Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Just got back from Audi World TT Forum

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2002 | 07:56 PM
LA-Z

Default Just got back from Audi World TT Forum

Not to post, but to browse. 90% of the people they are bagging on the Z's styling...am I missing something here? I mean, don't want to be rude, but the Audi TT looks so damn plain, like a squished VW BUG, there are no lines to it, the front end is so uninspired. Thats what the whole design is, to plain to even be ugly. Of well, I didn't want to be a troll and post a comment, but it just blew my mind. Also I chuckled when I read about that the Z doesn't have the "Quality" of the TT. myaudittsucks.com anyone?
Old 09-14-2002 | 08:29 PM
john0213

hey, i was wondering, y did myaudittsucks.com get so famous? i'm one of the member in S2k forum, a suburu forum, a celica forum, and a is300 forum before, and they all mention myaudittsucks.com.

oh and did the webmaster made a profit out of it?
Old 09-14-2002 | 08:31 PM
tbcz

IMHO the styling of the TT is anything but plain. The criteria I use to judge this is: would I remember if I drove by one today? The answer would be yes. If I ask myself the same question about a Camry, the answer would be no. That to me is plain. I still notice TTs every time I see one.

I think it is a very distinctive design. I agree it is a little too bug-like, and there are some aspects of the design that just don't catch my eye right. But I give Audi props for not sticking to the mold, and trying something different. It may be overpriced and underpowered, but hey, not every car can be fast and beautiful like the Z!
Old 09-14-2002 | 09:03 PM
Subw00er

I own a TT and the z doesnt really look the same to me. To the untrained eye, they will think it loks similar. Everyone I show it to says oh your getting another TT? ?!?!
Old 09-15-2002 | 12:53 AM
___DJK___

the TT is slow, VQ is right they are jealous. Besides that, everyone knows that only ppl that cant afford Bimmers buy Audis. Let them have their fun.
Old 09-15-2002 | 02:53 AM
electrokill

Originally posted by ___DJK___
the TT is slow, VQ is right they are jealous. Besides that, everyone knows that only ppl that cant afford Bimmers buy Audis. Let them have their fun.
That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Wow...
Old 09-15-2002 | 07:36 AM
Slexis200

I must agree, that is the stupedist thing ive ever heard. Audi's adn Bimmers are very simmilar priced, and most of us are buying the Z (not that its not an amazing car, which it is, and can compete and beat most of them) because we cant afford, or wouldnt spend that much on a car.........
Old 09-15-2002 | 09:27 AM
Turcoupe

My Z is running me 36,414 plus taxes so I don't want to hear that crap about not being able to get a audi TT or BMW.
Old 09-15-2002 | 01:17 PM
nissan350zparts

Default pink slips

When the full impact of the Nissan 350Z hits USA why would anyone in there right mind buy a audi tt or BMW 3 series or a boxter or even a 911? Like when the '90 300z came out well, Nissan has really pushed the techno envelope with the 350Z. The ragtop Z will further put nails in the coffin for competetion. It will take years for Porsche, BMW, Audi to recover. You want a 2+2 get the G35. Seems like they will move to SUV's to make $$. I see layoffs in the future for the German car makers trying to compete against the Z. Even the Honda S2000 will go the way of the "del sol" model.
Old 09-15-2002 | 01:26 PM
rjsmit1

Speaking of the S2000, does anyone think that Honda would ever change over to a higher torque V6 for this car to compete with the 350z?
Old 09-15-2002 | 01:53 PM
Peregrine

People who buy Audi TTs tend to be concerned with style as the top priority, with performance a distant second or third.

People who buy 350Zs tend to have performance as their top priority, with style a close second.

As a work of modern art, I think the TT is very successful. As a car, I would much rather have a Z.

Still, I don't think too many people will be trading TTs for Zs, just because they usually appeal to different buyers -- though Subw00er is an exception...
Old 09-15-2002 | 02:04 PM
electrokill

Originally posted by rjsmit1
Speaking of the S2000, does anyone think that Honda would ever change over to a higher torque V6 for this car to compete with the 350z?
The S2000 doesn't need a V6 to compete with the 350z. No point in arguing; it will all be revealed shortly in upcoming road tests.

But honestly though, in most situations with equal drivers, the 350z will outrun an S2000 to 60mph. But at the track, where it really counts (well, that is, to any real driving enthusiast), due to the S2000's lower weight and better suspension, it will definitley take the Z. Stock for stock that is. This is my unbiased, logical opinion after driving BOTH cars and owning NEITHER.

Don't forget, a 350z will also outrun a Lotus Elise most of the time in terms of pure acceleration...does that mean the 350z is better than an Elise? Does that mean Lotus better up the Elise's ratings to compete with the Z?

Sorry to be spouting this argumentative ******** on your boards, just felt I needed to express my opinion. That being said, I will be purchasing a 350z because I feel it's a much better everyday driver. Doesn't necessarily mean it's a better car though.

Cheers.
Old 09-15-2002 | 02:05 PM
350zpower

Who can blame them .. I would be pretty pissed if I spent more money and got a lot less car for my dollar.

The Z is sexier then the audi TT .. i have seen them both in person and the Z totally outshines the TT in styling.
The Z also outperforms the TT in virtually all categories including price.

While its obvious that im biased about styling -- If you dont believe me try to see the Audi TT and the Z in person side by side .. its no comparison on what car looks "hotter"
Old 09-15-2002 | 02:38 PM
Zoro

Default didn't you hear

Originally posted by rjsmit1
Over at the s2k forum several of the members are claiming to
have raced and beat the 350z. You should read some of their
stories over there. Their a great bunch of story tellers but I'm
thinking it's all fiction.
Old 09-15-2002 | 03:20 PM
kgb

It amazes me this thread continues to go on. Can't one just buy a car and enjoy it for what it offers?! It is not necessary to trash other cars such as the S2000 and the Audi TT so that the 350z stands above them, or vice versa. It's about what YOU experience when you drive the car and what works for you, isn't it?
Old 09-15-2002 | 06:01 PM
4SFEDTT

It amazes me that people would resort to using terms like "jealousy" to defend themselves from the opinions of others.

I own a 225hp Audi TT Coupe and absolutely love the 350Z.

If you want to classify an entire car as a lemon by one persons unfortunate experience with his TT (www.myaudittsucks.com), then by the same token, I should classify this message board as unintelligent and ignorant based on some of the foolishness I've read on this thread.

"..only ppl that cant afford Bimmers buy Audis
That's pretty funny.

I'm not here to defend my car, as that would be too simple a task considering the posts I've read here, but rather point out that people shouldn't need to resort to brainless retorts over a few opinions they don't agree with.

KGB is right on the money. Lets all just enjoy our purchases without the need to bash each other!
Old 09-15-2002 | 06:12 PM
Peregrine

Originally posted by Z-Art
Whoever said that it's only because they can't afford a Bimmer, people buy Audi, is a 100% correct.
I had a coworker who owned both an S4 and an M Coupe. The S4 was his daily driver, and the M was his weekend toy...
Old 09-15-2002 | 07:04 PM
SunsetZ

A rental Z?? I find that pretty damn hard to believe. I don't think Hertz, etc were in on the pre sell program.

Quick Reply: Just got back from Audi World TT Forum