Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Avalon Racing

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2003, 11:05 PM
monkey7

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Paul at avalon is cool. Helped me out when I had problems with my exhaust. E-mailed me right away with an answer.

d.
Old 12-24-2003, 06:10 AM
ColecatZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When my silverstone pre-order 350 was totaled out by Statefarm, I posted on another forum that I was looking for a LeMans Sunset 6 speed and that none of the dealers in Texas could locate one. Well, Paul had been allocated 20 350z's from Team Nissan for their run of cars and one of them fit what I was lookig for. So I bought the car and gave Paul my list of goodies (see below)

Paul was great to work with on the whole thing, including helping to schedule my trip out to get the car (I'm in Tx. and he's in NH) They did a top notch job building it out and I'm more than pleased with the car and the service I've received.

Hope this helps ya out....you don't have anything to worry about.
Old 12-24-2003, 06:28 AM
MyZ4U2C

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I heard back from Paul via email. Everything is cool!!
Old 12-26-2003, 04:47 PM
MyZ4U2C

I ordered my popcharger almost a week ago and still have no money taken out of my bank account via debit card. Maybe this wont happen until the popcharger is actually shipped?
Old 12-26-2003, 05:53 PM
350Zzzz
Professional

Paul is doing the right thing, as some vendors will take the cash and use it for a month without interest, at your expense; While you'll be paying for the money taken out and sitting home twiddling your thumbs waiting for something you’ve paid in full.

As long as you get the order confirmation, you're doing alright; and your account will be credited as soon as Avalon Racing gets your order from the manufacturer. This is a better way for the customer and credibility for the vendor.

Happy New Year

G
Old 12-28-2003, 03:11 AM
Avalon Racing
Sponsor
Avalon Racing

We are caught up on POP Chargers. We have two open orders for Jurczyk and Alindogan. We went threw aton before Christmas and have another shipment on the way. It should be here anyday now. As soon as it arrives, the abnove orders wil ship.

Regards
Old 01-20-2004, 03:09 PM
MyZ4U2C

I just wanted to post again since i started this thread. I received my popcharger from Avalon this week and all is well. Mine came with the heat shield, the rubber trim, stickers etc. Ive read threads where folks ordering popchargers from other dealers werent getting all the necessary hardware. Mine was perfect. Thanks Avalon.
Old 01-20-2004, 04:02 PM
Avalon Racing
Sponsor
Avalon Racing

Default Your welcome

Glad we could help.

regards
Old 01-20-2004, 04:18 PM
MannishBoy
350Z-holic

Originally posted by Dissolved
wrong. As soon as your card is authorized it shows up with your bank. (this is of course, assuming Avalon can authorize cards in real time like most online retaiers.) If MYZ4U2C is using an online banking service to check status, it WILL take a few days to show. This isnt due to the bank not being open on weekends. It always takes them a few days to update their online database. If you call them, the change will be there.
Only the authorization on a debit card will be there until the transaction is run through either a deposit by the vendor or until the POS terminal is settled. I'm not sure exactly how the web transactions that are automated would clear, but I doubt that would happen immediately.

What WILL hit the checking account immediately will be a hold on the approved funds. If nothing is run based on that approval number in a few days, that will drop off, though. For instance, rental car companies will run more than the expected rental fees against cards in many cases, so more money will be held against your checking account than may be eventually charged. This ticks people off if they end up bouncing checks because of it.

If you look at a credit card statement (which shows it better than you'll get on your checking account with a debit card), you'll see a transaction date and a cleared date. They are often different days due to the deposit delay by the merchant and the business day cut offs by banks.

ATM transactions also work similarly. You get an immediate hold on your account for the funds, but the transactions are only truly debited against your account at the end of the bank's business day. On weekends (say, after mid afternoon on Friday), those transactions will end up posting as Monday transactions.

/boring banking stuff