Declining expectations for My350Z posts - Page 8 - MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

Go Back  MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion > General > 2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Reload this Page >

Declining expectations for My350Z posts

Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Declining expectations for My350Z posts

Old 04-29-2015, 09:36 AM
  #141  
MatthewBouchard
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
 
MatthewBouchard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Florida Orlando
Posts: 384
Thanked 27 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by MicVelo View Post
I hope no animals were hurt in the shooting of that vid. No seatbelts for the bear (or whatever it was in the passenger seat???)

Lemme tell you what kind of friends I have.... Couple of them were checking out my Niz for the first time and they're sitting there on the busy street doing EXACTLY that - complete with faux race car sounds and all.

I walked away shaking my head.

Oh, and the guy doing it just turned 52. Yep, immaturity is NOT a function of age.
. I remember doing that in an RX8 when I was about 10 lol. As long as ur enjoying ur Niz(and the friends lol) , thats all the matters.. Oh n poor bear lol.
MatthewBouchard is online now  
Old 04-29-2015, 01:35 PM
  #142  
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet
iTrader: (70)
 
dikspiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 9,019
Thanked 61 Times in 48 Posts
Default

too many dugans
dikspiel is offline  
Old 04-30-2015, 07:22 AM
  #143  
Syner
Registered User
 
Syner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Alberta
Posts: 22,771
Thanked 823 Times in 641 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by KingBaby View Post
I still have high expectations when I click on subscribed threads or even hit the new post button.

I encourage others to join on the regular, because with more people come more ideas...new norms, more DIY threads and feedback to new products, unorthodox modding, and as always NEWBS...noobs and bewbs every now and then

Love it here, never leaving...
That's a shame.
Syner is offline  
Old 04-30-2015, 08:10 AM
  #144  
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM
 
MicVelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Northern California
Posts: 6,681
Thanked 1,862 Times in 1,356 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by dikspiel View Post
too many dugans
Sorry to derail the thread but...

Six months I've been on this forum and this is about the 300th time I've seen the "name" (or adjective - "being 'duganish'", or pronoun - "A 'Dugan' was at the wheel" and....).

I'm not a stupid guy but....

WHO the hell is Dugan? I mean, I GET the usage from contextual analysis. And yes, I've searched this heah forum and da Googley and understand its usage (everything I know about life can be found at urbandictionary.com).

But what I really wanna know is, Was there ever a "real" person named Dugan on my350Z.com that lives on in infamy due to his/her exploits similar to that depicted in the video of "racecar" above? Laff.....

I run now. Verrrrrrrry verrrrrry fast to my corner. VROOOOOOMMM!!!
MicVelo is online now  
Old 04-30-2015, 08:14 AM
  #145  
SQuaLZ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 3,382
Thanked 113 Times in 88 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by MicVelo View Post
Sorry to derail the thread but...

Six months I've been on this forum and this is about the 300th time I've seen the "name" (or adjective - "being 'duganish'", or pronoun - "A 'Dugan' was at the wheel" and....).

I'm not a stupid guy but....

WHO the hell is Dugan? I mean, I GET the usage from contextual analysis. And yes, I've searched this heah forum and da Googley and understand its usage (everything I know about life can be found at urbandictionary.com).

But what I really wanna know is, Was there ever a "real" person named Dugan on my350Z.com that lives on in infamy due to his/her exploits similar to that depicted in the video of "racecar" above? Laff.....

I run now. Verrrrrrrry verrrrrry fast to my corner. VROOOOOOMMM!!!
https://my350z.com/forum/the-lounge-...nksgiving.html
SQuaLZ is offline  
Old 04-30-2015, 08:20 AM
  #146  
jhc
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM
 
jhc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: ZdayZ
Posts: 7,766
Thanked 1,486 Times in 1,015 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by MicVelo View Post
Sorry to derail the thread but...

Six months I've been on this forum and this is about the 300th time I've seen the "name" (or adjective - "being 'duganish'", or pronoun - "A 'Dugan' was at the wheel" and....).

I'm not a stupid guy but....

WHO the hell is Dugan? I mean, I GET the usage from contextual analysis. And yes, I've searched this heah forum and da Googley and understand its usage (everything I know about life can be found at urbandictionary.com).

But what I really wanna know is, Was there ever a "real" person named Dugan on my350Z.com that lives on in infamy due to his/her exploits similar to that depicted in the video of "racecar" above? Laff.....

I run now. Verrrrrrrry verrrrrry fast to my corner. VROOOOOOMMM!!!
Yes, he came in here crying/asking how to repair his 350z. Street drifting on Thanksgiving and modded the Z with a power pole. Here's all 42 pages-

https://my350z.com/forum/the-lounge-...nksgiving.html

Last edited by jhc; 04-30-2015 at 08:33 AM. Reason: linky
jhc is offline  
Old 04-30-2015, 08:41 AM
  #147  
travlee
Master
iTrader: (8)
 
travlee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 36,831
Thanked 5,748 Times in 3,950 Posts
Default

the first rule of dugan is............
travlee is online now  
Old 04-30-2015, 08:56 AM
  #148  
gabez33
Registered User
iTrader: (7)
 
gabez33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SATX
Posts: 2,038
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

LOL dugan.....10k in nismo mods.....curious....
gabez33 is offline  
Old 04-30-2015, 12:43 PM
  #149  
StuLax18
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM
iTrader: (4)
 
StuLax18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Jakku
Posts: 48,216
Thanked 3,283 Times in 2,336 Posts
Default

If you're just now finding the Dugan thread...

