Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Brickyard = 1 of 2404 (USA)

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 11:00 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm glad they did away with that nasty color. It downgrades the Z so much its not a sporty color at all. Its a color that should go on a Jaguar....lol, I'm prolly gonna get $hit for saying this. Everyone I have talked to about the color says its the ugliest for the Z...
Old 01-30-2004, 11:13 AM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know who your talking to, alberto, but it runs counter to every person who has seen my Brick and drooled on it! LOL!

If the worst one can say about it is the color belongs on a Jag, we Bricks are in good shape!

My thanks to Nissan for discontuing the color!

Last edited by The Brickyard Rat; 01-30-2004 at 06:58 PM.
Old 01-30-2004, 11:14 AM
Boomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Brickyard = 1 of 2404 (USA)

Originally posted by z327
FYI - if you have a Brickyard you have 1 of 2404 in the USA. This according to the most reliable source in the USA.
I have #1434 and wouldn't want another color. I preordered from the little color swatch on Nissan's website and didn't see a picture of one for several months. The first one I saw in person was mine right after they unloaded it off the truck. Mine also has the Frost leather for contrast. Everyone who has commented on the color says they love it. Its always waxed and garaged and doesn't stay dirty very long, so it still looks brand new even w/o ZAINO!! Couldn't help it, Bonz.
Old 01-30-2004, 11:50 AM
GRIMNOIR
Banned

I read somewhere that there was a study done of the most desireable colors among consumers. That color turned out to be silver. Thus we have 3 different silvers in 04. I personally cannot tell you how many people salivate over the car & color.
Its a matter of personal taste I guess.
Old 01-30-2004, 12:41 PM
bixby

Originally posted by WayneTN
That's one way to look at it. Just playing the devil's advocate and looking at the other side, it was the least liked color and they're doing away with it.

Oh, well.

WayneTN
And what color is your Z (if you have one)so I can flame it? Actually it was the least produced. And is absolutely one of the best colors ever put on a Z. 3 shades of silver is a real bright move.
Old 01-30-2004, 12:51 PM
Boomer

Originally posted by bixby
And what color is your Z (if you have one)so I can flame it? Actually it was the least produced. And is absolutely one of the best colors ever put on a Z. 3 shades of silver is a real bright move.
Silver has been the best selling color for the last 2 or 3 years on all vehicles in the U.S. Its a very nice color, but I see it everywhere and I wanted something different. Our 04 Acura TL is Deep Green Pearl, really nice too, and their red is very close to our Brickyard. Go figure.
Old 01-31-2004, 01:32 AM
fisherprice

I remember coming out of some high class supermarket near my work. There where two yuppies sitting in an SUV. Husband and Wife. They waited a half an hour just to find out who owned the car so they could ask me the color.

Next day a lady and her daughter where getting out of a Jag. Don't remember the color. As I was parking next to her she replied "Oh my thats a great color. My husband was thinking of getting one but he wasn't sure so he bough this" pointing at the jag. The daughter replied dad is going to be pissed :-P
Old 01-31-2004, 04:03 AM
alienx

Originally posted by fisherprice
I remember coming out of some high class supermarket near my work. There where two yuppies sitting in an SUV. Husband and Wife. They waited a half an hour just to find out who owned the car so they could ask me the color.

Next day a lady and her daughter where getting out of a Jag. Don't remember the color. As I was parking next to her she replied "Oh my thats a great color. My husband was thinking of getting one but he wasn't sure so he bough this" pointing at the jag. The daughter replied dad is going to be pissed :-P
I like mine!!

Hey Fisherprice, you should get the trunk mat. It's a nice addition to clean up the back, and it's pretty cheap. If I remember correctly, the back was just a this felt-like material without it.

Old 01-31-2004, 05:59 AM
FCallender

Took my BY perf to a picnic hosted by the local Corvette resto club.
The consensus was it was the best metallic factory paint job they had seen. I think Nissan dumped the color because it was too hard to put on right. I live in fear of having to match it someday.
Old 01-31-2004, 06:10 AM
z327

My 2 cents on the Brickyard.

Most 350Z's were pre-ordered.

The paint chips on the website for the silver, red, black and blue made it easy to picture the final results. The Brickyard was impossible to picture on the car so almost no one preordered a Brickyard.

