Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need some motivation from the Z Community/Family

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2015, 04:58 PM
BlanQshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need some motivation from the Z Community/Family

Hey guys Blanqshot here. I'll try to cut this as short as much as possible but it's something I need from the family.

I love my Z.

Ever since I laid my eyes first time on this car I always wanted one.

The way how the door handle opens, it has its own unique look. I love how the door is shaped and the structure of the car looks so unique and fast.

Whenever I look at a BMW coupe it looks as if the door is just a copy of a four door car and they just shrunk the size and kept the same doors. At least the 3-5 series.

Whenever I look at my 350z it looks as if the two doors are meant a to BE a coupe.

I love the way how the trunk opens. It's design blends in smoothly with the whole Z, granted there is not much cargo space.

I love my car so much I make sure whenever I use her I make sure the engine is warmed up for the first time of the day and I drive her steady for the first couple of minutes before accelerating hard.

She's a beauty that I must take care of because she won't last forever and God knows whenever the day will come where I will be forced to get another car. Which is why 90% of the time I work on her personally and try not to let anyone touch her (oil change, hand wash, etc)

Just changed her drive belts for the compressor and a/c.
Just got her new tires as well.
She needs new brake fluid and brake pads very soon.
She will need a clutch master cylinder replacement as well.

The point of this thread or topic whatever you may call is that lately I've been demotivated for my Z.

Everyone here or at least that I talk to bash so much on the Z. "It's not fast" "for the same price you can buy a v8 mustang which looks great and is much faster" "overpriced" "foreign piece of junk" the list goes on.

Normally this doesn't bother me as I love my Z but the past few days I've been feeling some type of wave and personal life is involved as well.

If it's not too much to ask. Could I get some motivation from the community/family here? It would mean a lot.
Old 10-31-2015, 05:30 PM
RWDBajan

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Put in some test pipes. Find a tunnel or long overpass or some other enclosed road. Windows down and floor it in 3rd.
Old 10-31-2015, 05:48 PM
mr. sparco

Received 454 Likes on 318 Posts

Sell the z join the crowd in your area. Now you fit in with the rest and won't have anymore insecurity issues.
The following users liked this post:
zakmartin (11-02-2015)
Old 10-31-2015, 06:28 PM
nizmo_0385

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by mr. sparco
Sell the z join the crowd in your area. Now you fit in with the rest and won't have anymore insecurity issues.
Agreed. Quit being a Puss. Pull yourself up by the boot straps and get it together.
Old 10-31-2015, 06:38 PM
WPPJR30

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Is this thread serious?

You spend 8 paragraphs telling us how much you love your car and then ask for support because owners of other cars hurt your feelings? If you love your car, you love your car. If you need people on the internet to tell you why you should love your car, then you probably don't actually love your car.

Last edited by WPPJR30; 10-31-2015 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Typo...
Old 10-31-2015, 06:40 PM
savedbygrace

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Hey there,

Just remember, "faster" is relative....even when a Z is boosted and quicker, there is always "faster" in other cars, but you really can't enjoy on the street what real power can do, just too dangerous for the driver and for innocent others. Life is much better when you're not in jail for manslaughter or being sued in a civil suit for harm you've caused others in an overpowered (for the driver's abilities and judgement) vehicle.

The Z is truly one of the best sports cars for practical, affordable, and fantastic fun in a reliable car that can be personalized quite a bit. The handling is preferred by many to even some of the older Porsches, and personally, I think you just need a touch of variety and a touch of an attitude adjustment...we all can get numb to appreciating what we have, but the Z really is an amazing machine that deliver far more fun than headaches. Many car owners can't say that. Jaguars? Junk. BMW's? Not cheap to maintain...much headache if you're not financially flush, etc. etc..... I'd say part of your thinking is just letting yourself buy into other people's thoughts...don't do that. There is always nicer, faster, better looking...but none of that removes any of the Z's attributes that are great fun on a twisty road or an open highway. Focus on what it does well and be grateful you get to enjoy it....most people never get to own a sports car for one reason or another, within the U.S., and especially true when you think on a global scale. We Americans are incredibly fortunate.

