Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Stillen. Any one encounter this before?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 02:38 PM
Team STILLEN
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will absolutely bring it up, I believe the consensus is that most customers enjoy having the same sales representative, someone who potentially knows the build history and has a relationship, and that's the way we're set up (although anyone can help if for some reason another sales rep is out of the office), which is why they will pull you up in the computer. Perhaps this system is unattractive to some, I'll have that discussion.

Anyone can feel free to contact us, or PM me, if they have an issue with anyone here at STILLEN.

We do our best to keep prices low, but there are things about STILLEN that do increase overhead.. such as manufacturing all of our products here in Southern California vs. overseas, both hard parts and urethane, having trained salespeople and customer service, a full R&D department and service bay.. we're not just a website front and a basement.

We're also open to price matching, and carry 200 other vendors besides the products we manufacture, and also have a free shipping program in place. I'm sorry we lost your trust at some point, and if there is anything I can do I'd hope you reach out.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:44 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Received 411 Likes on 235 Posts

now THAT was a professional response, and i will pony up and tell you that for sure. Not the usual from some vendors.. we can , well.. get ppl pretty fired up sometimes haha...we're a bit rough around here.
Nonetheless..Nice job.

Sounds alot better than what im used too for sure.
Go ask for a promotion heh heh.
Old 08-11-2011, 07:04 PM
XSpeedAddictX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by josh@stillen
I will absolutely bring it up, I believe the consensus is that most customers enjoy having the same sales representative, someone who potentially knows the build history and has a relationship, and that's the way we're set up (although anyone can help if for some reason another sales rep is out of the office), which is why they will pull you up in the computer. Perhaps this system is unattractive to some, I'll have that discussion.

Anyone can feel free to contact us, or PM me, if they have an issue with anyone here at STILLEN.

We do our best to keep prices low, but there are things about STILLEN that do increase overhead.. such as manufacturing all of our products here in Southern California vs. overseas, both hard parts and urethane, having trained salespeople and customer service, a full R&D department and service bay.. we're not just a website front and a basement.

We're also open to price matching, and carry 200 other vendors besides the products we manufacture, and also have a free shipping program in place. I'm sorry we lost your trust at some point, and if there is anything I can do I'd hope you reach out.
Screaming and yelling and belittling? Didn't happen. I understand that you care about the price but to say that you are worried about the dealer losing money. Are you saying that the dealers are incapable of doing basic addition to price their products correctly? Sometimes it is worth discounting a specific product to attract buyers to your site, shop or what ever other channel hey sell products through. The intention is to gain awareness of what you have to offer so that people will do more business with you. For instance, the same guy that bought the sway bars and such from the dealer ALSO bought 2 window motors. Instead of saying that you did the dealer a favor for informing them they are selling the product for a loss just say they were violating policies, don't play the hero role when that is obviously not the case. The guy got chewed out for under pricing your product. Also, don't have a customer do the dirty work by calling the dealer to get the name and such of who is selling the product and for what price. Also, when a customer is unhappy don't taunt them by asking them stupid questions like, "do you need help spelling that?" after the customer asks for a name. It would definitely benefit your company to have more mature representatives.

Last edited by XSpeedAddictX; 08-11-2011 at 07:07 PM.
Old 08-11-2011, 07:09 PM
Bmurray350z

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts

Old 08-11-2011, 07:21 PM
Team STILLEN
Vendor - Former Vendor

Not trying to get into a back and forth, as I started my thread I'm sorry that we didn't meet the expectations we try to achieve with every customer, and we're not beyond making mistakes, regardless of the circumstances no one wins in that situation.

Of course we will contact dealers who may have incorrect pricing they're basing their selling prices on, as well as to adhere to our MAP pricing (again, has no impact on what they are willing to sell you at, we do not control that, just what it's advertised for).

I do hope he enjoys the STILLEN product once installed, and I do wish this could have been resolved without it resulting in this much turmoil, that isn't indicative to the majority of STILLEN customers, dealers, and transactions in general. If I can do anything further, please don't hesitate to PM me or give me a call.
Old 08-11-2011, 07:24 PM
XSpeedAddictX

Originally Posted by josh@stillen
Not trying to get into a back and forth, as I started my thread I'm sorry that we didn't meet the expectations we try to achieve with every customer, and we're not beyond making mistakes, regardless of the circumstances no one wins in that situation.

