2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Vendor Feedback - http://www.conceptzperformance.com/

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 10:55 AM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by bmccann101
sweet jesus.

OP, you ARE NOT HELPING ANYONE by banging on one of the last remaining legit shops because of YOUR ONE TIME issue.
YOU ARE GVING BAD ADVICE.

Coz you are a patient man to remain in this industry.

internet anonimity, bashing over a 100 dollar part..so i bet this guy would expect you to take a return if he had bought the part and installed it and pulled it right off etc..

These threads IRK me to no end.

i honestly cant STAND car people some times.. cheers to you Coz for putting up w it and passing thru discounts. Im sure CZP makes about 4 dollars for each 106 dollar shipped JWT intake.

fkn total walmart/ebay generation. grr.
It's the sense of entitlement that seems to be overly prevalent in today's society.

The damage wasn't that bad; I agree the response was a little less than professional, but OP went way overboard. When it's installed you won't even be able to see any damage.

It's like buying a pair of shoes and complaining the soles were a little scuffed.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:19 AM
ttknf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the point is that CZP handled the customer's complaints poorly and that was the OP's biggest issue. If it were explained to him a bit better or handled a bit more professionally, I'm sure we wouldn't be here now. The follow-up response on this thread was a bit disappointing as well.

Yes, it's a cheap part, and yes the damage probably won't be visible when it's installed, but good customer service entails addressing the customer concerns and talking it through with them to an amicable (and professional) resolution, not just brushing them off. (I talk from experience having worked in "the industry" and in other industries dealing with customers directly on a daily basis.)
Old 03-08-2013, 11:54 AM
pss350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Concept Z Is pretty much the only place I order from. I'm guessing they responded the way they did because OP probably flew off the handle when addressing the issue. when i looked at the pics i was expecting to see the Ace Ventura openning scene parcel.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:51 PM
JPT0117

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

all I can say is that it was poor customer service and the original poster seems to have gotten a little bit too agitated. but I did just order my pop charger and because of this post I did not order it from them. now whether they make 4 dollars or 40 dollars they lost a customer because of that poor customer service story
Old 03-08-2013, 08:56 PM
350Zdj

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not trying to blow sunshine up Coz's a$$ but when it comes to customer service, they're one of the top on my list . Quick response and very easy to deal with. They've messed up only once and even that was swiftly resolved. Not perfect but I would expect that in every vendor.

I have been suggesting my buddies to use Coz and one of them is about to place an order for 5k+ USD worth of parts from them pretty soon.

Last edited by 350Zdj; 03-09-2013 at 10:31 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 03-08-2013, 09:15 PM
GunslingerG34

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Almost everything I've bought for my ZR has come from CZP, and I have never had any issues of any kind and have always received outstanding service! And they'll be getting my next order (for a Nismo exhaust system) in the next few weeks!!!
Old 03-09-2013, 08:56 AM
BoomerZ33

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

surprised to hear this. i ordered two things from them in the past and had no problems. lazy response from them is ridiculous tho.
Old 03-09-2013, 03:35 PM
MonkeyMagic72

