Old 05-17-2015, 05:35 PM
travlee
Master

Received 9,043 Likes on 6,509 Posts

exactly what i said in my post in that thread
Old 05-18-2015, 04:19 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

I'm looking at this differently... Having a Dugan or two isn’t all bad. When things slow down (as they have been the last month to 6 weeks), some good entertainment is worth a small amount of aggravation.
Old 05-18-2015, 07:38 PM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,290 Likes on 894 Posts

Originally Posted by Spike100
I'm looking at this differently... Having a Dugan or two isn’t all bad. When things slow down (as they have been the last month to 6 weeks), some good entertainment is worth a small amount of aggravation.
But when you have six or seven of those kind of posts in a week, (and half of them are sure THEY know all the answers), it can get pretty aggravating as well. Entertainment is when I find a good thread on an interesting topic and the author can help enlighten me.
Old 05-19-2015, 03:33 AM
jhc
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,594 Posts

Agreed, but it comes with the territory. Nico is ded, we are the only one still standing outside of FB. I am glad I can still come here to learn and laugh. Cheers.
Old 05-19-2015, 03:44 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Name:  Fail_zpsd108f8de.gif
Views: 175
Size:  1.34 MB
Old 05-19-2015, 05:39 PM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

The problem with facebook is good luck doing any research before posting, the dumb **** that is said in the 350z group on facebook makes me want curb stomp every ****ing teenager with a 350z.
Old 05-19-2015, 05:45 PM
travlee
Master

go to the new owner thread....stomp away
Old 05-21-2015, 06:08 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

I still enjoy the occasional PM from people asking for advice. The questions are very well thought out, so I put the time and effort in responding. I don't mind helping members and like-minded enthusiasts that are looking for personal experiences or advice when it comes to modding the Z car or taking it to car events.
Old 05-21-2015, 06:12 PM
travlee
Master

https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-n...l#post10598242
Old 05-21-2015, 07:23 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,253 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Well, you know, being something of a newb myself (7 months along now), I still just come in and if the thread is of the zombie variety, I just click "next thread" (or whatever that takes me away from it) and don't bother with answering a question that's really pretty, uhh, well, not so common sense or something da Googley can easily answer.

But I try to be helpful where I can (rare but a sporting attempt). I mean, not EVERY newb comes in knowing everything, like me.

(Note the silence as I lace up my running shooz....)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.... WHOOOOOSH! Running very fast now................

Mic
Old 05-25-2015, 08:16 PM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Originally Posted by rcdash
Good thread and original post.

Lack of moderator attention is also a key factor. I know its a thankless job and am NOT saying our moderators don't do a good job, but it seems the few we have are insufficient. e.g. my posts in the top 50 FI thread have gone unanswered for weeks/months. Why should the OGs that generated so much good content care anymore if the moderators don't care anymore or IB does not provide the incentives for folks to join the moderator staff (not sure how that works)?

I remember there was a call for more moderators in the past. We need new blood in that segment. I would vote for dkmura to lead the moderator staff!
Good evening sir,
I personally monitor the activity of our Supermods and Moderators. We have some of the best staff members maintaining the site. Very busy bees. We had 2 promotions last summer to Super Mod and have a good number of Moderators holding down the fort. Currently we haven't opened the gates for new staff members to come aboard, but may this summer.

It is a thankless job and many of us do it for the love of the site, as I do sir. I typically address site technical issues and user profile issues, making notes of what needs to be done using my phone, then addressing them at night on my laptop.

What questions do you have regarding the "Top 50 FI thread"? Please provide me some links and we can get it taken care of.

Thank you for all you have contributed to our site and we are honored to have you as a member.

VO...

Originally Posted by MatthewBouchard
This really made me lol...
Old 05-25-2015, 08:42 PM
VO...
Administrator

Originally Posted by VO...
Good evening sir,
I personally monitor the activity of our Supermods and Moderators. We have some of the best staff members maintaining the site. Very busy bees. We had 2 promotions last summer to Super Mod and have a good number of Moderators holding down the fort. Currently we haven't opened the gates for new staff members to come aboard, but may this summer.

It is a thankless job and many of us do it for the love of the site, as I do sir. I typically address site technical issues and user profile issues, making notes of what needs to be done using my phone, then addressing them at night on my laptop.

What questions do you have regarding the "Top 50 FI thread"? Please provide me some links and we can get it taken care of.

Thank you for all you have contributed to our site and we are honored to have you as a member.

