Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mod/ parts list.

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 03:03 AM
garrettxJDM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sick an Twsd
If you're looking to lower your car without blowing the bank on camber/toe adjustments i suggest hotchkis springs, they are a noticeable drop but not enough that the stock wont adjust. and if you want the most power out of all your mods i suggest getting a full UpRev tune, really brought out everything i was missing after my modifications. oh and sway bars errryyyybody loves sway bars!

My mods:
VQ35HR
Injen Long tube
Greddy TI-C True Dual -
Motordyne ART Test pipes - straight sex and worth the $$$
Hotchkis Springs
Hotchkis Sway bars - i have mine on full stiff and love how the car handles!
SPL Endlinks
Kinetix Rear Camber/Traction (i'm getting some coilovers in the near future so better to be prepared)

As for the exhaust, i would say go on youtube and find the clips. but imo it doesnt do justice (specially the Shockwave TDX2!!)
I love the TDX2 it's sexy as hell. But I can't bring myself to spend 2k on a exhaust atleast not right now that'll be at tax return time! lol. I want my car to drop noticeably so I'm thinkin of going with the Eibach pro springs and running my stock shocks till they blow and then replace them. Thanks for the info though!
Old 10-18-2013, 03:07 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,059 Likes on 6,523 Posts

dont do it all at once, i got the art pipes first, ran them for 8 months with my gemini exhaust before i pulled the trigger on the tdx2. plan out what you want, start with what you can do now and save for the larger stuff. i think you will like the eibach springs
Old 10-18-2013, 03:10 AM
garrettxJDM

Sold my jeep! Buying a winter beater thats around 5-600 bux. The rest is going towards parts!
Attached Thumbnails Mod/ parts list.-20131017_164958.jpeg  
Old 10-18-2013, 03:12 AM
garrettxJDM

Originally Posted by travlee9374
dont do it all at once, i got the art pipes first, ran them for 8 months with my gemini exhaust before i pulled the trigger on the tdx2. plan out what you want, start with what you can do now and save for the larger stuff. i think you will like the eibach springs
Yeah I'll probably just savesome money back and then when tax returns come back I'll that money too and get that exhaust.
Old 10-18-2013, 03:19 AM
garrettxJDM

Originally Posted by FixthatF-16
I know what you mean! It took me over a month just to choose what intakes I wanted....a year and a half later I had ordered my headers and exhaust. Good luck with your build!
Yeah It's crazy how much stuff there is to pick from. I just got a nice wad of cash yesterday. So now I'm trying to piece what I want to do together. CF roof, CF hatch, drop springs and wheels. springs, wheels, exhaust, window tint, plenum spacer etc. sooo hard to decide. I'm start pricing everything out once I buy my winter beater and see what I'll be working with, and I'll start throwing money into it as I get it also.
Old 10-18-2013, 06:19 AM
350zchad

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by garrettxJDM
Yeah It's crazy how much stuff there is to pick from. I just got a nice wad of cash yesterday. So now I'm trying to piece what I want to do together. CF roof, CF hatch, drop springs and wheels. springs, wheels, exhaust, window tint, plenum spacer etc. sooo hard to decide. I'm start pricing everything out once I buy my winter beater and see what I'll be working with, and I'll start throwing money into it as I get it also.
best bang for the buck on lowering and hondling I found was eibach pro and sways.. also alignment guy was able to get everything into spec.. with the cost of the front camber arms just deal with it.. cheaper for me to buy new tires in 6 years (i drive 2k miles a year) just food for thought

after the 1 inch drop

Old 10-18-2013, 06:42 AM
travlee
Master

the kinetix camber arms are cheap..... and easily adjustable on the fly. i am thinking of ditching my spc's for the kinetix
Old 10-18-2013, 07:15 AM
garrettxJDM

Originally Posted by 350zchad
best bang for the buck on lowering and hondling I found was eibach pro and sways.. also alignment guy was able to get everything into spec.. with the cost of the front camber arms just deal with it.. cheaper for me to buy new tires in 6 years (i drive 2k miles a year) just food for thought

after the 1 inch drop

Sexy as hell dude! That's what im going with! But I'm going to get the kinetix camber arms

Last edited by garrettxJDM; 10-18-2013 at 07:17 AM.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:16 AM
garrettxJDM

the kinetix camber arms are cheap..... and easily adjustable on the fly. i am thinking of ditching my spc's for the kinetix
I'm going with the kinetix, reviews are good and theyre cheap
Old 10-18-2013, 10:41 AM
Gumby Gone Wild

Didnt read the whole thread, so dont know if you already decided on your lowering springs or not but I personally would advise against the GF210's. Granted I'm on 19's but I would end up bouncing enough to scrape just about every bump I hit. I was able to remedy the issue by switching to a cheap coilover, but its still just too bouncy for me.

