Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Finally Paid Off!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 04:51 PM
Jah70

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by oldschool350z
Now I plan to pay off my student loans. I agree it's insane how the cost of everything goes up but the income and earning potential doesn't. Don't get me started on healthcare lol.

I really think banks are like loan sharks and hope people default on their loans so the rate goes up. At my work they cut the budget, and got rid of some good people.

Feels good to now actually own my vehicle. It's almost 10 years old but after every winter it feels like a new car to me.
It's ridiculous. I graduated with around 2,000 people in 2012 when I left college most of the people I know and keep in contact with are working at high school degree jobs still trying to apply to companies that keep rejecting they're applications because they don't have any experience or they are unemployed. All juggling 50k+ with student loans and some are even defaulting right now and gone into hiding. If it wasn't for my track scholarship I would of never went to a university and either took up a trade or went to a cheap community college. They turned school into a big business to suck the blood from people who fell for a exaggerated claim that if you go to a university you'll make millions. And now the trillion dollar college debt bubble is waiting to pop.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:41 AM
oldschool350z

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

That's exactly my issue, I've done internships while in colllege but have no actual experience because all I can find are temp jobs. Where I am at is "long term temp". Many places are doing this because they do not need to provide benefits to people like me. They told me they want me permanently but have taken their sweet time and keep procrastinating.

College is a money maker for the government, schools and banks. I wish I never went because then I could actually live better and now worry about these damn loans. Luckily I only owe 13k but I really have nothing to show for it other than a piece of paper.
Old 10-28-2013, 12:39 PM
kingdom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

congrats! my z is the first car i bought myself. I got a great loan from a credit union. Its a 5 year loan and Im not even half way through yet.

I graduated in design and was lucky to get a job straight outta college. Many of my classmates were not as fortunate. Some are still struggling to get work.

My window motor is starting to slow down... (one opens/closes faster than the other). Are they really $200!? I hope that's just an exaggeration lol....
Old 10-28-2013, 01:08 PM
oldschool350z

No they are really $200. It sucks! The after market ones suck and willl not hold up. I'm going to clean mine and see if it works

I was lucky to pay mine off 2,years early lol.

Last edited by oldschool350z; 10-28-2013 at 01:14 PM.
Old 10-28-2013, 05:13 PM
ntwillie1

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Mine was payed off in 5 years on the dot. I had a 1.9% apr so it wasn't terrible. It sure did feel good when it was eventually payed off.

Regarding college, I am glad I went. I think every thing in life is what you make of it. I graduated w a degree in economics but never worked In finance. I got an IT job at a fortune 100 just because I had a college background. Never looked back.

Government wise I am always pissed at it. Last January I payed off all my school loans, somewhere around 80k. That doesn't include the semesters and books I had to pay for on my credit card which really sucked because of high interest rates when I was young. So anyway, I figured I would have a a few extra bucks lying around every month to mess around with but sure enough that damn payroll tax swoops in and starts deducting extra taxes from each paycheck.

Anyway, congrats op on paying off your loan. It's a great accomplishment.
Old 10-28-2013, 10:27 PM
blue350zed

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

No loan feels great. I was fortunate enough to be able to pay for my car when I bought it new back in '07.

I'm on the fence with the whole college deal. I quit halfway through to take an opportunity to do something I liked, which led to a great job with the world's largest public company ( until recently, damn you China! ). 15 years later with the same company I'm now working in global operations / special projects. Get to travel the world and get paid a good salary. Sure, the engineers with degrees have more opportunities than myself, but I couldn't sit in an office all day like them.
Old 10-29-2013, 03:46 AM
oldschool350z

Thanks guys, I was going to buy a new wrx. But even at a low interest rate you're ****ed. I'll enjoy no car payment for years.

Yeah I'm am at th point where I sit in an office and don't enjoy what I do. I have the chance to figure out what I really want.

I agree it sure feels good to not owe the bank money! I am looking for a place to start a career. My college career office told me to go to gieco. My response was then why did I come here. In geico I would have to start at customer service on the phone no way!

One day China will own us. They will surpass us economically and if they said they didn't want to supply workers or materials to us prices would drastically increase. Government is headed in the wrong direction. Look at Detroit.

Last edited by oldschool350z; 10-29-2013 at 03:48 AM.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:24 AM
kingdom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sad but true

EDIT: at least i drive a z
Old 10-29-2013, 08:21 AM
oldschool350z

Haha this is true. I can't imagine paying for a car that I hated. Like for me if I had a Chevy cruze or prius fml.

I don't care about gas mileage if we did we wouldn't have fun and buy our z. However I did get 33 mpg on a road trip to Philly
Old 10-29-2013, 11:45 AM
Nismo350z#0310

Received 562 Likes on 441 Posts

I know the feeling. Finished my payments last September. Not much better feeling than a debt free car and the title in hand.
Old 10-29-2013, 03:48 PM
oldschool350z

Originally Posted by Nismo350z#0310
I know the feeling. Finished my payments last September. Not much better feeling than a debt free car and the title in hand.
Haha exactly. And if it's a nismo like yours then it's that much better.
Old 10-29-2013, 03:57 PM
BigBlue

Received 186 Likes on 137 Posts

Nice! Got mine finally paid off a few months ago; love not having that payment to deal with anymore.
Old 10-29-2013, 04:35 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Congrats OP! My Z has been paid off for a few years now and it felt great when I made my last payment.

Now that I stopped modding my car I just drive it and enjoy it a few days a week rather than always thinking of doing something else to it.

Originally Posted by blue350zed
No loan feels great. I was fortunate enough to be able to pay for my car when I bought it new back in '07.

I'm on the fence with the whole college deal. I quit halfway through to take an opportunity to do something I liked, which led to a great job with the world's largest public company ( until recently, damn you China! ). 15 years later with the same company I'm now working in global operations / special projects. Get to travel the world and get paid a good salary. Sure, the engineers with degrees have more opportunities than myself, but I couldn't sit in an office all day like them.
I want to be you when I grow up
Old 10-29-2013, 04:43 PM
Nismo350z#0310

Received 562 Likes on 441 Posts

Detriot is Detriot because everyone thinks they need to be handed something from someone. That someone is named Obama. Oh well, that's for another thread.

Originally Posted by oldschool350z
Thanks guys, I was going to buy a new wrx. But even at a low interest rate you're ****ed. I'll enjoy no car payment for years.

Yeah I'm am at th point where I sit in an office and don't enjoy what I do. I have the chance to figure out what I really want.

I agree it sure feels good to not owe the bank money! I am looking for a place to start a career. My college career office told me to go to gieco. My response was then why did I come here. In geico I would have to start at customer service on the phone no way!

One day China will own us. They will surpass us economically and if they said they didn't want to supply workers or materials to us prices would drastically increase. Government is headed in the wrong direction. Look at Detroit.