Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2004, 04:24 PM
jreiter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by mc350z
now there is a little front chin finisher from japan they sell
i got it on mine is it plactic with a carbon fiber pattern it
i love it it makes the car look unique

I must say that the black finisher piece makes a big difference in that pic you posted. I love the look of the 350Z in general, but I've never liked view of the front end. It has that goofy, smiling look. (But nothing like Miata front ends, which I just want to slap every time I see them.) That finisher, in my opinion, makes a very nice difference by negating some of that goofy smiley happiness.
Old 01-19-2004, 04:44 PM
LFR1Legend

did you decklid raise a little diffrent after you installed the spoiler and the shocks sent with it???
Old 01-19-2004, 08:22 PM
cupcar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The rear spoiler kit is supplied with new, different struts to raise the decklid. They are easy to install and the lid moves as it did without the spoiler and with the original struts.
Old 01-20-2004, 10:59 AM
Tweety-nator

Originally posted by cupcar
The rear spoiler kit is supplied with new, different struts to raise the decklid. They are easy to install and the lid moves as it did without the spoiler and with the original struts.

Interesting... I did not know that the Nissan spoiler kit had struts included with them.

I was going to buy a cheap Nissan Replica spoiler for $75 at E-bay, but I read somewhere about people complaining on aftermarket spoilers in that the hatch does not stay open anymore when they press the hatch release button. They have to catch the hatch when pressing the button, otherwise it will close. Probably because of the weight of the spoiler?

Maybe I should just pony up the $371 for the Nissan OEM spoiler ...

But man ... $75 versus $371 ....

Last edited by Tweety-nator; 01-20-2004 at 11:12 AM.
Old 01-20-2004, 02:07 PM
cupcar

You get what you pay for, the kit is comprehensive, it's painted and ready to go with all hardware including struts, and excellent instructions and it *fits*.

Just painting an aftermarket unit correctly has got to be expensive and ties up the car for a day or so.
Old 01-20-2004, 02:21 PM
Tweety-nator

Originally posted by cupcar
You get what you pay for, the kit is comprehensive, it's painted and ready to go with all hardware including struts, and excellent instructions and it *fits*.

Just painting an aftermarket unit correctly has got to be expensive and ties up the car for a day or so.
Thanks cupcar, you are right. Guess I'll just go the OEM route.
Old 08-25-2004, 02:37 PM
ZinMiami

Default Auto Openning hatch???

Am I correct in my understanding that the rear hatch should fly up without assisstance when you press the release button? I have the aero option. It was already on the car when I bought it. My hatch requires me to manually open it up. It does not raise automatically when released.

Does this mean the dealer installed the aero kit but did not replace the struts with the aero kit specific units?
Old 08-25-2004, 04:17 PM
jreiter

Default Re: Auto Openning hatch???

Originally posted by ZinMiami
Am I correct in my understanding that the rear hatch should fly up without assisstance when you press the release button? I have the aero option. It was already on the car when I bought it. My hatch requires me to manually open it up. It does not raise automatically when released.

Mine does not lift all the way up. I've never seen one that does. When you hit the button the lid just releases from the latch and pops up a little. You have to lift it the rest of the way manually.
Old 08-25-2004, 05:08 PM
roydiculous

Okay I have the 350Z Performance and I do NOT have any aero package - no diffusers, no rear spoiler, nothing on my window sticker.

But sure enough I have the front chin spoiler... noticed it the first day I got my car and checked out the window sticker- NADA. How is that possible? Does it come standard on the performance??
Old 08-25-2004, 06:32 PM
Watkins

Originally posted by roydiculous
Okay I have the 350Z Performance and I do NOT have any aero package - no diffusers, no rear spoiler, nothing on my window sticker.

But sure enough I have the front chin spoiler... noticed it the first day I got my car and checked out the window sticker- NADA. How is that possible? Does it come standard on the performance??
I have an Enthusiast with the chin spolier, and nothing else. I have no idea how that worked out either.
Old 08-26-2004, 12:50 AM
Donny_b

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

MC350Z, Can you tell me where you bought you Carbon look Finisher. I have been looking for one. Thanks....db
Old 08-26-2004, 01:49 AM
jreiter

Originally posted by Donny_b
MC350Z, Can you tell me where you bought you Carbon look Finisher. I have been looking for one. Thanks....db

I also have one. Got it from Courtesy Parts online. (It's a JDM factory option. Why do they always get the cool stuff?)
Old 08-26-2004, 06:24 AM
Jetpilot718

Originally posted by jreiter
It has that goofy, smiling look. (But nothing like Miata front ends, which I just want to slap every time I see them.) That finisher, in my opinion, makes a very nice difference by negating some of that goofy smiley happiness.
There are, of course, other ways to negate the goofy smile...
Attached Thumbnails Front and Rear Spoiler and diffuser installation-overlay.jpg