Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

apparently everyone with a muscle car thinks

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 08:49 PM
503_350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they can talk all they want..when they finally make it around those corners...
Old 08-03-2011, 10:37 PM
norapat01

some people tends to think that whatever that they own is the best....especially when it comes to cars
Old 08-03-2011, 11:01 PM
RodgePodge

Originally Posted by AlloyZ
I WAS all but kicked out on LX FORUMS when I put up pics of my HR Z33,,,,, I had a HEMI R/t magnum.. but i like my coupe. ALOT ..anyone take any r/t cars in their Z?
I dumped on a previous generation white charger r/t with cat delete and intake.

My dad however has a challenger r/t classic with a predator handheld tuner that I got him for christmas and he can pass me like I'm standing still.

I normally don't get picked on by any muscle cars except for a couple C6s that are running around.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:11 AM
pcressey

I only get the 90's Civic's that look like they were pieced together at Pick Ur Part, with registration tags that are 2 years old.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:44 AM
hugo350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used to own a c4 vette and it was just the torque that made it feel fast. I looked at the spec sheet and was like wtf?! 230 hp on a sbc350?! And that was at the crank, whp was wwaayyy lower. So unless they are super modded (usually edelbrock intake manifolds and other performer series items) muscle cars stock are not all that people make them seem. I got more girls in that then the Z though good ol days.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:20 AM
RodgePodge

Originally Posted by hugo350z
I used to own a c4 vette and it was just the torque that made it feel fast. I looked at the spec sheet and was like wtf?! 230 hp on a sbc350?! And that was at the crank, whp was wwaayyy lower. So unless they are super modded (usually edelbrock intake manifolds and other performer series items) muscle cars stock are not all that people make them seem.

Right. Most of the time they just sound mean and noise doesn't equal fast.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:35 AM
BlueSQ

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ksuberk54
Their car is way better or faster because of this. Why the hate for 350z's?
Im curious - how do you know people with muscle cars think their car is better and/or faster?
Old 08-04-2011, 01:02 PM
ksuberk54

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueSQ
Im curious - how do you know people with muscle cars think their car is better and/or faster?
I know people with muscle cars and they tell me all the time "I smoke 350z's left and right" and guys in mustangs look at me like they're better or something.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:16 PM
RodgePodge

I know people with muscle cars and they tell me all the time "I smoke 350z's left and right" and guys in mustangs look at me like they're better or something.
Maybe they do. Let them think that. These arguments aren't worth getting into. There's always going to be somebody who thinks they're faster just like there's always going to be somebody who IS faster. Just enjoy your ride. You didn't buy it for them did you?
Old 08-04-2011, 01:30 PM
ksuberk54

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RodgePodge
Maybe they do. Let them think that. These arguments aren't worth getting into. There's always going to be somebody who thinks they're faster just like there's always going to be somebody who IS faster. Just enjoy your ride. You didn't buy it for them did you?
haha no I bought it for myself and you know, the ladies. It's definitely a panty dropper.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:35 PM
ImWeeZzel
350Z-holic

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by RodgePodge
Well said sir, well said.

I had a guy in his late 30's outside a liquor store tell me that his lifted 08 silverado would take my car any day. I chuckled and said "good for you buddy."
I guess he was trying to look cool in front of his friends, but I didnt want to stoop to his level.

then there's the occasional ricers that rev at us
Old 08-04-2011, 01:36 PM
BlueSQ

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Here's my take on that - import drivers who say muscle car drivers hate their car..........why are you even looking at other people in the first place? They're total strangers ... and taking it a step further by gauging their approval of your car? Didn't you stop doing that when you were like 16?

The only people I ever look at are other Z drivers. And all I ever see is dudes like me or tiny asian women

Muscle car drivers do smoke Z's daily...I got a friend with a 700 hp new gen mustang GT. Drives great for 1/4 mile...and smokes me every time. He admits the handling sucks. I admit the Z is underpowered. We both know the capabilites but we bought what we prefer. People who give bad looks are probably not happy with what they have.

Can't say I've ever looked at another drivers face while driving unless they make it known they wanna race (flash lights, thumbs up, 3 honks, go).

