Test Pipe Tickets

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 07:04 AM
RENFRO

Received 112 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by SE5spd
running test pipes for almost 4 years without a problem, in CALIFORNIA lol
Winning!

I plan on running the Motordyne exhaust. from the clips I've seen they've fixed the rasp and even the drone with their newest version. Definitely what I'll be going with. I prefer a powerful, loud sound. I've never once gotten a headache due to an exhaust. I've been running straight test pipes on the stock cat back for a few months now...sure it's pretty raspy, but only when I'm deep in the throttle in a certain rpm range. Even still, doesn't bother me...but to each their own.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:36 AM
Czarrr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No emissions in my part of Washington
Not enough time to install my TP's myself.
Thinking about dropping it off to a friends place for the price of a 6 pack of Blue Moon.

As long as you're not stompin on the gas, i'm sure you could get away for it for some time.
But a concern might be that if you **** the cop off, they'll try to write you off for every little thing.

I just want my HKS to have a little more roar.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:54 AM
RENFRO

Originally Posted by Czarrr
No emissions in my part of Washington
Not enough time to install my TP's myself.
Thinking about dropping it off to a friends place for the price of a 6 pack of Blue Moon.

As long as you're not stompin on the gas, i'm sure you could get away for it for some time.
But a concern might be that if you **** the cop off, they'll try to write you off for every little thing.

Hey man they're not too bad to do by yourself. I did them in about 3-4 hours with a not so great set of jack stands (height wise, I mean). I had some serious T-rex arms going on to get them installed, but was way easier to bolt the pipes up than it was to get the cats off...the heat shields make it a pain to get the manifold bolts/nuts loose.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:21 AM
Czarrr

Originally Posted by RENFRO
Hey man they're not too bad to do by yourself. I did them in about 3-4 hours with a not so great set of jack stands (height wise, I mean). I had some serious T-rex arms going on to get them installed, but was way easier to bolt the pipes up than it was to get the cats off...the heat shields make it a pain to get the manifold bolts/nuts loose.
I wish man.
- My short nubby Filipino arms don't reach very far.
- My schedule between work and school is one after another.
Morning to night.
- I doubt I have the right tools. I saw write ups that involved a 20" extender?
- My new house my girlfriend and I just moved into doesn't have a garage.
The rainy season is upon us Washingtonians.
- I keep finding excuses on why I suck.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:52 AM
RENFRO

I wish man.
- My short nubby Filipino arms don't reach very far.
- My schedule between work and school is one after another.
Morning to night.
- I doubt I have the right tools. I saw write ups that involved a 20" extender?
- My new house my girlfriend and I just moved into doesn't have a garage.
The rainy season is upon us Washingtonians.
- I keep finding excuses on why I suck.
hahaha! I understand the schedule man...funny thing is, I planned to start mine on a saturday...but they were just on the table teasing me so I started around 9:45pm on friday night! I ended up just stacking the extensions I had to get enough length. Best of luck with what you decide to do though! I'm sure glad I did mine.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:53 PM
Czarrr

Originally Posted by RENFRO
hahaha! I understand the schedule man...funny thing is, I planned to start mine on a saturday...but they were just on the table teasing me so I started around 9:45pm on friday night! I ended up just stacking the extensions I had to get enough length. Best of luck with what you decide to do though! I'm sure glad I did mine.
I hate having parts laying around.
Tease at it's finest.
I had coilovers sitting in my BEDROOM for a few weeks until I finally requested a day off from work to get them in, along with my camber kit.

Any tips on the install for someone who's not mechanically inclined?
Old 10-26-2011, 06:32 AM
nathanwl2004

I've had test pipes and an injen ses TI exhaust for years. The car is very very loud, which suits me just fine because its not a DD. Never been pulled for exhaust smell or noise. I've been pulled for speeding many many times and never once hassles about testpipes. I even had a cop run his finger across the back bumper of the car once and examine the testpipe soot (which is annoying BTW) and still he never said anything. Honestly outside of California I don't think I've ever once heard of someone actually getting a ticket for test pipes. Not to say it hasn't ever happened, I've just never heard of it.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:58 AM
albaugh81

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had Berks on my Z for 2 months I just got tired with them. NOISE
Old 11-05-2011, 08:21 AM
SoCal07HR

Warning!!! I was running the HKS and installed resonated test pipes, it was so raspy I had to go buy a motordyne exhaust. Seriously it sounded like crap. The HKS with cats sounds awesome though.

I've been running test pipes for about a year in socal with a three inch single, no trouble with the cops.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:01 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,306 Likes on 1,661 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCal07HR
Warning!!! I was running the HKS and installed resonated test pipes, it was so raspy I had to go buy a motordyne exhaust. Seriously it sounded like crap. The HKS with cats sounds awesome though.

I've been running test pipes for about a year in socal with a three inch single, no trouble with the cops.
HKS sounds like a Cessna, but its GayDM crap and everyone seems to really love it. Motordyne just sounds good with or without test pipes. BTW I had less rasp with test pipes than i do with my Berk HFC's, but i don't care. Its only sound.
Old 11-05-2011, 02:45 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ive been running test pipes for years now and with no drone with the Borla but a litlle stinky.I guess the turbos kind off quiet down any rasp and with emissions i have had no problem passing the visual test as im lowered and they cant see the cats anyway.
Old 11-05-2011, 08:27 PM
SoCal07HR

Originally Posted by terrasmak
HKS sounds like a Cessna, but its GayDM crap and everyone seems to really love it. Motordyne just sounds good with or without test pipes. BTW I had less rasp with test pipes than i do with my Berk HFC's, but i don't care. Its only sound.
I agree, only had the HKS cause it was on my car when I bought it. Awesome that so many people love the JDM stuff so much cause it payed for my Motordyne when I sold it.

If you've ever heard an HKS with test pipes you would be shocked by how bad it sounds.