Of course we will contact dealers who may have incorrect pricing they're basing their selling prices on, as well as to adhere to our MAP pricing (again, has no impact on what they are willing to sell you at, we do not control that, just what it's advertised for).

I do hope he enjoys the STILLEN product once installed, and I do wish this could have been resolved without it resulting in this much turmoil, that isn't indicative to the majority of STILLEN customers, dealers, and transactions in general. If I can do anything further, please don't hesitate to PM me or give me a call.
If anything, I will let you know. Thanks.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:48 AM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Should have asked about their supercharger that adds 10 hp.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:02 AM
Bmurray350z

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Spork
Old 08-12-2011, 10:07 AM
pcressey

This sounds so familiar... Jeff having attitude and being rude... Hah.

My car had a Stage 3 kit, which is now off after two engine failures (long story, and all engine/sc work was done at Stillen). There were talks with Jeff after the first engine failure (very shortly after the SC install) to negotiate rebuilding the engine [they tuned the car after upgrading from Stage 2 to 3, but their tuning expert was on vacation or something of the sorts]... my friend was dealing with him, and Jeff asked him to go outside, where he then yelled and cussed in rage, mad rage, like turning bright red rage... great customer service from the head of Sales... he is a true tool.

Experiences with other team members were fine, but look out for the tool in the middle of the cubicles.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:28 AM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Received 411 Likes on 235 Posts

haha.. oh dear.

Old 08-21-2011, 02:30 PM
whosdady

Stillen is the worst company I have ever purchased from. When my exhaust started to rust (welds started to crack and caused leaks)they used every excuse possible. I pointed out articles and warranty descriptions from their own website contrary to their excuses. Needless to say they did nothing to help me. They did however offer to sell me another exhaust So much for their stated "lifetime warranty" on the exhaust I purchased.

My advise is to spread the word and file a complaint with the BBB. Do a search, they are infamous for this kind of stuff. Buy anything but Stillen...
Old 08-21-2011, 03:34 PM
Duckeee

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

no stillen. no
Old 08-21-2011, 05:45 PM
dvsone

Originally Posted by Spork

ROFL Almost as much HP as their stickers on the rear bumper
Old 08-21-2011, 05:53 PM
Stock2Autocrozz

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So FINALLY A THREAD TO BLOW ON...
I loved my Stillen Strut tower bar, however, noticed it was bent the other day...and I think, "hmmm, WTF??" I look back to pictures days after it was installed. It came bent in~!!!!!

Nonetheless, in addition, the pictures originally showed it as a FLAT metal piece in the front, so I was at first shocked by the industrial welds and open holes...but grew to like the design.
Either way, their email responses are fast, but do not have a record of my purchase...and they ask what other vendor I may have got it from.

*edit: Looking into it, I realize I probably bought it at Import Parts Pro, LLC.

However, I know I did not bend it, and I was seriously considering more of their products, but with items damaged, ineffective or not fully as pictured I have serious doubts.
Old 08-21-2011, 10:28 PM
derekinthez

Y did you tell Stealing who your source was? If they couldn't beat the price you should have hung up and purchased from your vendor.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:38 AM
PrimeX

Speaking on Josh's behalf, when I bought my Gen 3 CAI from Stillen I first PM'd him about the pricing, shipping, etc. He was very responsive, very courteous and followed up with tracking plus it shipped very fast. Very nice person to do business with in my opinion unlike some vendors here.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:18 AM
midz350

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

My Stillen short shifter's polyurethane bushing got worn out in less than a month and caused the shifter to spin and spin. So, drilled the fwckr, put a small/short nail through and welded the ends. now it works like a charm.

Last edited by midz350; 08-23-2011 at 11:25 AM.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:42 AM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

this thread sucks......

For Stillen lol
Old 08-23-2011, 02:51 PM
JedixSole

Originally Posted by 2004Black350z
this thread sucks......

For Stillen lol