Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Aftermarket Brands

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 01:39 AM
joshua_brown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Brands

I got a question. If you're looking to start buying aftermarket parts and performance parts and everything is it better to stick with one brand or can you mix it up...i.e. buying a intake from stillen and a borla exhaust, etc im sure you get the point
Old 04-01-2012, 03:14 AM
joshua_brown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well that was just an example. but it's better to keep with the same brand for all the different performance parts you buy?
Old 04-01-2012, 04:22 AM
JCITY
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Aftermarket performance parts of the same brand are not like buying electronic parts for a sound system(home/mobile)of the same brand.With electronics,there is a compatibility
issue.In my experience,best to stay with one brand.On auto stuff,I think its a quality issue.With my Z,I have more Nismo parts than any other brand.But again,it all depends...
Looking at different areas,you can get questionable results if you mix components in say an exhaust system.
Bottom line,thats why input from sources such as this forum is valuable to find out
"what works".
If anything,just don't buy because the price is the lowest(unless used).Most always
you will loose.
Old 04-01-2012, 04:57 AM
jerseystyle
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JCITY
Aftermarket performance parts of the same brand are not like buying electronic parts for a sound system(home/mobile)of the same brand.With electronics,there is a compatibility
issue.In my experience,best to stay with one brand.On auto stuff,I think its a quality issue.With my Z,I have more Nismo parts than any other brand.But again,it all depends...
Looking at different areas,you can get questionable results if you mix components in say an exhaust system.
Bottom line,thats why input from sources such as this forum is valuable to find out
"what works".
If anything,just don't buy because the price is the lowest(unless used).Most always
you will loose.
Good advice here. Use this forum and do plenty research before buying anything. There really isn't any reason to stick with all of the same brand. It's really just user preference IMO.

Last edited by jerseystyle; 04-01-2012 at 05:00 AM.