travlee
Master
Premier Member

More like unable to drive cars
Old 01-20-2020 | 09:45 AM
bealljk
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by rustyschopshop
Am finding it harder to post since i don't want to post if not relevant or helpful.
I feel the same way ... I subsequently keep to myself in my build thread, has become more of a blog, but it's my own little corner. I would encourage you to keep posting in your thread - you have good content and you do stellar work. I try to steal bits & pieces from your build to incorporate in mine - you do clean work.
Old 01-20-2020 | 09:50 AM
rustyschopshop

Originally Posted by bealljk
I feel the same way ... I subsequently keep to myself in my build thread, has become more of a blog, but it's my own little corner. I would encourage you to keep posting in your thread - you have good content and you do stellar work. I try to steal bits & pieces from your build to incorporate in mine - you do clean work.
Thanks, really appreciate that. Once the weather warms up will start tinkering again. Been talking with the Mrs and looks like one of my next mods will be brakes. Normally this is the first thing i do when i get a car but mine were in decent shape when i bought the car 6 years ago. They still aren't that bad but definitely time to replace the 18 year old hoses, fresh fluid, high carbon rotors and decent pads. Gonna be another low budget year but have some ideas up my sleeve.
Old 01-20-2020 | 10:01 PM
813_350Z

Beginning to think this is the route I will be taking. Some of the things that get posted simply make you say "w...t...f?". I have no problem helping someone who genuinely needs help fixing their car, we all need it from time to time, but it is the ones, such as the link I posted, who do stupid stuff on public roadways and destroy their cars then ask for help who get no sympathy from me. I admit I am guilty of being hard on some posters because we, myself included, tend to forget that not everyone has the same basic mechanical knowledge that we do and, thus, turn to folks like us for help. Giving them crap, when not rightfully deserved, only serves to degrade the image and quality of this forum.

Anyways, end speech. Hope you gentlemen are having a great evening.
The following users liked this post:
rustyschopshop (01-20-2020)
Old 01-21-2020 | 07:44 AM
bealljk
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by 813_350Z
Beginning to think this is the route I will be taking.
with the search button if someone is looking for something it'll be found within my thread … I don't need 500 different threads for the 500 different things I'm doing on my car. I also like that it provides a timeline / sequence of events of my car...I wish I would have started it sooner.

simply make you say "w...t...f?"
yea … couldn't agree more

I admit I am guilty of being hard on some posters because we, myself included, tend to forget that not everyone has the same basic mechanical knowledge that we do and, thus, turn to folks like us for help. Giving them crap, when not rightfully deserved, only serves to degrade the image and quality of this forum.
Ive definitely been an a-hole to new / newer members who have successfully performed 'stupid' and I'm trying to do my best to bite my tongue and save those posts for the ignorant terds that need it.
Old 01-21-2020 | 08:13 AM
travlee
Master
Premier Member

i have tourettes ... (not really, i just call out stupid)

Old 03-07-2020 | 04:33 PM
travlee
Master
Premier Member

15.5 year bump

https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-n...l#post11016096
Old 03-07-2020 | 05:01 PM
bealljk
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by travlee
Leader in the clubhouse
Old 03-08-2020 | 05:38 AM
jhc
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier Member

I think the reason newbs seek out less- trafficed threads is to reduce flames for stoopid questions. Pretty sure they don't even know there's a time stamp haha.
Old 03-12-2020 | 08:59 AM
travlee
Master
Premier Member

15.5 years almost to the day

https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-an...l#post11016639
Old 03-23-2020 | 04:15 PM
jhc
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier Member

" My Exhaust is too Loud, please help!..."

https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-n...ust-setup.html

Oh, Lort.
Old 04-13-2020 | 04:05 PM
travlee
Master
Premier Member

I am going to send random **** (rooster) or ***** (cat) pics to people that post their phone numbers

https://my350z.com/forum/mid-atlanti...-w-pillar.html
Old 04-18-2020 | 06:24 PM
Kspinazzola

Originally Posted by dkmura
As one of the older members of this forum, I try to contribute to the discussions in a constructive way. My background includes experience writing for various automotive publications, including time as the editor-in-chief for the now defunct Nissan Sport Magazine. Beyond that, my passion has been as a longtime Nissan racer who still drives his pre-order '03 track model and races (and wrenches) on SCCA T3 Z33. So I've learned a bit about the model and am generally happy to share what I know with some of the newer owners and members of My350Z.