You're going to have a good time!
StuLax18 is online now  
Old 04-30-2015, 03:37 PM
  #150  
RUNWDVL
Registered User
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Burnt on a mantle
Posts: 4,810
Thanked 236 Times in 135 Posts
Default

He's basically not coming back until tomorrow.
RUNWDVL is offline  
Old 04-30-2015, 05:35 PM
  #151  
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM
 
MicVelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Northern California
Posts: 6,681
Thanked 1,862 Times in 1,356 Posts
Default

RUFKM?!?!?



42 pages. Oh lawd, I know I only work maybe 2.5 days outta the week but c'mon, 42 f'n pages!? HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

I started crying after two pages.... I'll save 40 for when I'm depressed.

Guess I won't be reading the rest. HA!

Thanks for edjumakatin' me.
MicVelo is online now  
Old 04-30-2015, 06:09 PM
  #152  
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet
iTrader: (70)
 
dikspiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 9,019
Thanked 61 Times in 48 Posts
Default

Don't bother posting again until you've read all 42 pages
dikspiel is offline  
Old 04-30-2015, 06:33 PM
  #153  
RUNWDVL
Registered User
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Burnt on a mantle
Posts: 4,810
Thanked 236 Times in 135 Posts
Default

Should be a newb must read.
RUNWDVL is offline  
Old 04-30-2015, 07:05 PM
  #154  
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM
 
MicVelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Northern California
Posts: 6,681
Thanked 1,862 Times in 1,356 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by dikspiel View Post
Don't bother posting again until you've read all 42 pages
Goodbye my friends. It was a good run until I made a Dugan post.
MicVelo is online now  
Old 05-03-2015, 09:56 PM
  #155  
DeusExMaxima
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: So Cal
Posts: 578
Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by MicVelo View Post
Goodbye my friends. It was a good run until I made a Dugan post.
Ugh...I have to read the other 40 as well...I got two pages in also......ill read them while I wait for my nismo wheels to get here...
DeusExMaxima is offline  
Old 05-04-2015, 08:13 AM
  #156  
Xonatron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Yarmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 195
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by KingBaby View Post
I still have high expectations when I click on subscribed threads or even hit the new post button.

I encourage others to join on the regular, because with more people come more ideas...new norms, more DIY threads and feedback to new products, unorthodox modding, and as always NEWBS...noobs and bewbs every now and then

Love it here, never leaving...
Good to hear. I'm here as long as I own my Z too.
Xonatron is offline  
Old 05-05-2015, 04:49 PM
  #157  
TicoZ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Montgomery, AL
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

As someone new to this forum, but not car forums in general, I can't agree more. At the same time, I was that guy once. It took a couple deleted threads but I got the idea after that. It's the ones that continually do it that have always bothered me.
TicoZ is offline  
Old 05-12-2015, 08:19 AM
  #158  
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Thread Starter
iTrader: (62)
 
dkmura's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Aurora, Colorado
Posts: 6,597
Thanked 640 Times in 445 Posts
Default

The latest trend in declining expectations for My350Z posts are the salvage or wrecked questions coming from prospective buyers who want precise repair estimates from grainy or incomplete photos. It's another symptom of the model dropping in price- as new, inexperienced drivers jump into the Z33, they tend to wreck 'em. In turn, even more cash strapped and na´ve buyers want to buy them for a few thousand and fix 'em up for a couple of hundred dollars.

I wish I could magically appear next to each of these dreamers and tell them three things:

1) These cars were written off for a reason and most of the damage is underneath what is shown in the photos.

2) Unless you work in a body shop, or have extensive experience in repairing crashed cars with rear quarterpanel damage, STOP looking at that Z.

3) Even for Zs with less damage, you'll need a garage, plenty of tools and LOTS of time to return that damaged car to normal running condition.

I know some will say, "That's not true. I fixed up my Z myself with a hand tool set and a few hours. Who needs doors anyway?" But driving around a wreck with barely operational systems and thinking "I've got my dream car now!" on a minimum wage job doesn't do you or the car any favors. And for every well done reconstruction of a Z, there seem to be a hundred others that shouldn't even be on the roads. I have a feeling we're about to see many more of these type of threads as the summer of 2015 progresses.
dkmura is offline  
Old 05-12-2015, 08:27 AM
  #159  
jhc
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM
 
jhc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: ZdayZ
Posts: 7,766
Thanked 1,486 Times in 1,015 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by dkmura View Post
The latest trend in declining expectations for My350Z posts are the salvage or wrecked questions coming from prospective buyers who want precise repair estimates from grainy or incomplete photos. It's another symptom of the model dropping in price- as new, inexperienced drivers jump into the Z33, they tend to wreck 'em. In turn, even more cash strapped and na´ve buyers want to buy them for a few thousand and fix 'em up for a couple of hundred dollars.

I wish I could magically appear next to each of these dreamers and tell them three things:

1) These cars were written off for a reason and most of the damage is underneath what is shown in the photos.

2) Unless you work in a body shop, or have extensive experience in repairing crashed cars with rear quarterpanel damage, STOP looking at that Z.

3) Even for Zs with less damage, you'll need a garage, plenty of tools and LOTS of time to return that damaged car to normal running condition.


I know some will say, "That's not true. I fixed up my Z myself with a hand tool set and a few hours. Who needs doors anyway?" But driving around a wreck with barely operational systems and thinking "I've got my dream car now!" on a minimum wage job doesn't do you or the car any favors. And for every well done reconstruction of a Z, there seem to be a hundred others that shouldn't even be on the roads. I have a feeling we're about to see many more of these type of threads as the summer of 2015 progresses.
Agreed, about advice-
Fools won't heed it, wise men don,t need it...can't fix stoopid.
jhc is offline  
Old 05-17-2015, 06:19 PM
  #160  
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM
iTrader: (8)
 
terrasmak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sin City
Posts: 25,250
Thanked 1,040 Times in 760 Posts
Default

terrasmak is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Declining expectations for My350Z posts


Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: