Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is my 350z cursed?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 06:26 PM
Rex08Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is my 350z cursed?

It seems like whenever I want to take my Z out to a big event, something bad happens and the car is saying 'no' to me. First I prepared my Z for a parade, I spend a full day replacing the brakes, installing studs and spacers, cleaning up the car and when I put the new wheels on, the lug nuts I was sent don't fit, so I miss the parade. That doesn't sound very unlucky per se, but please keep listening. Next I wanted to drive the Z in my first autox event, spend a full day preparing it, I buy a helmet, get the oils changed, replace the brake pads. Nothing goes wrong until the morning after. The Garmin GPS fell off the windshield, knocked the hazards light on all night. I wake up to drive to autox, the car's DEAD and I miss the registration. And again, tonight I was thinking about bringing it to a car show in Connecticut tomorrow. What happens this time? Someone put a garbage pail in my blindspot and I backed up without noticing it. Now my right side is all scratched up, so I obviously cannot bring it to show it off.

Is my car telling me something? It hasn't tried to kill me yet, it drives great, but I get the feeling there's more than meets the eye with this thing. What are your thoughts?
Old 04-12-2013, 06:28 PM
taryon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pretty bad luck haha
Old 04-12-2013, 06:38 PM
Emski

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Old 04-12-2013, 08:04 PM
Slyguy_38

Originally Posted by Emski
That's what it must feel like...
Old 04-12-2013, 08:14 PM
frivolous_

most of that sounds like it could have been avoided?user error.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:14 PM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,292 Likes on 896 Posts

Luck has nothing to do with it. You made the error in ordering the wrong lug nuts before the parade. You didn't secure the Garmin properly and it fell off, activating the hazards and draining your battery. You didn't check around your Z before backing out, hit a garbage pail and scratched the paint. The only thing causing your bad luck is YOU.

Also, if you keep thinking your Z is cursed, YOU are the one to be more likely to continue making mistakes and causing this prophecy to come true. So YOU are the only one who can lift this so-called "curse"- take responsibility and get more skilled and smarter in the future. That's the kind of owner your Z deserves.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:16 PM
frivolous_

^+1
Old 04-12-2013, 08:17 PM
drvqz33

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Edit: Nvm lol

+2 dkmura

Last edited by drvqz33; 04-12-2013 at 08:21 PM.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:42 PM
Rex08Z

Originally Posted by dkmura
Luck has nothing to do with it. You made the error in ordering the wrong lug nuts before the parade. You didn't secure the Garmin properly and it fell off, activating the hazards and draining your battery. You didn't check around your Z before backing out, hit a garbage pail and scratched the paint. The only thing causing your bad luck is YOU.

Also, if you keep thinking your Z is cursed, YOU are the one to be more likely to continue making mistakes and causing this prophecy to come true. So YOU are the only one who can lift this so-called "curse"- take responsibility and get more skilled and smarter in the future. That's the kind of owner your Z deserves.
First of all, I had no control over choosing the lug nuts. I SHOULD have dry fitted them first with a socket to know they fit, this is something I learned after the fact. All these things were borne from bad luck in the first place, and I have already learned from them too late. Will I do these things again? No I am not going to make the same mistakes. Why are they happening in the first place is a better question here.

I don't actually believe in curses, but bad things just seem to happen around this car and I thought I should share this with others. The GPS thing reminds me of Final Destination.

Last edited by Rex08Z; 04-12-2013 at 08:44 PM.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:43 PM
frivolous_

So you bought a product with no control over it... Lol

edit: THEY ARE HAPPENING BECAUSE YOU ARE AN IDIOT AND ARE CARELESS.

Last edited by frivolous_; 04-12-2013 at 08:44 PM.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:56 PM
Rex08Z

Originally Posted by frivolous_
So you bought a product with no control over it... Lol

edit: THEY ARE HAPPENING BECAUSE YOU ARE AN IDIOT AND ARE CARELESS.
It's so easy to call someone else these things but when you make a mistake, or just have bad luck with your car, do you immediately call yourself an idiot and careless? Or do you automatically think you're better than me?

I would have thought some people would get a kick out of this thread, but for most, you're all being too serious. **** happens. We need to laugh at it once in a while.

Last edited by Rex08Z; 04-12-2013 at 09:00 PM.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:05 PM
Jbakes727

Google self-fulfilling prophecy OP. You'll know why it's happening.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:52 PM
shadowm891

Man talk about bad luck maybe your car has a low self steam lol. I agree just because someone makes mistakes don't make them a idiot or stupid unless they keep making the same mistake over and over and never learn from it. That is why they say no one is perfect because we all make mistake's in life but as long as you learn from the mistakes you make in life your aok
Old 04-13-2013, 06:38 AM
WTFMike

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Rex08Z
Why are they happening in the first place is a better question here.
The obvious answer is that God hates you. If you believe in that sort of thing.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:11 AM
1GR8350Z

Originally Posted by shadowm891
Man talk about bad luck maybe your car has a low self steam lol. I agree just because someone makes mistakes don't make them a idiot or stupid unless they keep making the same mistake over and over and never learn from it. That is why they say no one is perfect because we all make mistake's in life but as long as you learn from the mistakes you make in life your aok
I seriously hope this was intentional

OP, you are an idiot. You are careless and do not pay attention to what you are doing, which shows a lack of respect for your things and in most cases there is only one thing that causes that.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:31 AM
Flick Montana

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

God is punishing you because you touch yourself.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:39 AM
NinerZ

USUALLY when things like this happen it means that someone does not respect their car like they should. Usually when they do not respect their car means they did not purchase it themselves. Usually.
Old 04-13-2013, 01:44 PM
frivolous_

Originally Posted by Rex08Z
It's so easy to call someone else these things but when you make a mistake, or just have bad luck with your car, do you immediately call yourself an idiot and careless? Or do you automatically think you're better than me?

I would have thought some people would get a kick out of this thread, but for most, you're all being too serious. **** happens. We need to laugh at it once in a while.
I already know I am better than you based off your first post. I also don't make stupid mistakes like the ones you did.

But yes, I do hold myself accountable for my actions.

You should too.
Old 04-13-2013, 04:48 PM
Golden_Armz

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

karma?
Old 04-14-2013, 11:26 AM
Rex08Z

I ended up going to the show with the car anyway. The scratch was barely visible and since it rained the night before, a lot of people brought dirty cars so nobody cared about the scratch. I spent the night learning how I'm going to do the touch up myself and that I should really clay bar and wax it anyway to prevent weather from making it look worse. We all had a great day and I learned from my mistake. I really don't know what bugs are up some of your asses, you need to lighten up. Usually people that make fun of others do not enjoy life. Usually.

Last edited by Rex08Z; 04-14-2013 at 11:28 AM.

Quick Reply: Is my 350z cursed?