Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

clitch pedal vibration

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2004, 06:07 PM
jarez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question clitch pedal vibration

im wondering if its normal to feel some vibration on the clutch pedal when you start depressing it , if the z runs a hydraulic clutch where is the vibration coming from
Old 02-03-2004, 06:33 PM
Loic

Unhappy Re: clitch pedal vibration

Originally posted by jarez
im wondering if its normal to feel some vibration on the clutch pedal when you start depressing it , if the z runs a hydraulic clutch where is the vibration coming from
I do too get an unpleasant feedback from the pedal while clutching....
I'd like to know if anybodyelse is experiencing the same feedback...
Old 05-11-2004, 07:43 PM
DEMOman

Mine shudders for an instant when I start to engage the clutch from a stand still in 1st gear.
I think I'll take it to the dealer next week and let them tell me is is totally normal and attributed to the special heavy weight rear differential lubricant used for the LSD or something.

My last Z didn't do this so I am thinking it is "not" normal.
Old 05-11-2004, 07:54 PM
nitrousoxidex

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My car is like at 600 miles right now and when i start engaging the gears from 1st gear, my clutch or somethin under the car sorta shudders too. Is this normal? Its only a little tho.
Old 05-12-2004, 02:11 AM
pglover

windshield wipers on = clutch vibration....I have the exact same thing and thought it strange!!!
Old 05-12-2004, 08:07 AM
Loic

Originally posted by mc350z
my clutch doesnt vibrate unless the windshieldwipors are on! im serious try it and see if you dont feel the clutch vibrate.
Get the exact same thing, strange...
Old 05-12-2004, 10:21 PM
s9am_me

hmmm.. gonna try that next time.. sounds funny tho

the only time i get any vibrations from the clutch is when i shift anywhere past 4K
Old 05-13-2004, 07:35 AM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Since the day I bought this car, I've thought that there was a tremendous amount of hi-freq. vibration above 4K RPM. Wasn't sure if that was engine or tranny, but it almost makes me nervous to push the car to redline.

Regarding the wiper/clutch interaction, I think that's just because the wiper motor/assembly and the clutch hinge point are both bolted to the firewall. The wiper motor uses a pretty fair amount of torque to swing the wipers with suc a small "moment" (i.e. length of arm on the motor shaft). you probably feel the "vibration" when the wipers begin to move, and when they switch directions. That's just the wiper motor exerting force against it's mount points on the firewall, so you feel it through the clutch pedal.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:44 AM
Hedotwo

Do I read this thread as saying it's normal for this vibration? My 06' has what I describe as a high freq vibration in the pedal as I first depress it to shift. The vibration is much more pronounced when shifting at 3k and above, increasing the vibration with increasing rpm shifts. Once the pedal gets past the first inch or two of travel the vibration goes away. Not the end of the world, but it's very annoying in addition to always making me wonder whether something is wrong and that maybe I should take it in to have the dealer look at it. But maybe this is just the way it's meant to feel? I've been meaning to stop by the dealer some day and see if I couldn't take one or two MT Z's out for tests to see if they do it too.

Rich
Old 06-12-2006, 11:49 AM
Miko

I can feel the gears spinning when i come to a quick stop, especially when i'm making a U-turn and depress the clutch and move the shifter back & forth in neutral. Wonder what it is, the synchros?