truck and I can barely get into my car. So I squeeze into the Z-ride and start smashing my handle agains the side of this truck and nothing is happening to my car, and I do it over and over again to vent anger for the $800 dent from 2 weeks before....Priceless

BTW - I parked way out there in BFE where no one was both times.

Comes from a classic anger venting thread!
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....s&pagenumber=3
Old 12-11-2003, 07:45 AM
djkern
Banned

Originally posted by Rxramon
I love this story so much...I'll post it again

Christmas shopping at the mall last year, December 15

New Sweater 25$

New Nike Beenie 10$

Brand new F..ing dent in my Z's fender, hit and run, $800

2 weeks after christmas, A big **** truck block/parks next to me when returning the 10$ beanie to pay for the $800 dent, and I notice, that only my metal door handles brush up against the truck and I can barely get into my car. So I squeeze into the Z-ride and start smashing my handle agains the side of this truck and nothing is happening to my car, and I do it over and over again to vent anger for the $800 dent from 2 weeks before....Priceless

BTW - I parked way out there in BFE where no one was both times.

Comes from a classic anger venting thread!
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....s&pagenumber=3
whoa there!

nothing happened to the door handle? what happened to the truck.

an, by the way, how are those anger management classes?
Old 12-11-2003, 08:00 AM
Rxramon
Charter Member #45

these lines are the cars...\\II... my car was II...(my reply in other thread)

Not a single scrach on the door handle, atleast 5 good smashes tooooo.....

My friend was looking at me like I was psycho in the car... I was like...."They dont know me!"

I keep my baseball gear in the car too... I didnt even have to reach for a bat... Thanks Nissan
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just keep saying to yourself ....
"They dont know me!"
"They dont know me!"

slow it down a little..."They, dont know me!"

I also use... "Know me, They dont!"
Old 12-11-2003, 08:10 AM
BFG10

I just hate door dings, plain and simple! They really **** me off. Hopefully, they can be repaired by dent wizard, but you never really want to repaint the thing. Just never quite right.
Old 12-11-2003, 08:29 AM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I opened the wifes passenger door into my Z in my own garage; and I felt like kicking MY ***. No one will notice it except me and I am not a fanatic either but still...
Old 12-11-2003, 09:02 AM
themyst

scratches and dents build character