VO...
I visited the thread. I'm assuming what was noted was from the past. The thread was last and currently updated on 4/26/15. Feel free to PM a staff member, for quicker attention, in the future sir...
Old 05-26-2015, 03:57 AM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

I'm the one that has been updating that thread. Some members have been sending me PM's with their updates, so then I painstakingly go through and make sure the list is done.
Old 05-26-2015, 04:58 AM
VO...
Administrator

Originally Posted by SmoothZ
I'm the one that has been updating that thread. Some members have been sending me PM's with their updates, so then I painstakingly go through and make sure the list is done.
Yessir. It looks like you've been doing a good job of updating that thread...
Old 05-26-2015, 11:26 PM
nizmo_0385

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts

At this point i dont think ill be renewing my membership due to all the negative backlash from senior members. I understand trying to keep the forum clean by having people search but you all take it too far. I also notice that if cars arent built how you like or whats cool to you your feed back is negative and degrading. Everyday i get on here its negative and that should not be. I hope things change because i learn alot here but the wrath that comes with asking questions and verifying things outweighs being here. I like this to be a social place and not just a place to come and get info and leave . .02
Old 05-27-2015, 03:47 AM
jhc
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,594 Posts

Originally Posted by nizmo_0385
At this point i dont think ill be renewing my membership due to all the negative backlash from senior members. I understand trying to keep the forum clean by having people search but you all take it too far. I also notice that if cars arent built how you like or whats cool to you your feed back is negative and degrading. Everyday i get on here its negative and that should not be. I hope things change because i learn alot here but the wrath that comes with asking questions and verifying things outweighs being here. I like this to be a social place and not just a place to come and get info and leave . .02
@ #0385, While not a staff member, I hear you regarding people saying ''search'', and DK and a few others are making great strides to give meaningful replies to new folk seeking help.

Yes, you are correct when you say modding preferences run deep, I wouldn't take it personally as everyone's opinion resembles an ****- everybody's got one, but nobody wants to hear it.

I disagree politely with your last comment. I have enjoyed seeing the progress on your car even though not properly introduced. Your car looks amazing and I have witnessed positive feedback for you. Also, I have come to know several class act men from this forum who I have been lucky enough to spend time with in person. SmoothZ, Abarclay, NA&CH and others
rep the car and this forum very nicely.
All the best to you and yours. JC
Old 05-27-2015, 04:57 AM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Chris, don't take it so personally. I used to be like that, but I learned to ignore the negative folks and comments and just be happy with what I had. You eventually find the social crowd here and stick with them.

Just stay out of the politics section. LOL
Old 05-27-2015, 05:01 AM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Received 956 Likes on 721 Posts

Originally Posted by nizmo_0385
Need some crackers?

The problem is that you think you're the only one posting your simple thread about a simple question but you are not. There are more BS threads being started than good ones. Millennials are too lazy to seek their answers through their own effort and just ask for a handout of knowledge. They are cheating themselves since knowing how to find the answer is more important than just getting the answer. You also can pick up other knowledge along the way.

When someone comes up with a new question/topic that hasn't been discussed before then it gets its proper attention. Until then, you keep posting the same old crap you will get the same old crap back.

Moral of the story..don't be lazy.
Old 05-27-2015, 06:37 AM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,253 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Chris, don't take it so personally. I used to be like that, but I learned to ignore the negative folks and comments and just be happy with what I had. You eventually find the social crowd here and stick with them.

^^^ This and many of the other comments on this thread.

Trust me, I've been around the "forum" block since the PW days (that's "pre-web") and like ANY gathering of people - be they virtual or face-to-face - there will be the those that help, those that ask "dumb" questions (of which, there actually are, sadly - but remember, everyone started there) and those that snark. Ehhhhh, ignore the zombie threads if that's not what you wanna read.

I like this forum a lot. There's a WEALTH of info available for those that keep an open mind. And, there's a whole bunch of awesome cars here, so just let it slide.

As far as the "search first" commentary, well, that's true, one SHOULD search first. But I'll say this, the search function on the site has a big job of finding EXACTLY what one wants only because there is so much stuff (results) for one to try and weigh through to get to the specific answers.... 100+ page continual threads, <50% relevance, etc. But the good news is that - as someone else mentioned - there's a lot to be learned through said search that may only be tangentially close to what you were actually looking for. I can't count the number of times I've been sidetracked by an interesting comment or thread that sent me to research other stuff.

To help that along, if someone asked me how to find the right answer to something on this forum, I'd just say, use Google ON THE WEB and be specific while doing so (plus learn to use the operators.... +, -, "quote", "and", "or".) State the car, the engine, the model year, etc. and there's a high probability that G will find the answer for you.... somewhere on my350Z.com. About 80% of the time, G will send you back to this forum! Like I said, a wealth of info and experience is here to be had.

Personally, I love your car and the love and passion you show for our platform so don't let the occasional zombie get to you. It's your car, do what you please, ignore the haters.

Cheers,

Mic
Old 05-27-2015, 07:32 AM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Declining expectations for My350Z posts