Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Alum Billet Antenna

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2003, 07:05 PM
Electro Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alum Billet Antenna

I saw the Aluminum antenna on Coutesy parts. I like the look of the long one.. but dont like the stubby one at all... What do you guys think.. I am tempted....

EZ
Old 12-11-2003, 09:14 PM
ragtopz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

between the two, i like the long mast better. the stubby one looks wimpy. personally, i like the stock one the best.
Old 12-12-2003, 04:34 AM
SungNamZ

Originally posted by ragtopz
between the two, i like the long mast better. the stubby one looks wimpy. personally, i like the stock one the best.
Received the "stubby" / "wimpy" one from Courtesy late yesterday. Installed, but have not formed opinion yet. Reception is great.
Old 12-12-2003, 04:45 AM
Electro Z

LOL... didnt mean to Impune your antenna. I might just buy both and confust the neighbourhood.... I think I jsut will do that.. hahahaha.... the power of low price equipment..LOL... sorry.. lsot it there...

Thanks for the input!

EZ

PS RON.. I think I have seen you zippen round Albuq... See you soon!
Old 12-12-2003, 05:16 AM
SungNamZ

Originally posted by Electro Z
LOL... didnt mean to Impune your antenna. I might just buy both and confust the neighbourhood.... I think I jsut will do that.. hahahaha.... the power of low price equipment..LOL... sorry.. lsot it there...

Thanks for the input!

EZ

PS RON.. I think I have seen you zippen round Albuq... See you soon!
When not listening to CD's, stay tuned to KRST most of the time. The reception I got last night was great! NO loss in signal. Just not sure I like the chrome on a "Brick". Would prefer something similar in black. Trying to find out if anyone has tried the one from jscspeed.com.

What part of ABQ are you in?
Old 12-12-2003, 06:51 PM
Electro Z

I usually am between coors and the airport. I dont drive my Z anywhere I have to leave it out of my eyesight. I have a Daytona Blue Touring with everything....

I "LOL" ordered both antennas! SO I can see which I like more... Or I will swap em out as I feel like it... Its my only mod and suck a simple one too.

I love this car Vin 334 and dont want it messed up. Its been in the garage the last three days.. and it will be there Sat and Sun too since I will be flying the balloon.

If it snows Monday.. I will be in the truck again... I got heated seats and have used em twice....hahahahaha

See you round town? Are you in the Z club?

EZ
Old 12-12-2003, 10:55 PM
SungNamZ

Originally posted by Electro Z
I usually am between coors and the airport. I dont drive my Z anywhere I have to leave it out of my eyesight. I have a Daytona Blue Touring with everything....

I "LOL" ordered both antennas! SO I can see which I like more... Or I will swap em out as I feel like it... Its my only mod and suck a simple one too.

I love this car Vin 334 and dont want it messed up. Its been in the garage the last three days.. and it will be there Sat and Sun too since I will be flying the balloon.

If it snows Monday.. I will be in the truck again... I got heated seats and have used em twice....hahahahaha

See you round town? Are you in the Z club?

EZ
Joined the "Z" club when they had the meet at Balloon Fiesta Park in October. Have not been to one of the Thursday dinners.

Are you sometimes in the vicinity of Denny's, Texaco and Village Inn on Coors? If yes, that Auto Auto Wash car wash at Texaco is mine along with 4 other in town. So far I am enjoying the 3 5/8" Courtesy antenna. Will still like to find something similar in black. Let me know which you get and perhaps we can get together so I can see and get your feedback.
Old 12-13-2003, 09:02 AM
KrazY-2K

I've got the "wimpy" short aliminum antenna for my Z and it looks great. Much nicer improvement over the stock IMO.
Ron and Electro, I don't know if I've seen you guys when I was up in ABQ around last week... hopefully someday
I see plenty of Z's up there. There was a blue Z with a chrome grille that I saw, but not so sure if it's anyone from this site.
Old 12-13-2003, 10:16 AM
SungNamZ