But these past few weeks have me shaking my head more than just a few times at what's posted. The questions being asked seem to be from new drivers who know very little about cars in general, or about the Z33 in particular. Examples include asking about what's involved with making 500-600 hp from $5K in parts. Or about how hard it is to buy a car (yes, immediate gratification is not available when picking a Z), or mistaking specific parts like what a "Murano rear end" is doing on their Z. There could be plenty of other examples, but it continues a trend of declining expectations in the quality of discussions on My350Z.

For every post asking for relevant information in the maintenance section, there's another two asking for how to "fix" their cars. As though any of us could magically appear next to their engine bays and tell them what the solution is. Many times, it's as simple as telling them to use their cars onboard diagnostic programs to pinpoint the problem. Sometimes, they may have to bite the bullet and take their cars to a Nissan dealer to have a tech with the right tools diagnose a complicated issue, rather than throw parts at it. And then there are those who think the Z is as simple as putting different parts from different models (engines, harnesses, ECMs, etc.) on a stripped shell and expecting it to run, and run perfectly. Not nearly that easy, my friend.

As the Z33 continues to drop in resale price, this decline is inevitable. But I wish new members would only take the time to understand how different the Z33 is from the Hondas and Nissans they may have started with. It's another dimension in terms of electronic sophistication and design from the previous generation of cars. Or, if this is their first car, start with an education of automotive basics (so you know how certain parts work and what they look like) together with doing a thorough SEARCH before posting what could be a lame question. It'll probably save them from a certain amount of embarrassment and keep the rest of us from slapping our foreheads every day!

welcome to Internet forums? Is this the only forum your part of? These issues are prevalent in most car forums. I am part of at least a dozen forums sites for all the cars I’ve owned this is just how they are. Sorry you apparently think your better than everyone else. I’ve contributed to hundreds of threads over multiple forums over the years and never felt the need to make a post like this.
Old 04-18-2020 | 06:48 PM
i8acobra

Originally Posted by Kspinazzola
welcome to Internet forums? Is this the only forum your part of? These issues are prevalent in most car forums. I am part of at least a dozen forums sites for all the cars I’ve owned this is just how they are. Sorry you apparently think your better than everyone else. I’ve contributed to hundreds of threads over multiple forums over the years and never felt the need to make a post like this.
When you've contributed to thousands of threads since the beginning of the internet, like some of us, you'll get it.
Old 04-18-2020 | 07:19 PM
jhc
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier Member

Exclamation

Welcome to my350z.com.
Respect here is earned. The person to whom you are speaking has earned respect here. You have not. Until you learn to correctly spell "you're" and contribute anything of value I suggest you choose your words more carefully.
If you choose to play nice, you will be welcome.
Old 04-18-2020 | 07:19 PM
bealljk
350Z-holic

Sorry you apparently think your better than everyone else.
not the last time you'll be apologizing...you're burning a bridge to quite possibly (and I say this in all sincerity) the most senior member and most experienced member on this forum. I know that members like DK rarely come around (nor stay around) and I may not always agree with him I do respect him.

and when you insult him, you insult all the long-standing members of this forum.

I’ve contributed to hundreds of threads over multiple forums over the years and never felt the need to make a post like this.
I dont doubt this ... but not here, you have 6 posts here (four of which are thinking about an engine swap that is essentially impossible for most enthusiast) tread-carefully. You're a rookie noob infant here. You never know who's gonna be able to help solve your problem down the road.

Last edited by bealljk; 04-18-2020 at 07:23 PM.
The following users liked this post:
jhc (04-18-2020)
Old 04-18-2020 | 07:31 PM
jhc
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier Member

Red card thrown for harassing a Moderator.
Trying to play nice with just a warning. Waiting for a rehash...
Old 04-18-2020 | 08:27 PM
Kspinazzola

not the last time you'll be apologizing...you're burning a bridge to quite possibly (and I say this in all sincerity) the most senior member and most experienced member on this forum. I know that members like DK rarely come around (nor stay around) and I may not always agree with him I do respect him.

and when you insult him, you insult all the long-standing members of this forum.

