Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Lil Bow Wow drives a 350

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2004, 12:19 PM
ZZtopp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by cedusett
Jealousy is right. I don't listen to bow wow or any rap really except the occasional 2pac and J5. BUT, he has been making records for the past 5 years, and started when he was like 10 years old. If a guy can make mad bank when he's a 10 year old rapper (come on now people), I can't imagine him ever being low on cash.
You can't? MC Hammer had something like $150 million. He filed for bankruptcy and he's so down he had to be a judge on "Dance Fever." I was a cameraman on that show, and I saw him threaten to walk off if he didn't get his $15,000 (in cash) before we started taping.

Mike Tyson has earned about $200 million since he was released from prison in '94. He's not only broke, he owes Showtime over $20 million in unfulfilled contracts.

When Elvis died, the entire estate was worth less than $5 million....and how much did he earn during his career?

I put Little Bow Wow way down on the scale compared to these guys on both the talent and intelligence level. I can easily see him being broke one day.

It's got nothing to do with jealousy.....history always repeats itself.

Last edited by ZZtopp; 01-14-2004 at 12:22 PM.
Old 01-14-2004, 12:46 PM
del105
15 f125

Does it even really matter what an ignorant 16 year old thinks?
Old 01-14-2004, 12:50 PM
RedShft

Originally posted by Reb1281
Just wait until the file-sharing services start to seriously disrupt their cash flow. They'll appreciate the their Z's then.
the sad thing is only about 20% of a rappers income comes from album sells. most of it is royalties/appearances/performances/etc. dance clubs will pay as much as $30K to have a high profile name come to their club for one night. so they are basically getting paid to party.
Old 01-14-2004, 01:15 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Like Dire Straits said:

"Money for nothing and chicks for free"
Old 01-14-2004, 01:17 PM
BillyJoe88

If a guy can make mad bank when he's a 10 year old rapper (come on now people), I can't imagine him ever being low on cash.
Kris-Kross will make ya...lol
Old 01-14-2004, 01:24 PM
ZZtopp

Originally posted by del105
Does it even really matter what an ignorant 16 year old thinks?
Only to the extent that he's in the public eye and what he says, how he acts, and what his values are may influence some other young people that may not have a backup system to refute such tripe. To me, what he thinks means less than nothing.

Last edited by ZZtopp; 01-14-2004 at 02:45 PM.
Old 01-14-2004, 04:43 PM
MyZ4U2C

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I dont see what the big deal is...toys are fun, he called his 350 his toy. When you have lots of money, thats what its for. You save the other rides for pimping, but when you're a millionaire, you take the Z out and dog the everliving crap out of it and not even think about it. Its a toy for some.
Old 01-14-2004, 08:24 PM
Z-Noob

who cares! his name is bow wow! perhaps it's his chew toy!
Old 01-14-2004, 08:40 PM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by MyZ4U2C
I dont see what the big deal is...toys are fun, he called his 350 his toy. When you have lots of money, thats what its for. You save the other rides for pimping, but when you're a millionaire, you take the Z out and dog the everliving crap out of it and not even think about it. Its a toy for some.
I agree.

The thing that bugs me though is his folks or somebody bought him the Z because it was like the "new hotness" or "flava of the week" car. It just looks pretty so they bought it for him

I can bet he doesn't know squat about the Z's history or how many HP's it cranks out etc...

I know if I won a hundred million lottery jackpot before I got my Z i'd still buy one. It'd be my toy but at least I would still appreciate it for what it is and be enthusiastic about it.
Old 01-15-2004, 07:51 AM
cedusett

Its not so much that he's a rapper, but he's been doing it for 5 years already. And his popularity isn't decreasing. And he's got SNOOP DOG as his mentor. I'm just saying, he obviously is doing something that works, unlike kris kross, and mc hammer.
Old 01-15-2004, 08:22 AM
516_wrx

i don't think bow wow is going anywhere and is here to stay.

I do understand why people would be displeased that he referred to the Z as his dogs toy this is after all a Z forum.

People who drive McLarens and Murcielagos might refer to a ZO6 as a "toy" as well, it all comed down to disposable income and i do belive that bow wow has alot of it. Todays multi-million dollar rappers are not as naive as they used to be most of them have CPAs, investors and such working for them
Old 01-15-2004, 11:08 AM
Jason

I gotta say, this is kinda what you get for reading a magazine like "Dub". It's all about the lifestyle of rappers and basketball stars and their silly cars with chrome wheels too big.

