Sponsored by:

How to.. tiptronic?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 11:42 PM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by sportbiketed
noob
Lol seriously. I'd be willing to bet half of you guys can't even keep up with an auto z.

And to the genius's dissing the manumatic mode; have you ever even been in an auto z?
I'd guess not. They shift pretty damn hard.
Tiptronic mode is not a bad idea as I'm pretty sure the ecu increases the solenoid shift pressure when in the "manual" mode, making the shifts a little faster and a little easier on the tranny (less time inbetween shifts=harder shifts, quicker/harder shifts means less clutch pack wear).

I swear manual people can be so foolish. There's a good reason thx00's rule the drag scene

+1 on the valvebody kit+reflash. Add in a plenum spacer and nice exhaust and you will seriously love your car. Wouldn't be a bad idea to do a grounding kit while you're at it, I know my Z had more than a few 'forgotten' shift imputs, I believe I read somewhere it's a grounding issue. But I don't need to worry about that anymore; when the motor goes back in it will have a good old cd009 attached to it.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:05 AM
optimus350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Manual mode all the time. Chirped the gears in 1st and 2nd. I cant complain.
Valve body upgrade in the future. It feels faster considering the HR has a rev line of 7500
Old 09-28-2011, 08:01 AM
Bottled Water

Originally Posted by terrasmak
Just keep the barbie car in drive, thats all you have to do.

I have heavy traffic daily, i didn't turn in my man card.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:16 PM
AlloyZ

noob
HAHAHA NOOB, yeah right bro. Driven dozens of high speed cars, street and track. Just got my HR two months ago but def not a noob,,, and yeah I have driven a G35 coupe with manumatic mode as you refer to it. I dont care what you say the ECU still has way way to much control ever heard of torque management ....UNLIKE in my non ECU controlled, non traction controlled, non dynamic stability controlled 6spd HR. QUAILFE LSD and its good to go!!!
Old 09-29-2011, 08:17 PM
AlloyZ

Originally Posted by Bottled Water
this is a dumb thread, ibtl.

Last edited by AlloyZ; 09-30-2011 at 10:19 AM.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:21 PM
AlloyZ

Originally Posted by optimus350z
Manual mode all the time. Chirped the gears in 1st and 2nd. I cant complain.
Valve body upgrade in the future. It feels faster considering the HR has a rev line of 7500
You mean tires right...and chirped? the 6spd will all out spin em through second...there is no dispute between a manual and an auto. NONE.
For instance an auto can not launch from a dig,(to clarify this is when you start very quickly from a standstill in a drag race),,can you? I can drop the clutch at 4 k and romp off the line with sticky tires and the right degree of skill. An auto can not do that. simple

Last edited by AlloyZ; 09-30-2011 at 10:18 AM. Reason: CLARIFY
Old 09-29-2011, 10:22 PM
winchman

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't think I've ever in my whole life wanted to "launch from a dig", whatever that means. I guess it's a good thing it wasn't on the Man Card test when I got mine.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:12 AM
sportbiketed

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by AlloyZ
HAHAHA NOOB, yeah right bro. Driven dozens of high speed cars, street and track. Just got my HR two months ago but def not a noob,,, and yeah I have driven a G35 coupe with manumatic mode as you refer to it. I dont care what you say the ECU still has way way to much control ever heard of torque management ....UNLIKE in my non ECU controlled, non traction controlled, non dynamic stability controlled 6spd HR. QUAILFE LSD and its good to go!!!
Yes you are a noob. This thread isn't a discussion about 6spd vs auto, it's about using tiptronic. You are just derailing this thread with your pointless posts.
Old 10-01-2011, 01:33 AM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Yes you are a noob. This thread isn't a discussion about 6spd vs auto, it's about using tiptronic. You are just derailing this thread with your pointless posts.
*Sigh* yeah, trolls now a days come out for no reason to crap on threads with their bullsh*t logic.
Old 10-01-2011, 02:55 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get the Transgo vb mod and youll never look back
Old 10-01-2011, 04:32 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,290 Likes on 1,650 Posts

Originally Posted by Resmarted
Lol seriously. I'd be willing to bet half of you guys can't even keep up with an auto z.

And to the genius's dissing the manumatic mode; have you ever even been in an auto z?
I'd guess not. They shift pretty damn hard.
Tiptronic mode is not a bad idea as I'm pretty sure the ecu increases the solenoid shift pressure when in the "manual" mode, making the shifts a little faster and a little easier on the tranny (less time inbetween shifts=harder shifts, quicker/harder shifts means less clutch pack wear).

I swear manual people can be so foolish. There's a good reason thx00's rule the drag scene

+1 on the valvebody kit+reflash. Add in a plenum spacer and nice exhaust and you will seriously love your car. Wouldn't be a bad idea to do a grounding kit while you're at it, I know my Z had more better than a few 'forgotten' shift imputs, I believe I read somewhere it's a grounding issue. But I don't need to worry about that anymore; when the motor goes back in it will have a good old cd009 attached to it.
I actually drive my moms 5at G all the time when i'm at their place. At 60 years old , she is still pissed at my dad for buying her and AT car.

Drag cars, yes auto is usually better, who wants to drag race a sports car, kinda boring.
Old 10-02-2011, 09:55 AM
DubNium

I say the Tip Tronic is faster..but the MT are wayy fun...

In my personal experience, when i do my take offs i slap it into the TipTronic gate and hold my brake and bring my revs up to 2k and let go of the brakes and smash my gas...ill see my rev speedometer reach around 6800 and then ill shift up..by that time the speedometer shows that it reach 7000 by the time it shifts..if i left it in Automatic and watch the rev meter it shows it shift at exactly 6800.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:45 AM
MapleSyrup

Still appreciating the input guys, aside from AlloyZ this thread has been very useful to me.