Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Been a member for a while. I figured I would post what I have done to it.

Old 03-26-2013, 11:30 PM
zleeperZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Been a member for a while. I figured I would post what I have done to it.

Ive never really posted anything on the forum before so I guess I might as well start. I purchased my 2006 revup in 2011. It had 68xxx on the odometer and the only mods were a set of five axis rims. This is a photo of the car from the day I purchased it.

Since then I have made a few changes to add power. I installed a turbonetics turbo kit two weeks after I got it. I havent gotten it dynoed since the install, so im not really sure about what kind of power im making. I am still running on the turboxs utec preloaded map. I know that I could make more power if I were to get tuned, but im still modifying and dont really want to go in for a full tune until im done.

After about two weels of being boosted I burned through my ac lines and I had a hot spot on my hood from where the turbo sits on the drivers side. I decided to invest in a few things to keep underhood temps down. I also installed a borla td system on the car for better sound.

here are a few photos as to what I did to bring down the underhood temps.

I used dei reflect-a-gold on all the cold side piping and titanium exhaust wrap on all the exhaust components.

I got the turbo kit back in the car and decided to wrap the top of the manifold with the same gold wrap for good measure.

I got a really good deal on the factory rays with advan neova a048 and I wanted to get rid of the god awful 20's that came on the car when I bought it. I had no idea that my car could handle the way it did with the 18's. It was a night and day difference. Each corner also lost about 25lbs of unsprung weight which gave the car a light weight nimble feeling to drive.

I have since moved on from the setup of just a power upgrade. I have completely revamped the suspension (kw version 3) hotchkis adjustible sway bars and all spl titanium arms/front upper control arms, I have also upgraded the cooling of the fluids of the car (koyo radiator and stillen oil cooler) to make sure the motor stays running strong, for brakes I have gone with a custom powder coated set of wilwood 6pot front and 4 pot rears with 14" disk all the way around and stainless brake lines, and last but not least I got a set of rims that barely fit the car 19x11 with a 305 tire and in the back and 19x10 with a 275 tire in the front Volk RE30 in bronze. I stole them off my bosses gtr I wanted to make sure every addition that I made to the car would have function as well as form. I have added a few functional things to the exterior, I put on a front lip that acts like more of a splitter with the amount of downforce im getting its starting to rip the front bumper off at high speed 120+mph. to the rear of the car i have a diffuser that goes over the exhaust and under the car. I have painted all the emblems black with plastidip and i pulled the headlights apart and painted them black. Im not really sure what else I want to do because I feel like I have covered all the corners fairly adequately. I would like to move on to a twin setup and build the extra motor I have sitting in my garage???? Im not sure anymore.

Oh I almost forgot. I just got a new exhaust put on last week. Greddy evo TT with titanium tips I hope that that will free up some power.

Like I said before, I havent been dynoed yet but my but dyno puts me somewhere between 360 and 380whp. I would like to get an extra 60-70 but I know that thats hard with the kit I have. What does everyone think about me adding a mrev2 lower plenum and spacer combo? would that free any power? I know it works wonders for the NA crowd. In theory if a NA motor makes a certain amount of power, that power gets multiplied with boost right

here is a crappy photo of how my car sits now. I will post better pics when I get a chance to get to my computer.

Thanks for looking

I would also like to add that Im almost at the 150,000 mile mark on the odometer and I have been boosted since before the 70,000 mile mark. I beat on it pretty regularly and its still going strong. Im glad that I decided to get the Z instead of an S.

Last edited by zleeperZ; 04-18-2013 at 05:56 AM.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:32 PM
zleeperZ

Default I will post picks of the brakes and suspension later

Hopefully I can get back to my desktop at work and get the photos soon. thats where all the good ones are
Old 03-27-2013, 12:10 AM
zleeperZ

Default video of the new greddy exhaust

just like the title says. I installed the new exhaust and did a couple pulls

here is the direct link
http://s43.photobucket.com/user/elec...1_001.mp4.html

here is a photo from when i got rid of the 20's and put the factory track wheels. The car was more nimble with the 18's than it is now with the volks but im sure its due to the fact that i have 40% more rubber touching the ground now.

Last edited by zleeperZ; 03-27-2013 at 11:50 AM.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:55 AM
taryon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow you have an amazing Z
Old 03-27-2013, 01:11 AM
frivolous_

end result is amazing.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:07 AM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Very nice!
Old 03-27-2013, 04:44 AM
abarclay

Received 157 Likes on 109 Posts

Looks good man!