I think this is a great thread for all of us to take the opportunity to discuss this type of subject, our rights of enjoyment as a car enthusiasts. The subject is more bigger than this small blemishes on a new heat shield for JWT pop charger, $100 part, and CZP makes $4 profit for this part. It is the decision we make which will effect the rights of all of us enjoyment for car hobby. There are several issues were handling wrong from both the buyer and CZP in this thread.
1. Q: Is it worth to bring up the thread like this against CZP for small scratches for a new product this customer bought?
A: Yes, he has every rights as a consumer to speak his opinion from one bad experience with CZP to inform every other consumer to protect themselves. We all need to protect our rights, so these companies do not walk over all of us.
2. Q: Does CZP have their rights to protect themselves as business owner, to keep the business running so they can both provide service for all of us to enjoy our car hobby, and making money at the same time?
A: Yes, they do have their rights to protect their business as well, because some companies start out as enthusiasts have passion for car just like every one of us. The only different, they have more knowledge and expertise in the car hobby than we do, and they utilize those knowledge to make business out of it.
3. Q: What went wrong between the buyer and CZP when handling this issue?
A: Personally, I think. It is the bad communication that led to this whole issue. The buyer just need to talk to whoever in charge of CZP, which have the authority to give the refund or exchange of new part. If you talk to sale Rep and demand for resolution when they don't have the authority. It is just a waist of time. You need to talk to the right person. For CZP, they need to explain a little better than just said, all new parts come scratches like this from the manufacture. That is just wrong. Yes, it is true, but that issue is between the distributor and the manufacture, not the consumer. CZP should have contact the manufacture to produce non scratches new parts, otherwise you won't distribute these parts for them, if they refuse don't do business with them.
4. Q: Will you still do business with CZP for this poorly and unprofessional handling the issue, which could ruin their reputation and business that they have built and invested for years?
A: In my opinion, yes I still will do business with CZP, because one individual or case does not completely defined the entire company motto and values. So, we need to think rationally, rather than jump on the bandwagon like every body else.
5. Q: Who is the winner in this kind battle?
A: No one is the winner here. We will all be the looser if we are not willing to compromise for the same interest, as car enthusiasts to have fun with cars as hobby. Eventually, all of these great shops will run out of business, which leads to effect we won't be able to enjoy cars like we use to be. One great example is people are being cheap and buy counterfeit products to save a few bucks, soon all the great companies like HKS, Amuse, Voltex invest tons of money for race and development to produce functional product become losing profit, and will run out of business too. We will soon all have left are junk products.
6. Q: Why do I spend this much time to write this thread?
A: I do it, is because I want to protect my rights in interest of car as an enthusiast too. I just want to remind all of us, sometime, we need think rationally when we decide to act upon something. Because this is the real world here, not the boyscout we use to do when we were kids. Every path we take, has direction, and every act we make, has the cause and effect. It is just matter of how small or big the effect are. In this case, is the car hobby we are all enjoy most. So, next time think twice before you post, and think twice before you jump on the bandwagon.
7. Best of lucks for all of us car enthusiasts.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:25 PM
bmyles

^^^ TL;DR

I'd hope to see CZP rectify this a little better. Just ordered 4.08 gears from them, shipped quickly and everything is in order, so they still have my future business.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:30 PM
JaE35z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bmccann101
sweet jesus.

OP, you ARE NOT HELPING ANYONE by banging on one of the last remaining legit shops because of YOUR ONE TIME issue.
YOU ARE GVING BAD ADVICE.

Coz you are a patient man to remain in this industry.

internet anonimity, bashing over a 100 dollar part..so i bet this guy would expect you to take a return if he had bought the part and installed it and pulled it right off etc..

These threads IRK me to no end.

i honestly cant STAND car people some times.. cheers to you Coz for putting up w it and passing thru discounts. Im sure CZP makes about 4 dollars for each 106 dollar shipped JWT intake.

fkn total walmart/ebay generation. grr.
LOL exactly what i was saying
Old 03-09-2013, 05:02 PM
SparkleCityHop
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In a nutshell, it sounds like this thread is about:

Manufacturer for a relatively popular and inexpensive part produces and sends out products with occassional minor quality issues that don't affect performance of said part.

Vendors/distributors sell this product because it is a popular item for their customers.

Customers buy inexpensive product and most won't experience or notice the quality issues.

Some discerning customers may find that the product doesn't live up to their expectations of high quality. (Champagne taste on a beer budget)

Some customers will communicate this in a professional/reasonable manner and some will react with an attitude. (Can have significant impact on the choice below)

When these customers contact vendor, there are a few options for the vendor:
1) Explain that this is normal/usual for this particular product and that it doesn't affect the performance/use of the item. Extend your normal refund/restock policy as defined when they agreed to purchase the item. (Normal business practice in most businesses)
2) Do everything possible to make the person happy, regardless of how much money you will lose in the process. (Not a sustainable business model)
3) Mention your normal policy and what that allows you to do immediately, but let the customer know that their satisfaction is important to you. Ask the customer what they feel would be an appropriate remedy and see if there is room in the middle for a compromise. (Mediation)
4) Direct them to the manufacturer for return/replacement/complaints. (Fairly common practice for low profit margin items)
5) Ignore the person's emails, calls, etc. (Bad customer service)

Am I close on understanding what's going on in here?

