2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

How far do you park?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 04:42 PM
faiz23
FEZZZZZZ

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by vex008
I am the guy that will get pissed off and then happy once I place a couple nails under your two tires of your car parked up against mine...un-happy friday evening for you.
Bag of nails = $1.50
Pissing you of for pissing me off = Priceless
Thank you for the new tires. ROAD HAZARD FTW
Old 04-27-2013, 07:20 AM
mvp2765

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some cars arent meant for parking, only driving. The only place that I ever park my car is at the gym, a quick store stop, or my garage. I never park it in public places for loong periods of time.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:03 AM
WeightLimit

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I park far enough for my gf to complain and everyone else to be too lazy to walk that far to the store.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:19 AM
SD350dude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I parked my car as far as I could about 3 weeks ago. came out to find a nice big 4 inch dent and scratch on my driver door.... which wasn't there when I washed my car the day before, or when I got in it that morning. obviously someone's passenger smashed my door and they moved somewhere else. Unfortunately they took my paint and didn't leave me any of theirs so I could go hunt down every car of that color.... FML first scratch and dent on my 06....
Old 04-28-2013, 02:38 AM
DayZblue350Z

im so tired of that ****, my last car and truck before both got... SORRY notes left on them.
Old 04-28-2013, 06:24 AM
TEF

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

A good rule of thumb is to park at the far reaches of a lot. By definition the lazy (and careless) seemed compelled to park close to store - some would drive into the store, if allowed. Those are the very people who bang up other cars. Up hill is a good idea too as abandoned shopping carts tend to coast downhill and away from one's car.
Old 04-28-2013, 06:42 AM
Jah70

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TEF
A good rule of thumb is to park at the far reaches of a lot. By definition the lazy (and careless) seemed compelled to park close to store - some would drive into the store, if allowed. Those are the very people who bang up other cars. Up hill is a good idea too as abandoned shopping carts tend to coast downhill and away from one's car.
Lol +++1. I park the farthest I can and I always take up two spots because for some reason hicks with their pickup trucks like parking near me. I also try to take up two spaces near a curb so it leaves no room for anyone else to park next to me.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:12 AM
taywan

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Maybe the lot was getting full up front and they ended up parking towards your car op. And by the time the front rows finished at gym they left and the ones next to your car is in there w you??
Old 04-28-2013, 07:39 AM
Jah70

Originally Posted by DemitriHKS
I usually care about this too. But last week I parked as far as I could and came out to this....This I don't mind because normally people are idiots.

Nice, I always try to park next to the nicer cars too because those owners understand.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:52 AM
Jah70

Originally Posted by vex008
I am the guy that will get pissed off and then happy once I place a couple nails under your two tires of your car parked up against mine...un-happy friday evening for you.
Bag of nails = $1.50
Pissing you of for pissing me off = Priceless
A nice racing pinstrip with your key will also work. You can give them an extra 10 horsepower too.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:11 AM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by Jah70
Lol +++1. I park the farthest I can and I always take up two spots because for some reason hicks with their pickup trucks like parking near me. I also try to take up two spaces near a curb so it leaves no room for anyone else to park next to me.
No matter what car you drive, if you take up two stalls, you're a dick and you're asking for your car to get f*cked.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:44 AM
logan09

Originally Posted by Syner
No matter what car you drive, if you take up two stalls, you're a dick and you're asking for your car to get f*cked.
Fact
Old 04-29-2013, 12:20 PM
zakmartin

Received 512 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by SQuaLZ
My rules, in order of importance:
1. If unlevel lot, park at the top of the hill, not the bottom. Gravity will pull a door towards your car if you are at the bottom
2. Get the end spot, reduces the risk by 1/2
3. Get to the end of the spot if you get an end spot, leaves more room for the next car
4. If you are stuck having to park in a middle spot, don't go all the way to the left of the spot, but favor the left a little. If people park next to you, there is a 100% chance the driver door will be used, there is a much lower chance a passenger door will be used.
Good rules. To that, I'd add:

5. NEVER let a valet park your car.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:09 PM
Jah70

Nah bro. Been doing it for a long time because I copied a buddy of mine that used to do it. Everyone is too lazy to park far in the first place so I'm the only car off in the distance taking up two spots. I also park next to nicer and expensive cars if I can't park far or double park.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:05 PM
Jennifer 2

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

Jah, in years past the sight of an exotic or super car out in public was a rare sight indeed. Seeing a Ferrari or Aston Martin parked diagonally across two stalls in a parking structure didn’t annoy people. In fact it helped provide a better view of such an infrequent sighting.