Silver is the most popular color for all cars in US.

No one would have ordered a Sunset either if it wasn't for the show car and the Run.

I was searching for a Red or Black 350 when my daughter came home from the mall and told me about this burgandy Z they had on display. Once I saw it under the bright lights from the skylights I was hooked.

I went home got back on the computer and located the exact trim level and options I was looking for 120 miles from my house. Called the dealer and headed their way. Been loving it ever since.
Attached Thumbnails Brickyard = 1 of 2404 (USA)-my-350z-small.jpg  
Old 01-31-2004, 06:52 AM
GRIMNOIR
Banned

Originally posted by fisherprice
Maybe they wanted to have a 3 way with you....
Old 01-31-2004, 09:23 AM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

More than likely a 3 way with the Brick!! LOL!
Old 01-31-2004, 09:44 AM
mcduck

I can't tell you how many times I almost called my dealer to switch my order to a Brickyard. The color is SO sexy!
Damn, Christi... you had to throw that out... now everytime I get into my Brick, I'll be smirking and talking like Fat Bastard saying... "I'm dead sexy"....

Its a color that should go on a Jaguar
Hmm... Brickyard makes you think Jaguar. I can live with that. Daytona Blue makes me think WRX or Mitsubishi Conquest (if you can remember those). Don't get me wrong, I like DB, too. But given those associations, I know which other cars I'd rather be associated with.

The paint chips on the website for the silver, red, black and blue made it easy to picture the final results. The Brickyard was impossible to picture on the car so almost no one preordered a Brickyard.
Though only Nissan management can say for certain, I think this is the biggest contributing factor. I picked brickyard initially because I was told it was the least ordered color. I wanted an uncommon color and something dark so it fit the bill. I talked to many local dealerships after I pre-ordered my car and learned there were no other customer pre-orders in the greater Charlotte area for a Brickyard. Most of the GMs said that people were reluctant to order it based on the color chip.
No one would have ordered a Sunset either if it wasn't for the show car and the Run.
I don't agree, but I think there would be far less of them around...

NOW.... all this brickyard talk makes me realize I have not caressed my baby for almost a day. Time to go take the Brick for a spin and get lavashed with compliments..."I'm Dead Sexy. You Are Crap!"
Old 01-31-2004, 10:10 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I know what ya mean Duck!
Attached Thumbnails Brickyard = 1 of 2404 (USA)-fatbastardbrick-copy.jpg  
Old 01-31-2004, 10:11 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

That's an EXTRA EXTRA EXTRA LARGE DF microfiber towel I believe.
Old 01-31-2004, 01:37 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Is that who you have applying all that Zaino, Bonzer?
Old 01-31-2004, 04:29 PM
cwerdna

Originally posted by z327
Most 350Z's were pre-ordered.
Huh? Where do you get your info from? In 2002, Nissan sold 13,253 350Zs in the US. In 2003, they sold 36,728.

I've heard pre-order #s of somewhere between 6500-8000. In either case, that doesn't constitute "most" 350Zs in my book.
Old 01-31-2004, 05:45 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

He's correct. "most" Z's were not preorders. Also, I don't think that Brickyard was the least popular preorder either. Wasn't it the Redline?

Here, I looked up the then famous "Brackethead" Survey of preorderers (we charter members remember this one well I'm sure) and here is the breakdown of a sample of 430 preorders.

Brackethead's Survey

BTW, that begs the question, what the hell ever happened to Brackethead???
Old 01-31-2004, 07:55 PM
Boomer

Originally posted by cwerdna
Huh? Where do you get your info from? In 2002, Nissan sold 13,253 350Zs in the US. In 2003, they sold 36,728.

I've heard pre-order #s of somewhere between 6500-8000. In either case, that doesn't constitute "most" 350Zs in my book.
The most quoted figure I've seen is 8500+, the original plan was to cut off the preorder process at 7500, but the dealers pressured Nissan to allow more because they had deposits and/or firm buyers. Nissan released pictures of all the colors a couple at a time, LeMans Sunset was first. Brickyard was released about 6th or 7th, then red and white. I first saw it in June/July, I think.
Old 02-02-2004, 08:02 AM
WayneTN

Default somebody's taking it personal......

Originally posted by bixby

Quick Reply: Brickyard = 1 of 2404 (USA)