2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Amazing YouTube video! Must watch!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 11:09 PM
350Zdj

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bmccann101
I think the video is very simple.

I think in that simplicity, we all become empathetic and imagine your feelings of melancholy going away on that day for a little while, and a group of people, a family, were truly excited to the core, exhilirated to do this for their dad, husband, family member. We place ourselves in that situation.. we think of our own families, and that's where it hits home for everyone.

What it made me stop and think of is something i have been looking at much more in my own life lately.. and that is the idea of appreciation. And in this case its two fold.

Understanding the blessings of a caring family, love, strength, and also the blessing that I have good health. That My father has good health, and my mother. People rack themselves crazy day in and day out over feelings that they arent good enough, maybe arent yet married, don't have a nice enough place to live, a good enough job, etc etc... when truly the gift of life, health and our opportunitues are truly so much more precious and finite.
I try to chime in on Off Topic threads that deal with these issues to get people to realize there are so many things they shouldnt worry about in this life, and so many more things they should start to care about more instead.

Secondly, i watch this video and think after all my talk of appreciation... what a glutton I am. Look at my car in my signature. Its crazy. Its over the top.. and then back around and over the top again. And i truly take it for granted.

Here is a man who has raised children, lived in harsher times in the world than I, has kept a marriage and been a husband, and who has now also faced an extremely horrendous form of cancer... and all he wanted to be happy was a stock black 350z.

Who the hell am I to need so much more than that? I guess i just had to stop n think.. what do i still care so much about that i need a car thats any better than a stock 350z? Its a great car.. what strange thing makes me spend so much time and thought on this vehicle?

I get onlookers, kids, and young men etc that i pass by and talk to sometimes here that are quite happily envious of the car Ive built ( well its not to everyones liking, but thats asides the point), and we all do like cars.. they ma,ke us smile.

but i watch this video and truly I AM envious of you and your family.
that you have what appears to be a nice and close decent family who also get to spend time with each other, who care about each other and came together in time and finance as well. ....and by the picture, it appears you also have a very lovely wife, and the opportunity to stand in a picture with her barefoot in the clean sands somewhere.And THAT is what lifes about my man.

And we read your replies and can hear your modesty.

As a Christian man who often struggles to be as such, my hat off to you OP for being a good guy, a modest guy....enough where people across the country on an internet forum can tell somehow that it is truly the case with you.

My prayers to your family, and to your mother. Im glad she gets to read these comments. God Bless in hopes that you still continue to honor your fathers memory with this for years to come.
Hat's off to you this post.

Wise words and very well said man.

Old 11-04-2011, 06:38 AM
cmcurran5

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

i thought the only videos online to get my to tear up was the ones of soldiers coming home to their famlies. this truely is the greatest selfless act. im sure everyone has a dream and to make sure your fathers came true like that is amazing. im sorry that he was taken away from you so young, but if you believe the same way I do then you know he is in a much better place waiting for you. thank you for sharing this video and giving us a view of an intimate family moment. RIP
Old 11-05-2011, 09:54 PM
TheVengefulCo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by curt7448
This is a video that my family and I made a couple years ago of us surprising my dad with his dream car.... A 350z. He had been diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer, and was basically given his death sentence. My dad really wanted a 350z but didn't want to put the financial burden on us, so we did it for him. I contacted a car dealer buddy of mine and told him what we needed and he worked non stop for 2 days to find his dream car, and shipped it to us. Please read the description of the video before watching the video. And before anyone rags on the car for being automatic, that is all he could drive do to the fact that the cancer spread to his liver and he couldn't shift due to the swelling. He only lived a couple more months after this video was shot. He would have wanted me to share it with fellow Z lovers. Please enjoy. And please excuse my wife. She was videoing and couldn't contain her words. (holy cow, holy moley...)She can afford to sound a little silly, that is me and her in the bottom pic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEhnq7gpGTg

IMG_0417 by curt7448, on Flickr
HEY!!!!!! I SAW THIS VID WHEN IT FIRST CAME OUT! I was one of the first to see it! great video, and actually i watched it again the other day. Its funny because i can still read my comment on it from a while ago on it. Anyways your father looked like an the coolest guy, Im sorry for your loss and also the trolls that left some stupid comments the few years the vid has been up. You guys are a great family and i hope you dont experience anymore tragic losses! Thanks for the vid! PS: I also really enjoyed the pictures and write up of how youre friend detailed the Z to look amazing.
Old 12-07-2011, 04:19 PM
titanium777

Hold onto that Z
Old 12-16-2011, 06:56 AM
usmcninja

Nice, this is an awesome video bro. the coolest thing is that he gets to drive his dream car before he's gone...Very touchy video. thumbs up for that.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:28 AM
SHOCKWAVE77

i've seen this video B4 ...awesome!!!
Old 12-16-2011, 11:10 AM
MaelstrØm

Guys, if you really care about the issue - please DONATE to cancer research. A hand at work is worth a thousand in prayer - we can sit around and say nice things, but money is what will get the work done. My grandfathers both had cancer, and it is a huge killer in this country, make a difference, PLEASE donate to the ACA or the Mayo Clinic:

http://www.cancer.org

Mods: I won't say any more on the issue, thanks for letting me ask.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:37 PM
curt7448

Thank you to everyone for all your kind words! have a happy new year!
Old 12-29-2011, 08:48 AM
Dailyzspeed

Before this video came out in 2008. A Z was always my dream car. And now here i am Today owning one. And this video if one of the main reasons why. The video Got me tearful when i saw it in 08, and touched my soul dramatically. It is truly amazing what you've done for your father. And I'm guarantee every Member on the forum, Will Tell you how touched they are by the video. Because we can understand the emotion in that car & the Driver. I still remember a year back when i got my Z From my father, the first thing i thought of was to Comment on the youtube video and share my regards and feelings. Now I Am happy i can do so on the forum. Ive Been trying to save so i can repay him by getting His Dream Car A a Ferrari. And i Will Try my best to succeed and make them come true. So he can Feel the same happyness i felt when he bought me my Dream car the (Z).

My prayers go out to your family forever. Your Father Could Have not been anymore happier in heaven being able to have driven his dream, and have such a loving family there for him. God Bless You Guys, for putting out and amazing video That still impactes New And old Z members of today.

May your Father RIP.

-Arman
Old 12-29-2011, 10:17 AM
R3CKLESS

That was very heart warming. God bless you and your father!
Old 12-29-2011, 08:53 PM
jFran

Amazing.
Old 12-30-2011, 01:16 PM
Stance350zee

Awesome .. so sad but god claims us we he wants us back
Old 12-30-2011, 01:35 PM
Redline Dustin

First time seeing this video...
I honestly can not think of any example of human kindness that can even compare to that.
What an amazing, inspirational story to say the least.
You should be extremely proud of yourself and your family for pulling that off, and I'm sure it was all worth it seeing your dad smile and take off in that Z for the first time.

~Hats off to you and your family.