Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Took some solitary sitting time in a Z today....I'm in lust

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2003, 06:27 PM
pmturcotte

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Took some solitary sitting time in a Z today....I'm in lust

Been a lurker here for a while, fiance and I are buying a house right now so going to be till April or so before I get my shot. Think I'm also going to be the oddball on these forums in that I am buying it to be my daily driver, it will see rain and it will see snow. I will drive it silly and I WILL LOVE IT! Just my thing, I guess. I'm buying my dream car and I am going to drive my dream car. Went to the dealer today who has been taunting me for a while. Just sat in it for a few minutes while he was asking me questions yapping in my ear. Typical pushy crap - "What can I do to get you in this car today?" So I said "Just leave me a lone for two seconds" and close the door.

Just glanced around the cockpit, shut my eyes, breathed in....

And that was it. This is my car. I love it.

Four months and counting....

(thanks to everyone past and present who will answer my questions until I take delivery)
Old 12-31-2003, 07:04 PM
Orbit

Talking Re: Took some solitary sitting time in a Z today....I'm in lust

[Mine is also a daily driver. I was driving a Toyota Tacoma A4 to work for the past 10 months and have been eyeing the Z since they hit the scene last year. I finally broke down and traded the Tacoma for the Z. It is my daily driver rain or shine. (don't get too much snow here in Florida). I now look forward to driving to work now that it is not task and is pure enjoyment. I have only 900 miles on my Z so haven't had any problems as of yet. I just want to put the pedal to the metal to see how she responds. I know it it not a vette, but should still be a lot of fun for years to come.

(thanks to everyone past and present who will answer my QUOTE]Originally posted by pmturcotte
Been a lurker here for a while, fiance and I are buying a house right now so going to be till April or so before I get my shot. Think I'm also going to be the oddball on these forums in that I am buying it to be my daily driver, it will see rain and it will see snow. I will drive it silly and I WILL LOVE IT! Just my thing, I guess. I'm buying my dream car and I am going to drive my dream car. Went to the dealer today who has been taunting me for a while. Just sat in it for a few minutes while he was asking me questions yapping in my ear. Typical pushy crap - "What can I do to get you in this car today?" So I said "Just leave me a lone for two seconds" and close the door.

questions until I take delivery)
[/QUOTE]
Old 12-31-2003, 07:13 PM
cheeves

Well, I wouldn't call mine a daily, but about as close as you can get. Won't drive in snow, or wet roads when it's under 32. I have a 4x4 beater for that. I can't justify letting her sit there, just beckoning for some exercise. To often people ask me when I'm gonna put it up for the winter..WTF..it's got a heater!
Old 12-31-2003, 07:52 PM
Orbit

Thumbs up

Originally posted by cheeves
Well, I wouldn't call mine a daily, but about as close as you can get. Won't drive in snow, or wet roads when it's under 32. I have a 4x4 beater for that. I can't justify letting her sit there, just beckoning for some exercise. To often people ask me when I'm gonna put it up for the winter..WTF..it's got a heater!
Cheeves,
I bought my wife a 2000 Torch Red corvette coupe for her birthday in April of 2000. It is nearly 4 years old and has only 20000 miles on it. I will not let my Z turn into a weekend driver only. I bought it to enjoy it everyday. Hope Mother Nature takes care of you and gives you plenty of sunshine so that you can keep the Z out of hibernation.
Old 12-31-2003, 08:15 PM
mofoz

i bought my Z also as a daily driver, and it sees snow and rain more than i like, but for chicago, i keep it out of the snow as much as possible. luckily our winters are getting hotter and hotter, so the winters arent as bad. Being at school i cant drive my Z nearly as much as i want to. I just spend more and more time on these forums and looking at performance parts You will love it. The best part i must say is on the drive home from the dealership and you have to convince yourself "This is my car, this is actually my car" At least thats what it was like for me. Good Luck
Old 12-31-2003, 08:36 PM
samw1978

My Z is a daily driver too, but I drive my gf's beetle more in rain/snow
Old 12-31-2003, 11:34 PM
350zWhite04

i had to take some tissue with me and extra 3 pairs of underwear the first time at the nissan dealer saying "F*** dat S***...im jus here to see some cars." den i ejaculated 10 times at once in the Z. it was great. now im married to my PPW.
das how it is with the Z.

see it. ride it. be it.
Old 01-01-2004, 12:08 AM
ragtopz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by 350zWhite04
i had to take some tissue with me and extra 3 pairs of underwear the first time at the nissan dealer saying "F*** dat S***...im jus here to see some cars." den i ejaculated 10 times at once in the Z. it was great. now im married to my PPW.

