Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

350z HR just got stolen, chased at 155 and crashed

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 07:41 PM
Suntzuprodigy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZS14
Left your keys in the ignition. Wtf I don't give a *** if you live in the hills you never do that crap. You're to blame dumbass.
you have got to be the most dumb person in the world to think that because you leave your keys in the ignition it's your fault it gets stolen or makes it anymore OK for somebody to take it. Making a vehicle more easily stolen does not give somebody the permission to take it, stealing is stealing idc if your hacking an ignition and touching wires together or turning a key and besides, my key was not in the ignition as stated.

As to everybody talking about the cop giving me information.. i was very surprised, he is a sherrif and was talking to me like a regular man to man convorsation about a race or something, told me the car had amazing pick up, told me it would have outran the charger in the corners and told me he was doing 140mph and the car was pulling away from him still, and at a decent rate.

i have had the car at 150mph on a stretch of interstate that i travel almost everyweek and i knew there were no bridges on it, this guy was doing over 150 on basically what is a back road on the outskirts of a town, i went to see the skids today and found out where the car was impounded, i havnt heard anything from the police about collecting valuables from the car or anything but i will attach pics of the 300+ feet of skids and additional pictures of the damage.

Also i AM hoping this is totaled out because the payment has been a hassle for me since i rolled over a loan to get the car, i would like to just not deal with it anymore. besides nobody will ever buy a car with a carfax like this.. and frankly im not sure if id feel ok even driving it knowing this had happened to it it's all pretty heartbreaking. And to anyone who said that i planned or crashed it myself, it was 40 minutes away from my house when it crashed, and as soon as the dogs failed to locate the perp, they called my house and i answered the phone, unless im a magician i did not crash the car.

i came home at 6pm and stayed here sleeping untill i got the call that cops wanted to talk to me at my door at around 2:30 or 3am, at which point i realized for the first time that the car was gone.

the cop mentioned that the guy seemed like he didnt have experience driving the car because he blew a donut to change direction but ended up turning around anyway.. on the way to the crash site we found the marks

this is the crash site with 300ft skids

Old 07-01-2012, 08:30 PM
Josh|Swag

Bummer man. Some people have to learn their lessons the hard way, hope you benefited from this.
I'm not going to tell you it was dumb to leave your keys in the car because I'd be beating a dead horse.
Good luck with the insurance and everything man.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:45 PM
bluelineshooter

Originally Posted by end of z world
Also, I did 140 in my z for an hour straight, Iowa interstate in the late hrs on a return trip from zdayz.
I wouldn't advertise that...lol

And op,that sucks. That's a hard way to learn a lesson. Good luck with everything.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:40 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Suntzuprodigy
I was stupid and left the key in the car
In the secret hiding place?
Old 07-02-2012, 04:51 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

This is a nightmare that I would not wish on my worst enemy. No point in listing the body panels that must be replaced: this Z is a total lose. For round numbers figure $17700.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:53 AM
JERZ350

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Things that the cops/insurance might ask you:

1. Obviously, why leave the keys in the car (this leads to them thinking you set this up. And this is the first time you left your keys in the car, and some random thief just decided that same day to try the door, find the actual keys and drive away. Most thieves don't have the ***** to steal the actual car, they just break in and steal crap out of it. They were planning on taking the car from the beginning)
2. Do you have any enemies, suspicious people or cars parked near your place, or people asking you questions or admiring your car lately.
3. I wouldn't openly say that I was having trouble with the payments for the car (this will also lead them to think you set this up just to dump the car)
4. How did the cops know it was a stolen car without you reporting it stolen? Random check? If I were retarded enough to steal a car, and actually got away from the location it was at un-noticed....I wouldn't drive around like a maniac directing attention to myself.