Where in GA are you? I don't think I've seen your Z at any meets.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:11 AM
QuintonC

Received 105 Likes on 72 Posts

o.O Seems as if you've been pretty quiet on here.. been over a year and have only sub 20 posts. Car looks amazing..
Old 03-27-2013, 05:25 AM
YardieXplorer

Nicely done man
Old 03-27-2013, 06:04 AM
zleeperZ

Default thanks

Originally Posted by QuintonC
o.O Seems as if you've been pretty quiet on here.. been over a year and have only sub 20 posts. Car looks amazing..
yeah. Im on pretty frequent. I just dont really have anything to say most of the time. I use the site what its really meant for. research. Its been great to see other peoples builds and what not. I also poke around in the classifieds here. Been looking for a used cusco rs in a pumpkin for months

Originally Posted by abarclay
Looks good man!

Where in GA are you? I don't think I've seen your Z at any meets.
thanks for all the kinds words. im glad my z gets the stamp of approval. live down in the savannah area. I havent been to any meets. first off i dont really stay in the loop about meets in the area, and secondly you are in north georgia and im closer to florida. its what? 4 hours away?
Old 03-27-2013, 06:04 AM
dessidee90

Very nice. Very tastely done as well
Old 03-27-2013, 06:06 AM
Bmurray350z

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts

nice z!
Old 03-27-2013, 06:24 AM
abarclay

Received 157 Likes on 109 Posts

Yeah, I don't blame you, I went to Southern and the drive from Statesboro to ATL sucks enough, even without the extra hour from Savannah. Jacksonville Meets are probably closer, if you felt like going to one.

Anyway, keep up the good work! Seeing your wheels def makes me wish I had gone wider than 9.5/10.5.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:13 AM
zleeperZ

Originally Posted by abarclay
Yeah, I don't blame you, I went to Southern and the drive from Statesboro to ATL sucks enough, even without the extra hour from Savannah. Jacksonville Meets are probably closer, if you felt like going to one.

Anyway, keep up the good work! Seeing your wheels def makes me wish I had gone wider than 9.5/10.5.
i might be more inclined to go down to jax for a meet. it would be a lot less of a drive. im glad i have as much rubber as i do on the back. i still break traction even with 305 tires in the rear. I would love to get dynoed to find out how much i really have.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:17 AM
FrankRodriguez

Originally Posted by zleeperZ
i might be more inclined to go down to jax for a meet. it would be a lot less of a drive. im glad i have as much rubber as i do on the back. i still break traction even with 305 tires in the rear. I would love to get dynoed to find out how much i really have.
I'm from Hinesville and you know they will start the meets again at the old piggly wiggly off of 204 and georgetown blvd. They have slowed down because of the weather, but they will pick up again soon. I live now in Virginia but i will be attending the meets hopefully next month. I will be driving to hinesville once a month since i own a house down there..hopefully i we get togther down there..I own a 2007 350Z NISMO and a 92 240SX..I will pick my poison when i head down there, but your Z looks good. I like the set up..
Old 03-27-2013, 10:00 AM
Mikeman92

Nice Z. You do not see that color combo used much, you pulled it off well, congrats!
Old 03-27-2013, 10:34 AM
oldschool350z

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Where did u find those used rims?
Old 03-27-2013, 11:35 AM
zleeperZ

Originally Posted by Mikeman92
Nice Z. You do not see that color combo used much, you pulled it off well, congrats!
thanks. I wanted to do a color on the brakes that you dont see very often.

Originally Posted by oldschool350z
Where did u find those used rims?
it just so happened that when i sent off the calipers to get powder coated my boss bought wedssport 20's for his GTR and offered these to me for sale. I got a decent deal considering the fact that the tires had 7000 miles and they were 550 per tire. They are Micheline Super sports!!! extreme amount of lateral grip. It makes it a lot more challenging to get sideways and brings the limits of adhesion to a scary level when going around turns. Its really fun not having to slow down for most of the turns in my area though. I love getting on to transitions at a ridiculous speed and looking behind me to find the car following me in no way could have made the same turn at the same speed.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:07 PM
JaE35z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great job with the Z!
Old 03-27-2013, 04:52 PM
Jets350

Originally Posted by zleeperZ
I installed a turbonetics turbo kit two weeks after I got it.

job well done. love your z.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Been a member for a while. I figured I would post what I have done to it.