For that matter, I can't say I ever had anyone try to race me except other Z's ... and I drive the 405 daily ... ironic?
Old 08-04-2011, 04:45 PM
Itzcashew

No i find Porsche driver annoying. Here I am cruising on the Wangan at midnight enjoying my 300ZX when some dude in a Blackbird 911 Turbo pass me by. Totally showing off that hes faster than me.

It's cool though i recently bought a blue S30 so I'll get back at him. >_>
Old 08-04-2011, 05:37 PM
RodgePodge

Originally Posted by ImWeeZzel
Well said sir, well said.

I had a guy in his late 30's outside a liquor store tell me that his lifted 08 silverado would take my car any day. I chuckled and said "good for you buddy."
I guess he was trying to look cool in front of his friends, but I didnt want to stoop to his level.

then there's the occasional ricers that rev at us

Thank you.

on being the bigger man. No shame in laying the smackdown but don't give in to the useless taunting of others. They're merely suffering from SDS(Small D!ck Syndrome).
Old 08-04-2011, 05:55 PM
AdvanZ33
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 189 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Itzcashew
No i find Porsche driver annoying. Here I am cruising on the Wangan at midnight enjoying my 300ZX when some dude in a Blackbird 911 Turbo pass me by. Totally showing off that hes faster than me.

It's cool though i recently bought a blue S30 so I'll get back at him. >_>
Ha! I love that game. Well played sir.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:50 PM
michaelm5

I have a 2007 350Z GT model and love that car. I bought it new and it only has 8,000 miles on it. I also have a 69 SS 396 Camaro that I have had for 34 years (yes I am older than most of you). My Camaro in stock form is not as fast as the Z. Look at the data and most of the muscle cars from the 60's were running 13's to 14's in the quarter mile. Tires from that time were a limiting but even with slicks and open headers getting into the 12's was not easy to do. My Camaro was a mid 13 car so just a little slower than the 2007 HR motor Z. The GSX, LS6 and Hemi cars were faster but some of the new cars today are much faster than the great muscle from the 60's. There is something about the personality of the muscle cars though that cannot be matched with todays cars. I am now running a fairly radicle roller cam and some other things and at a stop light the 69 just portrays a certain attitude I love my Z though and get great fun with both cars.
I'll tell you this, my Camaro gets picked on by new Mustang drivers much more than the Z. WTF, Seems that people who buy new performance cars want to show everyone that they have the baddest street ride.
I know guy who bragged about how fast his 64 Corvette was. He got waxed by a young guy with a 2.2 VTEC prelude engine running a turbo that was installed in a light Civic body. Damn thing turned in the 10's. He could beat ANYTHING he encountered on the street.
Enjoy what you have!
Old 08-04-2011, 07:05 PM
RodgePodge

Originally Posted by michaelm5
I have a 2007 350Z GT model and love that car. I bought it new and it only has 8,000 miles on it. I also have a 69 SS 396 Camaro that I have had for 34 years (yes I am older than most of you). My Camaro in stock form is not as fast as the Z. Look at the data and most of the muscle cars from the 60's were running 13's to 14's in the quarter mile. Tires from that time were a limiting but even with slicks and open headers getting into the 12's was not easy to do. My Camaro was a mid 13 car so just a little slower than the 2007 HR motor Z. The GSX, LS6 and Hemi cars were faster but some of the new cars today are much faster than the great muscle from the 60's. There is something about the personality of the muscle cars though that cannot be matched with todays cars. I am now running a fairly radicle roller cam and some other things and at a stop light the 69 just portrays a certain attitude I love my Z though and get great fun with both cars.
I'll tell you this, my Camaro gets picked on by new Mustang drivers much more than the Z. WTF, Seems that people who buy new performance cars want to show everyone that they have the baddest street ride.
I know guy who bragged about how fast his 64 Corvette was. He got waxed by a young guy with a 2.2 VTEC prelude engine running a turbo that was installed in a light Civic body. Damn thing turned in the 10's. He could beat ANYTHING he encountered on the street.
Enjoy what you have!
Well said and in for video of camaro at idle haha