If I can think of these things, an insurance fraud investigator definitely can lol

Last edited by JERZ350; 07-02-2012 at 06:00 AM.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:41 AM
cgkp0925

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JERZ350

1. Obviously, why leave the keys in the car (this leads to them thinking you set this up. And this is the first time you left your keys in the car, and some random thief just decided that same day to try the door, find the actual keys and drive away. Most thieves don't have the ***** to steal the actual car, they just break in and steal crap out of it. They were planning on taking the car from the beginning)
2. Do you have any enemies, suspicious people or cars parked near your place, or people asking you questions or admiring your car lately.
3. I wouldn't openly say that I was having trouble with the payments for the car (this will also lead them to think you set this up just to dump the car)
4. How did the cops know it was a stolen car without you reporting it stolen? Random check? If I were retarded enough to steal a car, and actually got away from the location it was at un-noticed....I wouldn't drive around like a maniac directing attention to myself.

If I can think of these things, an insurance fraud investigator definitely can lol
These thoughts were brewing in my head also after I kept reading OP's last post.

Does sound suspicious, or it's just by chance the way things played out.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:31 AM
350sexZ

Haven't you seen bait car?
Old 07-02-2012, 07:45 AM
meanz

Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Man this sucks, hope for the best. Ive left my keys in the door in my drive way before. Talk about sh*tting my pants lol. The neighbor hood it happened in was pretty bad to.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:55 AM
ZS14RR

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This guy is even a bigger dumbass than I thought. Admitting to all the things.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:08 AM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

you have got to be the most dumb person in the world to think that because you leave your keys in the ignition it's your fault it gets stolen or makes it anymore OK for somebody to take it. Making a vehicle more easily stolen does not give somebody the permission to take it, stealing is stealing idc if your hacking an ignition and touching wires together or turning a key and besides, my key was not in the ignition as stated.

As to everybody talking about the cop giving me information.. i was very surprised, he is a sherrif and was talking to me like a regular man to man convorsation about a race or something, told me the car had amazing pick up, told me it would have outran the charger in the corners and told me he was doing 140mph and the car was pulling away from him still, and at a decent rate.

i have had the car at 150mph on a stretch of interstate that i travel almost everyweek and i knew there were no bridges on it, this guy was doing over 150 on basically what is a back road on the outskirts of a town, i went to see the skids today and found out where the car was impounded, i havnt heard anything from the police about collecting valuables from the car or anything but i will attach pics of the 300+ feet of skids and additional pictures of the damage.

Also i AM hoping this is totaled out because the payment has been a hassle for me since i rolled over a loan to get the car, i would like to just not deal with it anymore. besides nobody will ever buy a car with a carfax like this.. and frankly im not sure if id feel ok even driving it knowing this had happened to it it's all pretty heartbreaking. And to anyone who said that i planned or crashed it myself, it was 40 minutes away from my house when it crashed, and as soon as the dogs failed to locate the perp, they called my house and i answered the phone, unless im a magician i did not crash the car.

i came home at 6pm and stayed here sleeping untill i got the call that cops wanted to talk to me at my door at around 2:30 or 3am, at which point i realized for the first time that the car was gone.
So i awake the other night to two police officers at my door asking me if i knew where my car was, this was obvious for me since i had been home since 6:30pm and been in my room sleeping that my car should have been sitting in the door yard. So i look over into the spot that its usually park and its gone and im like ... you have got to be f*cking kidding meeeeeee. and they were like yea it was just crashed in vermont after a high speed police chase involving speeds excess of 150mph.
"because you leave your keys in the ignition it's your fault" - correct

So when the cops called you, 7ish, and confirmed you were home, they surprised you 8 hours later when they came to your door asking if you knew where your Z was located? They just called to say hello the first time?

" it was just crashed in vermont after a high speed police chase" you mean, it was crashed 8 hours ago. ? . ?

Sounds fishy, dude, or you can't tell a story worth a darn.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:15 AM
Suntzuprodigy

Originally Posted by scotts300
"because you leave your keys in the ignition it's your fault" - correct

So when the cops called you, 7ish, and confirmed you were home, they surprised you 8 hours later when they came to your door asking if you knew where your Z was located? They just called to say hello the first time?

" it was just crashed in vermont after a high speed police chase" you mean, it was crashed 8 hours ago. ? . ?

Sounds fishy, dude, or you can't tell a story worth a darn.
you got all your facts wrong dude, i got home with the car at 6ish, assuming to go to the movies around 9, fell asleep instead, woke up to the phone ringing at 2:30am and cops at my door, asked me if i knew where my car was, i looked in the driveway and said "apparently not here" and figured thats why they were there

also to all you morons who think because you leave keys in a car its ****ing open season for theft... perish in hell please...

