Old 07-24-2013, 10:16 AM
scrapser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This thread reminds me of the Geico commercial, "Was Honest Abe honest?"
Old 07-24-2013, 06:25 PM
NOLAGG

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mr. sparco
My wife and I are now expecting our 2nd child. I looked at her after we found out and she said, "I would never ask you to sell your Z." Then I looked at her again and she said, "Yes you can keep your Evo too."

Wooohoo!
Almoat brought a tear to my eye ,That is such a beautiful thing period .
Old 07-24-2013, 06:41 PM
Phenom
Toasty

Received 1,382 Likes on 990 Posts

Can someone (preferably a woman) explain to me why women consistently feel like they can tell someone else that they have to sell something that they bought with their own money? Where does that inflated sense of authority and entitlement come from? Is it your upbringing? Part of the female chromosome?*
Old 07-25-2013, 05:06 AM
Byte Work

My girlfriend's thrilled that I got the Z. She owns a 2010 Camaro and we zip through traffic together and work on our cars together. Great times. I caught a good one.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:30 AM
BornSlippyZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Phenom
Can someone (preferably a woman) explain to me why women consistently feel like they can tell someone else that they have to sell something that they bought with their own money? Where does that inflated sense of authority and entitlement come from? Is it your upbringing? Part of the female chromosome?*
I would like to know that too?

IMO (not a gal) but I just think it comes from a sense of, us guys spend a lot of time, effort, and money with our hobbies. Some women can handle it, others can't, so they feel they should 'compete' against it by telling us what to maybe do/change with our hobbies...hopefully that makes sense.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:05 AM
stuartc323

Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ

IMO (not a gal) but I just think it comes from a sense of, us guys spend a lot of time, effort, and money with our hobbies. Some women can handle it, others can't, so they feel they should 'compete' against it by telling us what to maybe do/change with our hobbies...hopefully that makes sense.

+ ! ^

Woman want three things from you, your time, your money and your dick. Some woman can control urges like this post above says and some cant and need you all the time.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:56 AM
Phenom
Toasty

Received 1,382 Likes on 990 Posts

Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ

Makes sense. It just amazes me how women feel entitled to a man's bankroll (that's already bad enough) and then on top of that feel like that same man needs their permission to keep things he not only owns but paid for.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:37 AM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Women's rights and equality movements.

That sh*t led to the problems we experience today.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:11 AM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by garnerequestria
Well...im a she and ive collected Z's since i was 18 years old starting with a 240, a rare 2+2 260, three 280's, 300(z31) and (Z32) and now my 350z. I wax my car twice a week. I have $1800 rims on it. My Z gets more time with my cell camera than anything else. My man bought me my 350 last year knowing my love for z's. THANK GOODNESS he doesnt get jealous of it because it will be my Z everytime lol
Make my dreams come true, please tell me you have big ***** too!
Old 07-26-2013, 11:29 AM
Azzerare

Originally Posted by 1973camarolt
Azzerare you're lucky! I'm slowly convincing my girl to mod her car, little by little.
lol good luck! its rewarding as hell working on cars together. not to mention the celebration when the '91 z32 starts - the kind of celebration you (probably) wouldn't have with your buddy lol

Originally Posted by mr. sparco
My wife and I are now expecting our 2nd child. I looked at her after we found out and she said, "I would never ask you to sell your Z." Then I looked at her again and she said, "Yes you can keep your Evo too."

Wooohoo!

haha this is awesome
Old 08-04-2013, 10:11 AM
stormtroopin

My wife loves our Z as much as I do. She will probably have more time in it than me..
Old 08-05-2013, 06:02 PM
craig12895

Received 160 Likes on 129 Posts

Im not married as I am 18 but I am in a relationship with a 21 year old woman and I can say that my girlfriend loves that I am addicted to cars and more specifically my Z. She loves talking to me about my car and what mods I plan to do next and then follows it up by asking if she can watch me put the mods on. She doesnt help with the modding but she is somewhat into cars and enjoys seeing different parts being put on and such.
Old 08-10-2013, 01:00 PM
Lawlessh

As a female I can tell you men are just as guilty of this (some men) and it has to do totally with upbringing/previous relationships. As a well off woman, I tend to spoil my significant other . . . as I'm sure men do when they first start dating (or at least most). Then they just sort of start to expect it. Especially a woman that's had a man take care of her all her life (her father, her exs).

My bf has a Fahrenheit GLI that he's constantly spending money and time on . . . and I have my 350 HR who gets the same treatment It's nice because he brings a lot of the engine know how and well . . . I bring the little hands and flexible body parts??? I cannot tell you how many times he's come into the house defeated and I tell him to take me out there and let me do it. Women are just made to work on cars.

That doesn't mean he gets away with all his purchasing though . . . When a brand new fuel pump or BBK arrives at the house I had no idea about he still gets a little **** . . . Mostly because I've been saving for new wheels!
Old 08-10-2013, 02:13 PM
1sickveilsidez

I got my Z in Feb 14, 2003 Valentines day. Below are a few of my experiences.

First girl in a relationship with the Z, "For every dollar you spend on parts for your car you have to spend the same on us for trips, dinner, shopping, house etc." After 2 years being together it all went downhill from there.

Second girl in a relationship with the Z, "So what are we doing for our first Valentines day together it has to be special!?" I responded with, "Nothing, I'm trying to finish the car up before Hot Import Nights LA, every penny is going towards the car, but if you get something here's a list of parts I still need." Best Valentines day/ Anniversary with the Z ever!!

Third girl in a relationship with the Z, "I love your Z! Even though the Z reminds me of the little Civics and the G35 reminds me of the Integra since they're so affordable now they're everywhere." Had to get rid of her and the Z at that point.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:25 AM
stuartc323

This man knows how to win. ^
Old 08-12-2013, 02:35 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,284 Likes on 1,646 Posts

Wife and kid are doing well, have another kid on the way. The Z is still here to stay, the Juke we traded her Z on is probably going to go soon. We will be down to one Nissan shortly.

Last edited by terrasmak; 08-12-2013 at 06:01 PM.
Old 08-12-2013, 03:46 PM
stuartc323

Congrats bro ^^^
Old 11-07-2013, 12:19 PM
allshownogo

Met my wife at church. When she first started coming, she saw my car (she didnt know who I was), which happened to be her dream car. We met a few weeks later. Asked her out on a date (she still didn't know what I drove) and when I picked her up, she was like "You drive a Z????"

Now we're married. She calls my car her car and always tells me "Be careful with my car!"