Originally posted by KrazY-2K
I've got the "wimpy" short aliminum antenna for my Z and it looks great. Much nicer improvement over the stock IMO.
Ron and Electro, I don't know if I've seen you guys when I was up in ABQ around last week... hopefully someday
I see plenty of Z's up there. There was a blue Z with a chrome grille that I saw, but not so sure if it's anyone from this site.
KrazY-2K, next time you are in ABQ send a PM. Starting to like the "wimpy" short antenna from Courtesy. Getting some favorable comments and reception is great. Trying to get ZChickz to do a "Z Love-in" next spring. Not that many members on the site...should be easy to pull off. Might be an opportunity for a lot of SW "Z" owers to meet.
Old 12-13-2003, 12:06 PM
Electro Z

Wow.. nice to see you all... I dont get close to the Texaco.. but I will have to go by when I get both mine and we can see which we like the best.... I expect I will get them in soon.

I have the standard grille.. no mods... other than the soon to be recieved antenna. I didnt know they had a meet during Fiesta.. or I would have run home and gotten my baby and put my balloon up... sheesh! haha

Hope to see you guys around.. and yeah.. PM me too and we can get together...

EZ
Old 12-19-2003, 02:48 PM
Electro Z

Well I recieved both antennas from Coutesy parts.. I got them before I got the notice that they were on there way..LOL.. nice!

Wow was I urprised at how small they are... compared to the standard antenna.. the large alum antenna is still half the length and the Micro Antenna is tiny.... talk about minimalist.. but it does go nice on the Z. I have tried the reception and all my stations come in as they did before... I have had the Micro ant on for four days now and have had good comments on it.

Cheers!

EZ
Old 12-20-2003, 04:34 PM
ajk4

i got the taller one of the two, but since i dont have chrome wheels i chose to paint it black. i used a flat black paint and applied numerous layers of clear coat, hopefully the paint will hold up in the rain/cold/etc.
Attached Thumbnails Alum Billet Antenna-p1010003a.jpg  
Old 12-20-2003, 04:39 PM
Twizt

How about a picture of these guys installed?
Old 12-20-2003, 04:56 PM
Electro Z

I will take a pic tomorrow and post all of the antenna... I still have the wimpy stubby one on.. its nice

EZ
Old 12-20-2003, 09:50 PM
CluelessZ

I'm surprised people say the reception is the same. IT IS NOT. I do not recommend these antenna's. I'm switching back to the stock antenna, cause these aluminum ones provide FAR WORSE reception.

It's too bad, cause they look pretty nice
Old 12-21-2003, 07:59 AM
tennyball

People are getting different results due to where they live and drive. I purchased the short stubby billet antenna and the reception was noticeably degraded. I also switched back to stock.
Old 12-21-2003, 08:15 AM
KrazY-2K

I don't get any good stations down here where I live to begin with, so it doesn't really affect me
Old 12-21-2003, 10:06 AM
SungNamZ

Originally posted by KrazY-2K
I don't get any good stations down here where I live to begin with, so it doesn't really affect me
KrazY-2K,

Where are you in NM? I have tried two (2) different short antennas (Courtesy 3 5/8" & emr-power) and both are as good as OEM. Have not ventured outside ABQ to see where reception
is lost. Going to look at a third for JSC Speed (Perrin Shorty Antenna).
Old 12-21-2003, 04:53 PM
Donald0730

I steer away from aftermarket antennas. I just know that somebody's gonna steal it off my car. Well, maybe I deserve it. I've stolen about 4 S2000 antennas back when I had a VW GTI.
Old 12-21-2003, 08:34 PM
zurn

Originally posted by Donald0730
I steer away from aftermarket antennas. I just know that somebody's gonna steal it off my car. Well, maybe I deserve it. I've stolen about 4 S2000 antennas back when I had a VW GTI.
Why would you want to do something like that

Quick Reply: Alum Billet Antenna