2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

350z HR just got stolen, chased at 155 and crashed

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 02:37 AM
deezz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Flick Montana
Think about it for 30 seconds.

That kind of neighborhood is EXACTLY what a thief wants to find. Leaving your car unlocked is kind of stupid. Leaving the keys in there is asking to have your stuff jacked.

My car sits in a garage with a coded main door and a side door with 3 locks on it. I have a state trooper 4 houses to my left and a sheriff a block to my right. And I still lock my car and keep my keys next to my bed.

Sucks that your Z got trashed, but I'm having a hard time feeling bad for you.
Old 07-04-2012, 05:55 AM
WeightLimit

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FlipCpt45
If I ever run out of money to pay for my car.. It will be repossessed with me in it.

Actually, I'll bring it over to a girl's house.. Go to a movie, and have my friend with the spare key and let him hide it.. Then report it stolen! Then I'll have to commit VIN fraud. Maybe try to get that Nismo 0000 number. lol
Yeah I could never do it, it would just be easier for me to let them have it. It would just snowball on me. I'd be so paranoid I would have to murder my friend that helped to keep him quiet, and anybody else he told. Then Id have to worry about hiding the car and the bodies..way too much work.

On second thought, they might make a movie about it. Or at the very least a Lifetime movie, Id be famous.
Old 07-04-2012, 06:30 AM
Hi-TechG35
Banned

Damn bro that sucks. Hopefully your fully covered and after they print your car they catch the lowlife. I understand small town nothing to worry about hence I live close to one of the country's lowest crime rate towns in Massachusetts, Newton...but you still have to take precautions and think of the what ifs and possibilities. I don't even like leaving my keys with Tue valet attendant and also that is one of the reasons I never get my car serviced anywhere that I know they can cut copy or decode a key. But as said before its someone who knows you.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:48 PM
norapat01

The damage didn't looks too bad to be fixed. Next time don't leave keys inside your car.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:21 AM
Suntzuprodigy

Originally Posted by norapat01
The damage didn't looks too bad to be fixed. Next time don't leave keys inside your car.
idk, looks to be down to the unibody in the back, the bumper support was all messed up.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:04 AM
07_350z_JP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so are you parting out the interior? need a few things
Old 07-09-2012, 01:51 PM
Suntzuprodigy

Originally Posted by 07_350z_JP
so are you parting out the interior? need a few things
well if the insurance company buys it off, i may check into buying it back because i know the vq alone is worth a lot and might actually make money off it... im not sure though.. if its too much money to buy back then i wont even consider it and i dont get any choice of taking things or leaving em, even my rims gotta stay on
Old 07-10-2012, 02:28 PM
Suntzuprodigy

Originally Posted by Suntzuprodigy
well if the insurance company buys it off, i may check into buying it back because i know the vq alone is worth a lot and might actually make money off it... im not sure though.. if its too much money to buy back then i wont even consider it and i dont get any choice of taking things or leaving em, even my rims gotta stay on
just got word from them today, they are covering it, and said its for sure, totaled. so all is left is to see what actually happens with my loan.. how much or if it all gets payed off then... buy another z? and buy viper alarm system with a side of common sense
Old 07-10-2012, 06:59 PM
Houston Z33

Can a brother get a new story link to this?!

Also yes, places like this exist - It's call SMALL TOWN AMERICA, I lived briefly in a couple places like this. Folks just leave **** open.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:09 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The cop was pretty pissed, he said he was at 140mph during the chase and could not catch him, said he was still pulling away... he said that he is 95% sure that it would have outran a state police Charger as well.. he said the guy would have made it away most likely if he didnt crash
Noted.
Old 07-11-2012, 05:32 AM
JDSMotoring
Vendor - Former Vendor

damn what a crazy turn of events
Old 07-11-2012, 08:53 AM
mr. sparco

Received 454 Likes on 318 Posts

and i am no longer being looked at as a suspect what-so-ever, the car was wrecked 40 minutes away, they called my house 15 minutes after the crash happened, the fact that i answered the phone obviously rules out the fact that it wasnt me, and i had no ****ing clue about any of this.. im not sure i know anybody willing to steal my car for me and crash it into a wall at 80ish...
It sucks that your car got stolen, I had a car stolen back in college (didn't leave keys in car though). I got it back in pieces as well. Unfortunately they didn't catch the guys so I can relate to your situation. Do be aware of what you say as this is the cause of some of your frustrations towards other members.

It doesn't matter what you believe whether true or not, it's how you appear to everyone else (officers, insurance, forum members etc). Officers won't look at you as a suspect at least to your knowledge. They misdirect the suspect, build a case, arrest then prosecute, sometimes months down the line. It's some basic concepts of war, maybe Sun Tzu should read his own book again?

Last edited by mr. sparco; 07-11-2012 at 08:56 AM.
Old 07-11-2012, 11:04 PM
florotory

I don't care what anybody says. You should be able to leave your keys sitting on your hood if you want to and not worry about it getting stolen. The person that did this should spend life in prison. I don't think he was enabling them to steal his car by leaving his keys in. I think we as society enable criminals by allowing them 2 and 3 chances. Now I deff don't leave my keys in the car for the simple fact that I work to hard to get nice things just to have some punk steal my property. But it's a shame we even have to lock our stuff up.
Old 07-11-2012, 11:14 PM
S13 S1lvia

That's a pretty fair statement. Too bad it'll never be reality.....
Old 07-12-2012, 03:34 AM
cgkp0925

Originally Posted by florotory
I don't care what anybody says. You should be able to leave your keys sitting on your hood if you want to and not worry about it getting stolen. The person that did this should spend life in prison. I don't think he was enabling them to steal his car by leaving his keys in. I think we as society enable criminals by allowing them 2 and 3 chances. Now I deff don't leave my keys in the car for the simple fact that I work to hard to get nice things just to have some punk steal my property. But it's a shame we even have to lock our stuff up.
It is a shame, but this isn't a new trend setter. The general locking mechanism has been around for hundreds of years. Seems like the nature of human beings haven't changed much for quite some time. Who knew.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:53 AM
juvi22003

Damn i guess u can look forward to some insurance $$$ is the only positive here