As time went by and Americans became wealthier or just felt richer, such rare gems like Porsche Turbos became common things. Also people with lesser cars like brand new Nissans and Hyundais started to feel that their rides deserved the same consideration. Almost overnight the public’s indulgence of the two-space parkers changed to a, “Who the he!! does this D-bag think he is”. As others have pointed out parking over two spaces attracts too much attention, and can make the Haterz zero in on your car.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:33 PM
Jah70

Originally Posted by Jennifer 2
Jah, in years past the sight of an exotic or super car out in public was a rare sight indeed. Seeing a Ferrari or Aston Martin parked diagonally across two stalls in a parking structure didn’t annoy people. In fact it helped provide a better view of such an infrequent sighting.

As time went by and Americans became wealthier or just felt richer, such rare gems like Porsche Turbos became common things. Also people with lesser cars like brand new Nissans and Hyundais started to feel that their rides deserved the same consideration. Almost overnight the public’s indulgence of the two-space parkers changed to a, “Who the he!! does this D-bag think he is”. As others have pointed out parking over two spaces attracts too much attention, and can make the Haterz zero in on your car.
It's not like I double park in a crowded space where I know some person will want to park there. I literally park maybe a 1/4 mile or less away from everyone else if possible and if someone is willing to park that far out next to me to screw with my car since I double parked I think they are looking for a fight and not a parking spot. If other people just respected another person's car then it wouldn't be necessary. I respect other's cars even if it's a beat up rusted 80s chevy so why can't anybody else do the same?
Old 04-30-2013, 04:54 AM
Dr. Venture

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't like it? Don't use parking lots.
what a DI.

I park in the Boonies....even then this one time i had this mini van filled with Indians (from india) (not being predjuduce) parked right next to me and had there kids running around. I was SO MAD!!! of all the god damn places to park it had to be next to me in the midsts of a million other spaces.

But i feel your pain man.

I try to park in corners near curbs, and park RIGHT up onto the curb so as to leave space between cars. But even then STUPID STUPID people cross the line and park close anyway. SO either way you see it, your never gonna be safe parking out in the world.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:37 AM
harry350z

Originally Posted by Dr. Venture
what a DI.

I park in the Boonies....even then this one time i had this mini van filled with Indians (from india) (not being predjuduce) parked right next to me and had there kids running around. I was SO MAD!!! of all the god damn places to park it had to be next to me in the midsts of a million other spaces.

The fact that the race of the people who bothered you mattered enough to work its way into the argument.
It's off topic and unnecessary. In general this thread smacks of people who aren't bothered just by vandalism - as they ought to - but hate anyone parking next to them. That is just silly. Don't take out the show car if you are going to Walmart mmkay?
Old 04-30-2013, 10:00 AM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by harry350z
The fact that the race of the people who bothered you mattered enough to work its way into the argument.
It's off topic and unnecessary. In general this thread smacks of people who aren't bothered just by vandalism - as they ought to - but hate anyone parking next to them. That is just silly. Don't take out the show car if you are going to Walmart mmkay?
That's what I've been trying to say!
Old 04-30-2013, 12:02 PM
Dr. Venture

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

lol, well i cannot help that is the race of people who ALWAYS park near me.
no respect i suppose.

and i don't shop at walmart, im a Target kind of guy. Besides my car is not for show.

Last edited by Dr. Venture; 04-30-2013 at 12:12 PM.

Quick Reply: How far do you park?