Franky, I just don't care about his cars or what he thinks about them. I have my own life to worry about.
Old 01-15-2004, 11:17 AM
RedShft

i still dont think a lot of yall understand what im saying. there is nothing wrong with having a sports car as a toy. if you have the money to buy a car just to drive on the weeken and beat the **** out of and enjoy it, so be it. but what i got from the article is Bow Wow didnt even care about the Z as a sports car, he never even talked about driving it really....so he just lets his dog go play with his chew toy in it. THATS what im trying to say is what pisses me off.
Old 01-15-2004, 07:22 PM
jimbrowski

Give me a Break...
Seems as if a lot of people get bent out of shape with people and there money.. I mean, if he wants to buy flashy cars and
things such as that, go right ahead.. There is no need to stay on that man's case, it's his money and he earned it.
Besides, no one in this fourm really knows his financial situation
now, do we ?
Old 01-16-2004, 05:11 AM
jj1814

Originally posted by 35oZephyR
I agree.

The thing that bugs me though is his folks or somebody bought him the Z because it was like the "new hotness" or "flava of the week" car. It just looks pretty so they bought it for him

I can bet he doesn't know squat about the Z's history or how many HP's it cranks out etc...

I know if I won a hundred million lottery jackpot before I got my Z i'd still buy one. It'd be my toy but at least I would still appreciate it for what it is and be enthusiastic about it.

A lot of people dont know the history and legacy behind cars before and/or after they buy them. A lot of them don't CARE. Does that make them less deserving to own one?
Old 01-16-2004, 05:28 AM
jj1814

Originally posted by RIVET
...What really pisses me off is that MTV only shows this part of black lifestyle, which is a disservice to millions of middle class blacks and clouds the perspective of everyone else....
mmm...nooooo MTV has shown quite a few "normal" houses on there too. For example...

Nivea who was still living with her momma in their same house

the group formally known as B2K - who all shared houses in a middle to upper class neighborhood

Trina's house wasnt extravagant. In fact, it was only 1 story.

Neither was Trick Daddy's house.

I dont watch Cribs on a regular basis, but these are some of the houses I've seen that werent all huge and glamourous.

But let's face it, when most black people earn a lot of $$, they are going to spend a lot of $$ and buy very nice and expensive things. When you're T.O. making millions, you're not going to live in a "regular" neighborhood. That goes for most anyone. Look at how all those Enron execs were living. Hell, I see it with the people in my own company. It all comes down to "I do it because I can"
Old 01-16-2004, 12:29 PM
boma

lol who cares what bow wow thinks of the car. bow wow also has an ethusiast mentality too, shoes. Nike's and stuff. They don't cost that much (to him) but its worth rapping about.
Old 01-16-2004, 03:28 PM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by jj1814
A lot of people dont know the history and legacy behind cars before and/or after they buy them. A lot of them don't CARE. Does that make them less deserving to own one?

YES!

kiddin...

Honestly, the legacy and history of a car is pretty trivial. Plenty of people know nothing about the Z but they still bought one because they love the car for what it is now and what it does for them. I'm sure the 350z grasped a new legion of admires who never cared about the Z legacy before. Theres nothing wrong with these people because they appreciate what they have and seeked to acquire it...much love to them.

The point I was getting at was, when you have all these hundred thousand dollar cars, a corporate bank roll, and a 30k Nissan sitting in your garage theres got to be something about that 30k car that would entice you to keep it among the others. I know if I was as rich as bow wow I'd still buy a Z because I'm a big fan of the legacy and admire the design.

It's obvious that this is a different story for Bow Wow. I'm not saying he's less deserving of one, but how he was handed one and doesn't really care for it "irks" me. Can a humble Z enthusiast at least rant a little about that?
Old 01-16-2004, 06:06 PM
CaneZMD

WOW, So much to comment on.

I think we have like 8 discussion points or so.

First, It's his money, He can do what he wants with it. BUT, we can still criticize him for it.

I think most people here are more upset about the Instant gratification that is glorified in modern hip/hop. And it is reflected in alot of black communities. I mean, how many 60k escalades are parked in front of projects or 60k houses in Miami? Alot. For instance, look at Trick daddy, 250k house with 300k of depreciating cars out front.

And unfortunately, Most of the media, like MTV, promotes this lifestyle as being "cool" and doesnt' show any upstanding, prominent, wise investing black americans. This leads to the idea that:
"when most black people earn a lot of $$, they are going to spend a lot of $$ and buy very nice and expensive things. "
While this is sometimes true, there are alot of blacks who invest, save money, live BELOW there means and aren't all about the Bling, Bling. I work with alot of them, and to them this portrayal of black america is an affront.
Old 01-16-2004, 09:51 PM
CelticPride2

Originally posted by RIVET
Don't sugar coat it, tell us how you really feel. hehe. I agree, even at my must knuckleheadest age, 18-19 I had more sense than most of these rap stars who are grown men. What really pisses me off is that MTV only shows this part of black lifestyle, which is a disservice to millions of middle class blacks and clouds the perspective of everyone else. Speaking of MTV ( off on a tangent) I get soooo tired of their socio/polical rants in between rap video's of women degrading themselves and drug and alchohol abuse, great example they are.
Hold up...MTV actually still plays videos?! You'd never know it from looking at most of the garbage they air now...they may as well change the name of the network to "The Dumb@ss Reality Show Channel."

Quick Reply: Lil Bow Wow drives a 350