see it. ride it. be it.
more than i needed to know...
Old 01-01-2004, 01:11 AM
louisbs

Originally posted by mofoz
i bought my Z also as a daily driver, and it sees snow and rain more than i like, but for chicago, i keep it out of the snow as much as possible. luckily our winters are getting hotter and hotter, so the winters arent as bad. Being at school i cant drive my Z nearly as much as i want to. I just spend more and more time on these forums and looking at performance parts You will love it. The best part i must say is on the drive home from the dealership and you have to convince yourself "This is my car, this is actually my car" At least thats what it was like for me. Good Luck

First POSITIVE response to global warming!
Excellent!
Old 01-01-2004, 06:54 AM
RedShft

Default Re: Took some solitary sitting time in a Z today....I'm in lust

Originally posted by pmturcotte
Think I'm also going to be the oddball on these forums in that I am buying it to be my daily driver, it will see rain and it will see snow. I will drive it silly and I WILL LOVE IT! Just my thing, I guess. I'm buying my dream car and I am going to drive my dream car.
good for you!!! cars were meant to be driven...not garaged and kept in heated storage to only be brought out weekends....thats horse ****. you pay good money for it, you better enjoy it.
Old 01-01-2004, 09:57 AM
ViZion

mines my daily driver too. buuuut, i live in central texas...so i don't really have to worry about snow too much.
Old 01-01-2004, 10:22 AM
srmd22

Default errr

see it. ride it. be it.
what kinda stupid crap is that?
Old 01-01-2004, 11:51 AM
PhoenixINX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

(thanks to everyone past and present who will answer my questions until I take delivery)
Welcome to the board.

I can say my first glance at my Z was when I walked into the dealer in TX, which I had just flown in that morning.

It was still early morning, and there were already people piled around my Z admiring it. Mind you this was late October of 2002... Zs were not around much yet. More so in the small town of Lubbock, TX.

There she was, the dealers first Super Black... TRACK at that. Yup, a quick tear ran down the cheek.

I signed the papers and got out of dodge!!!!

26k miles later, she's still my daily driver - and I have a blast driving it everyday.

ZERO regrets.

Best of luck!
Old 01-01-2004, 03:04 PM
RedShft

Default Re: Re: Took some solitary sitting time in a Z today....I'm in lust

Originally posted by PhoenixINX
More so in the small town of Lubbock, TX.

haha....i know a guy who lives in Lubbock. Charles Riegel...i guess he still lives there.
Old 01-01-2004, 05:57 PM
Dissolved

see it. ride it. be it.
What a class act. Speak english?

pmturcotte, welcome man. Did you actually drive one? Fun car
Old 01-01-2004, 07:47 PM
gaseous

Welcome, and glad to see another MD, VA, DC Metro area Z owner/future owner to come on this board.

Here's hoping to a quick 4 months and to see you when you get your car.

- thai
Old 01-01-2004, 10:07 PM
Morphiend

Yeah, my Z is my daily also, but I live in SoCal so its not like I have to worry about snow, and not really much rain ether. If its horrible conditions out, I take my GFs civic.
Old 01-01-2004, 11:16 PM
Z HAGI

Hey guys im kinda new to all of this but i have been looking at the see for a looooooooong a** time (story of all our lives haha) and well now my dream will be commin true...Ill hopefully have a Z in the next couple of weeks if ne ones got some advice post me up...U know where to find me.
Old 01-02-2004, 07:48 AM
Primaltone

My Z is my only car, and thus my daily driver. I love the car and plan to keep it forever. However, it isn't 'really' practical enough as an ONLY car. The trunk (or boot if you prefer) isn't as bad as most reviewers make it out to be, but it's not going to transport anything other than groceries or a few golf or duffle bags.

I live in KY, and it snows. Not only does it pain me to drive it in the snow, but it has little to no traction, regardless of VDC. And as someone stated earlier: in cold weather (~30F) on a slick rode, any abrubt throttle will send the car sideways. While this is fun, it's not good for the tires or the heart.

I'm not griping, because I've had cars similar to this in the past and I knew what to expect. However, I now plan to supplement the Z with a snow-going vehicle that can also haul stuff later in the year.
Old 01-02-2004, 12:04 PM
Phatmitzu

...Just glanced around the cockpit, shut my eyes, breathed in....

I totally feel ya. This forum is what helps me to get over the wait. Now...the car will take delivery on the 13th!

Less than 2 weeks and counting....

Quick Reply: Took some solitary sitting time in a Z today....I'm in lust