Last edited by SparkleCityHop; 03-09-2013 at 05:05 PM.
Old 03-09-2013, 06:04 PM
MonkeyMagic72

Originally Posted by SparkleCityHop

Am I close on understanding what's going on in here?
You are right on the money, Sparkle.

But that is just a part of the vendors/distributors job or should I said responsibility.

The customer have to do it part to communicate fairly, so the vendors/distributors can come up a compromise resolution for both to meet and resolve the issue.

Just like the lyrics from a hit song of the Salt and Pepper goes like this,

"It takes two to make a thing goes right" LOL
Old 03-11-2013, 11:08 AM
Nismo350z#0310

Received 562 Likes on 441 Posts

I've order from Concept Z several times and they are one of the BEST vendors I've purchased from. Any time I'm going to purchase an item the first vendor I check is Concept Z. And I've purchased thousands in parts.

Customer service is spot on, many of the items already in stock, immediate shipping and constant updates with your order. Most notably my SPL suspension components were months out for any other vendor, I got them within 3 days from Concept Z.

OP, unless you have dealt with MANY vendors on parts purchases then you need to rethink your post.

Edit: To come on here and post a title of "Do NOT order from" when they are have been a reputable dealer in our community for a while, many people (I would say all) here have had a very good experience purchasing from, and you have one isolated incident on a very low costing item. God you are a ******* noob.

Basically I'm telling you to go kick rocks.

Last edited by Nismo350z#0310; 03-11-2013 at 12:09 PM.
Old 03-23-2013, 05:53 PM
angel700

Customer service, treat everybody as you want to be treated. To all those siding with the vendor, his response is really bad, customer service skill is also very bad. He should have addressed this with the customer not on some forum but privately, this denotes very little professionalism. he cannot sell merchandise as new at full price if its scratched worn or used, unless he has a disclaimer on his page. The piece was clearly mounted before you can see on the pictures the marks of bolts.
The reason bad customer service is winning is because you do not put yourselves on peoples shoes. To me it does not matter if it was a $3 or a $10,000, when the seller says its new and you pay it as new, it should be new. just my 2 cents
Old 03-24-2013, 11:12 PM
*Boose*

First off, why is the original response cut off? You can see the op cut off another portion of the response. Hm. Next, in the summer time, that pop charger will cause heat soak, you will hate it, then sell it. Why even bother with all of this because of scratches. When I ordered mine years ago from some random vendor here, it had the exact same scratches. Show car or not, polish it up, clean it really good, and you will not notice it. It's $100 part. They ship these in bulk so who cares about your show car that needs to be oh so shiny. If you really cared about show quality, you would be focused on brightening up the cleanest pop charger just to get more shine. Lets be honest, for a show car it's a bit on the dull side so your argument is ridiculous. Czp could handle it better, but when every once in a blue moon you get these customers who are just the most confrontational and just want an argument because they're dissatisfied with something. If you really wanted a bad *** looking intake for your show car why not purchase a carbon fiber one from gruppe m? That's show quality or the titanium one from arc? Oh wait, then you will complain about the price.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:23 AM
Ruthless18x

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Never had a problem with them. In most cases they drop ship from the big warehouses and never see the product anyway.

Question though, what kinda show car points is a pop charger going to give you? It's a ****ing blue air filter with a piece of sheet metal.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:15 PM
stuartc323

lmfao ^
tis be true

OP, is your car a show car, or some high school project your building for looks?
Im thinking the latter
Old 03-26-2013, 06:31 PM
WTFMike

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Is this the same concept Z performance from this thread: https://my350z.com/forum/the-lounge-...authentic.html
Old 03-26-2013, 07:08 PM
SparkleCityHop
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes
Old 04-01-2013, 05:01 AM
Nacho Z

Thanks for posting that thread. Definately some good information there.

Quick Reply: Vendor Feedback - http://www.conceptzperformance.com/