Insurance IS covering this

and i am no longer being looked at as a suspect what-so-ever, the car was wrecked 40 minutes away, they called my house 15 minutes after the crash happened, the fact that i answered the phone obviously rules out the fact that it wasnt me, and i had no ****ing clue about any of this.. im not sure i know anybody willing to steal my car for me and crash it into a wall at 80ish...

entire situation sucks a nut or two.. but im glad things are working out
Old 07-02-2012, 10:56 AM
reuben350z

yea at least things are workin out
That's crazy though
Old 07-02-2012, 11:07 AM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

startover...highspeed chase, and no arrest?
Old 07-02-2012, 11:52 AM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

you got all your facts wrong dude, i got home with the car at 6ish, assuming to go to the movies around 9, fell asleep instead, woke up to the phone ringing at 2:30am and cops at my door, asked me if i knew where my car was, i looked in the driveway and said "apparently not here" and figured thats why they were there

Insurance IS covering this

and i am no longer being looked at as a suspect what-so-ever, the car was wrecked 40 minutes away, they called my house 15 minutes after the crash happened, the fact that i answered the phone obviously rules out the fact that it wasnt me, and i had no ****ing clue about any of this.. im not sure i know anybody willing to steal my car for me and crash it into a wall at 80ish...

entire situation sucks a nut or two.. but im glad things are working out
Hey Guy. . . I believe you, but I'm trying to get your facts clear. When the cops called you at 7, what did they say? They just asked if you were home, you said yes, and you went back to sleep? See bold above - careful with your English.

BTW, that looked like a pretty good donut in the street. Just sayin'.

Last edited by scotts300; 07-02-2012 at 11:57 AM.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:05 PM
Duckeee

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

now i know what my car is capable of. charger? NO PROBLEM

sorry for your loss.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:56 PM
TPete19

you have got to be the most dumb person in the world to think that because you leave your keys in the ignition it's your fault it gets stolen or makes it anymore OK for somebody to take it.
Nobody is saying that it makes it OK to steal your car. What they are saying is that you completely negated any anti-theft features your car is equipped with. Why does every car come with an alarm? Because, given the opportunity, people steal them.

I grew up in the Sacramento area and there isn't a door or window that I don't lock when I'm not present. I won't even leave the car unlocked if I have to run back in the house for a second, let alone leave keys in it.

i havnt heard anything from the police about collecting valuables from the car or anything
They'll let you get your stuff once they are done with it. I had a car stolen once and it took almost a week before I could get into it at the lot.

Also i AM hoping this is totaled out because the payment has been a hassle for me since i rolled over a loan to get the car, i would like to just not deal with it anymore.
It'll be totalled for sure. Even if it weren't, you can't buy a car back after a theft. Otherwise, I'd just keep having my friends steal my car, strip it, then put it back together again...

Please tell me you have gap insurance... Otehrwise you're going to continue with payments, only this time without a car to show for it...

Originally Posted by JERZ350

Definitely be careful in what you say to insurance. They'll make it seem like they're completely on your side, but insurance companies exist to make money...

Last edited by TPete19; 07-02-2012 at 02:09 PM.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:09 PM
Junkster

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

what were you thinking leaving the keys in the car? i mean i do that but only because i park in the garage but i very rarely do that...like when im working on the car or something...
Old 07-02-2012, 02:31 PM
FlipCpt45

Scary! I worry when I leave my Nismo on in my garage when I run back in to grab something. I usually ask someone from inside to watch it. lol
Old 07-02-2012, 07:07 PM
Suntzuprodigy

Originally Posted by FlipCpt45
Scary! I worry when I leave my Nismo on in my garage when I run back in to grab something. I usually ask someone from inside to watch it. lol
You would have to live here to understand.. car theft like doesnt even exist here.. you would have to grow up in a small new hampshire city to understand the security you can feel here.. people leave doors unlocked here and all kinds of things.. you would also have to understand my driveway is like in my house like every window sees that ****..

Quick Reply: 350z HR just got stolen, chased at 155 and crashed