I dont doubt this ... but not here, you have 6 posts here (four of which are thinking about an engine swap that is essentially impossible for most enthusiast) tread-carefully. You're a rookie noob infant here. You never know who's gonna be able to help solve your problem down the road.

I could care less who I’m talking to. My point stands. Making a long post complaining about new members is ridiculous. I’ve seen it many times on many forums and it’s not constructive. If you have a huge problem with the people who own these cheap 350zs then perhaps it’s time you move on to a more expensive/advanced platform so you don’t have to deal with them. This is simply how it goes in the enthusiast world. As the platform gets cheap, there get to be more newbies, it’s inevitable and complaining about it just turns newbies off of being enthusiast which the (dying) car community does not need. There are 370z Q60 forums where you will not be “disappointed” by any new users.

as far as my “6 posts here” this is not my first account here, I had one years ago that I forgot the information for so I came back when I got back into the z community after selling my G. This “rookie-noob-infant” you are referring to most likely has more car building experience than most anyone you know. I asked about the HR swap because I was led to believe the Swap was straightforward and I had the opportunity to get and HR for a good deal. And a friend is selling a VHR that I was tempted to build NA but it’s since been sold.

once again it’s irrelevant. If you dislike newbie enthusiast so much, the BMW M forums or AMG forums, among many other communities with more advanced platforms, will be happy to have you.
I see newbies as being beneficial to the enthusiast community. We need more of them and so I will continue to help them where I can and not complain. It’s very easy to simply ignore their posts if you dislike them so much, it takes almost no effort.

Last edited by Kspinazzola; 04-18-2020 at 08:36 PM.
Old 04-18-2020 | 08:43 PM
Kspinazzola

Originally Posted by jhc
Red card thrown for harassing a Moderator.
Trying to play nice with just a warning. Waiting for a rehash...
harassing? I do not see where I did this. This is a thread with the purpose of senior members hating on newer younger car enthusiasts who have “dumb questions”
detrimental to the car community as a whole.
if you ask me, this thread should be deleted. I don’t think I harassed anyone with only a single post but if that’s how you feel I apologize. I was simply trying to make a point. I don’t see things like this as constructive in any way.
Old 04-18-2020 | 09:09 PM
bealljk
350Z-holic

I can't believe I'm going to sink the 10minute into this post ... but who cares ...

I could care less who I’m talking to.
cool ... burn the bridges. You might as well show yourself to the door because you will become public enemy #1. No one will help you and you'll be a goat.

we see it a few times per year, every year, like clockwork, someone like you comes to the forum, embarrasses themselves and then hits the bricks (this is why this thread was formed).

it’s time you move on to a more expensive/advanced platform so you don’t have to deal with them.
This car is my 'toy' car and I will never upgrade to another platform ... and I will probably never buy another sports car. I love the one I have, I just bought another one and I have a nice daily-driver pickup. So 'upgrading' to another platform to 'keep up with the Jones' ' wont happen for me. Just wont...I'm not gonna buy a hellcat, not a corvette, not a mustang ... but this is just me - I'm weird.

There are 370z Q60 forums where you will not be “disappointed” by any new users.
Oh dont worry, 370z, Q60, and GTRs are already the next 'civic' people are picking them up for cheap and doing dumb things with them ... it's a life cycle!

as far as my “6 posts here” this is not my first account here, I had one years ago that I forgot the information for so I came back when I got back into the z community after selling my G.
This “rookie-noob-infant” you are referring to most likely has more car building experience than most anyone you know.
If this were true, you'd know that this swap is a dream, go back and re-read your post...

'I wanna HR swap, and since I'm already swapping I might as well put a VHR in it for 30 more horse'

​​​​​​​
If you dislike newbie enthusiast so much...
You just said you had all this experience and you were a previous member? get your story straight!

​​​​​​​
I see newbies as being beneficial to the enthusiast community. We need more of them and so I will continue to help them where I can and not complain. It’s very easy to simply ignore their posts if you dislike them so much, it takes almost no effort.
when theyre not a-holes ... plenty of noobs come to this place and join just fine. You're the problem, not us.

Last edited by bealljk; 04-18-2020 at 09:24 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by bealljk:
Rinzlark (04-19-2020), rustyschopshop (04-18-2020)

Quick Reply: Declining expectations for My350Z posts