Moral of the story? I spent roughly what it would have cost to buy KW V1's from the get go; and I wish that's what I'd done. Live and learn from other peoples mistakes.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:01 AM
travlee
Master

think he is going with the eibach pro kit....
Old 10-18-2013, 11:07 AM
superstuddc27

Originally Posted by Gumby Gone Wild
Didnt read the whole thread, so dont know if you already decided on your lowering springs or not but I personally would advise against the GF210's. Granted I'm on 19's but I would end up bouncing enough to scrape just about every bump I hit. I was able to remedy the issue by switching to a cheap coilover, but its still just too bouncy for me.

Moral of the story? I spent roughly what it would have cost to buy KW V1's from the get go; and I wish that's what I'd done. Live and learn from other peoples mistakes.
I have GF210s and I think they are "the perfect drop". They look awesome. As far as bouncing, maybe my standards for a rough ride is skewed with my experience on my previous s2k but this ride is smooth as hell. I'm also on 19s 245/35/19 and 275/35/19 staggered and I also have a nismo V1 bumper that sticks out. Most small speed bumps I don't scrape or even touch, even though I have low *** INGS side skirts. Pleasantly surprised.. the only thing that does scrape is really deep dips. I look like a retard trying to angle it really quickly when there's a dip in an intersection but it's not that bad to where I have to angle it a lot. Just a quick turn of the wheel and usually I do it even though it clears anyway.

The Z spoils me though, my s2k was lowered about 1.5" on Teins and that mother would scrape coming in and out of my driveway 100%, every time taken at the biggest angle known to man. The ride was super rough. But it was a fun car.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:29 PM
garrettxJDM

Yeah im pretty well set on the eibach springs.
Old 10-21-2013, 03:47 AM
garrettxJDM

Just ordered my springs!
Old 10-21-2013, 05:45 AM
travlee
Master

Originally Posted by garrettxJDM
Just ordered my springs!
which ones?
Old 10-21-2013, 06:09 AM
garrettxJDM

which ones?
Eibach pro kit, found them cheaper on ebay $245 with free shipping and saw that bill me later thing so I went through and read everything thought it sounded right, and I trust paypal etc; so I signed up for it to see if I'd be approved, they approved me for $500. No interest or any fees as long as I pay it off by 6 months, and I already have the money so figured why not do it, help my credit some more, and I can do a couple payments put some more money back and pay it off real quick, without using my money in my savings! Something to look into for people who like doing this sort of thing.

Now I'm debating on if I want to get these put on before I store my car or wait till next year when I bring her back out. We may be getting flurries this week so it's going to start coming here soon, and parents are going to start putting patio furniture away this weekend so I won't be able to put my car in the garage, I only get to use it spring through fall. So I was planning on putting her away this weekend. Or holding off another week and getting the springs put on before.. I'll have to check the weather and make some phone calls and see if I can get my car in by next week to have it done and go from there.

Last edited by garrettxJDM; 10-21-2013 at 06:41 AM.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:18 AM
travlee
Master

that must suck to have to do that... it is still in the 70's down here during the day, and we will get maybe a couple days of snow if we even get that, usually just ices
Old 10-21-2013, 06:25 AM
garrettxJDM

that must suck to have to do that... it is still in the 70's down here during the day, and we will get maybe a couple days of snow if we even get that, usually just ices
Oh that it does, I hate not being able to drive, except to move it back and forth when I start it up to get the fluids moving lol... This is the second car I'll be storing, used to store my eclipse I used to take to car shows when I had it. It helps with the insurance, and helps me put more money in the bank and save my mileage though. I can't wait to move to mississippi once our new testing facility is built. It's only 51 degrees outside right now and its 10:30 am. It was 38 when I woke up at 6 to go to work.. I hate ohio. That and I've been seeing bacon all over the place lately too, they know people are going to be bringing their toys out more since it's about that time to be storing them. They get bad around this time of year and spring when people start bringing them back out because they know we're going to be driving them hard lol..

Last edited by garrettxJDM; 10-21-2013 at 06:44 AM.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:36 AM
garrettxJDM

While I'm thinking about it also, GF asked me what I wanted for christmas so I'm having her get me wheel spacers lol. Thinking 20mm in the front and 25mm in the rear.

Last edited by garrettxJDM; 10-21-2013 at 06:38 AM.
Old 10-22-2013, 04:22 PM
garrettxJDM

Got my springs today! Putting them on this weekend if I can get some jack stands. If not they'll be getting put on tuesday by a shop close to my house.
Attached Thumbnails Mod/ parts list.-20131022_201340.jpg