Variety wise...change your car up a bit....change the shift **** and maybe the steering wheel so it feels like a different experience...it really makes a difference...I've done this and it helps a lot. About to change mine again actually.

Test pipes or ART pipes are a great idea...a good rumble makes any car much much more fun to drive.

Hope this helps, and personally...I hear ya...but it may not be the car at all....it may just be your perspective and some life situations causing your thoughts to be different than simple enjoyment...we all can go down that road...just make sure you make a u-turn....your Z is a great great car. And it's probably paid for.

Saved
Old 10-31-2015, 06:40 PM
verdict.
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 648 Likes on 491 Posts

Originally Posted by WPPJR30
Is this thread serious?

You spend 8 paragraphs telling us how much you love your car and then ask for support because owners of other cars hurt your feelings? If you love your car, you love your car. If you need people on the internet to tel you why you should love your car, then you probably don't actually love your car.
Old 10-31-2015, 07:33 PM
350zchad

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
Default I need some motivation from the Z Community/Family

As others have said, other people are stupid, ignorant, and probably broke. What they say or think doesn't flippin matter.

1. Mustang is a glorified rental car.
2. Move away from the rednecks.

Last edited by 350zchad; 10-31-2015 at 07:37 PM.
Old 10-31-2015, 08:10 PM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

Anyone that would bash on a Z33 has probably never owned one, or driven one. Its not a new car, its not a luxury car, its not family car. Its a fun car. All you need to do to get that loving feeling back is take it for a drive.

If its your daily driver and you always drive it every day all you need to do is go drive any other car.

Good luck with whatever is going on... Tough times never last but tough people do.

Old 11-01-2015, 02:08 AM
AX8

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts

Opinions are like a-holes, everyone has one. The only opinion that really matters needs to be yours.

You like what you have in the Z, then so be it. Don't let others sway your opinion.

I have better newer cars in my garage and driveway than the Z.
I have had faster cars than the Z.
I have the ability to obtain a faster car. I don't.

Why is it then, that as long as there is no snow or ice on the roads, that I choose to drive a 12 year old stock Z 80 miles a day on my round trip to work ?
(The 80 miles also includes a stess reducing 10 mile twisty road lunch break)

Because in MY opinion, the car is Fkn' Blast to drive !

Name:  024_zpseb1d523f.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  168.9 KB

Hope this helps,
Llive the good life, and have fun !
Drive your Z with the passion you have for it !
Old 11-01-2015, 04:15 AM
95TTurboZX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The people you talk to that bash the Z have probably never driven a Z. Mustang people like Mustangs, etc. Hang with the Z crowd and you'll be OK.
Old 11-01-2015, 06:10 AM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,292 Likes on 896 Posts

There's a saying, "The enemy of the good is the better", that describes the ongoing evolution of the automobile. There's always going to be a newer model that is faster, more efficient or has the latest tech features. Even on this site, there are posts about what the Z lacks, or arguments about why a different car is better. But there are also many Z33 owners who recognize it for what it is- a great and affordable sportscar with unique styling and plenty of performance.

After years of racing the Z33 in both NASA and SCCA, I see cars that are both faster and slower all the time. In all-out performance terms, it's a fact of life. But I'm proud to be racing the Z, and there aren't many of us out there. It's a performance icon that has won multiple races and championships over the years.

If you still feel a lack of motivation in the coming days, you need to ask yourself: do I really want to swap cars? Or does this feeling stem more from my own insecurities and what's going on with life? Sometimes it's hard to separate them out, but being aware of this confusion is a start to resolving them. Good luck!
Old 11-01-2015, 07:32 AM
i8acobra

Received 1,267 Likes on 1,015 Posts

Best feature of the Z is how easy it is to steer with the throttle. Learn that, and you'll be remotivated. Every time I pulled out of my neighborhood and on to the main street, it was a sideways smoke show. The kids waiting for the school bus in the morning loved it.