2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My nut and bolt 350 HR build

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 06:39 AM
kiugarage

Received 32 Likes on 11 Posts

hey there, thanks guys for checking out my build.... yes, kauai1800, thats "down the road" from me.....

Guys, can you help point me in the right direction in terms of the 370 intake manifolds and so on, where to look for info... I have found the upper and lower intake and fuel rails... i also already have the gtr injectors... Is it worth the effort?.. ill port it as well, but if you could help with some info please that would be awesome....

thanks hey
Old 05-30-2018, 12:34 PM
kiugarage

Been forever but thought i would post something up.....

Car has been together for sometime now.... One thing i can say if you havent heard the Tomei system before, its louder then you think

Anyway, here a couple things i have done so long... Solid rear bushes finally in... I also offset them or made them flush on the rears and took off on the front side... gives me a bout 5mm... Certainly can feel the difference

I also ended up making a harness bar... As they have no rear seats, no rear seats belts so no place to put the Eyes... I decided its neater as well to go this route so welded one up, also just thought it would look cool in the same colour as the cage.... works well.....

I managed to do some testing with the car and its really feeling good.... Got it on some scales and we have managed to get 180kg's out of it while still keeping it in tact.... As much as it always seems a good idea to keep it street it ends up being a bit less then you hoped.... Around here its still easy to get away with stripped and drivable without getting into to much trouble, so i plan to get some more weight out of it.... Rear hatch for sure, busy making the passenger seat... handbrake out next too.... Aircon still in and i recon it needs to also go now....

Picture is at my friends place.... Will do corner weights once we know where we are headed....
Im also going to get alot of the wiring out of it.... Its there as we are going to go with the Haltech Elite 2500... Keen to also run the digital cluster....
Flexfuel for e85 is happening and we will be able to run traction control settings for the wet or a novice driver to use maybe....

I also managed to find a 4.11 ratio and will be running a 1.5way... The stock diff is really crap and isnt helping times... should make a huge difference in the car..... keep it up there in the revs....

Well not sure what else i have been up too... Ill send an update when something exciting happens again.... If you guys have any other ideas or things i might be overlooking, let me know....

chat soon.....
The following 2 users liked this post by kiugarage:
khnitz (05-14-2019), SpartaEvolution (05-30-2018)
Old 05-31-2018, 12:27 PM
BQPham

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

What brand Nismo side skirts did you go with, GRAMS?

Been looking for some options.
Old 06-04-2018, 06:25 PM
Bak3rme

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by BQPham
What brand Nismo side skirts did you go with, GRAMS?

Been looking for some options.
first time hearing about GRAMS, took a look at their website. How reputable is this place? I been looking at outcast garage for the V2 nismo side skirts
Old 06-06-2018, 09:47 AM
kiugarage

Hey there, just nismo....G68E0-CF000

Nothing to report.... waiting on parts... 4.11 arriving next week and diff the week after.... I have the 82mm throttle body already....

Just a waiting game now....

there car looks epic....

The following 2 users liked this post by kiugarage:
BigBlue (11-05-2018), BluestreamDE (06-06-2018)
Old 06-19-2018, 03:29 PM
rfs324

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man awesome build, excited to see more.
Old 05-14-2019, 03:00 AM
kiugarage

Hey there guys... Long time... Havent posted forever but lots has happened.... As time goes by so projects evolve, and mine is no different.... The idea of both street and race car seems to have disappeared and a "proper" racecar is now the outcome... IM not sure how much i mentioned previously, but here is the break down...

The full wiring harness was pulled out to get some more weight out of the car, and having no need for it, it seemed pointless to keep.... Aircon pump and lines all removed which ended up saving around 15kg's plus.. All the boxes and so on under the dash also removed.. In terms of ducting for the cabin side of things, ill rather run air off the front and make up an adjustable vent if heat or condensation is an issue.... Management... We went with Haltech Elite 2500.. Couple things influenced this route, the main one being the ability to tune easily given "local help".... Running something else could just mean i would battle if things go wrong so i opted for one which help is on my doorstep need be... With the management, the Elite 2500 can run drive by wire which we have... I fitted the Bosch throttle body which comes on the GT3 RS, so in terms of air, we should be covered... The reason for not having two throttle's anymore is that haltech cant run dual throttles... ONline you can buy the "kit" that makes the HR work, but it doesnt allow a signal back to management which tells you if there is a fault on the additional throttle.. We spoke to the guys directly at Haltech and they said its not a good idea... Motec can do this but the price difference and availability didnt make sense....

A new intake plenum... This is a custom plenum the guys made up for me.... The capacity or volume is more in keeping with the engine size and plans to go with the 3.7 litre or more, i dont think we will run throttles and to be honest the idea of turbo is possible... With the parts on the car now, they are all in keeping of being able to run the additional power later, so its not really spending twice if you know what i mean...

Flexfuel is now on the car which is great.. I plan on running the car in some enduro type events so either petrol or ethanol or both is possible.. We are obviously making more power on the Ethanol, but if the turbo idea happens, its all there already...

Cluster... We fitted the Logger dash so we can really get some numbers and see where we are headed.. Its nice to have the info and learn from it, and thats what i plan on doing... The idea once we fiddle with the aero side of things is to get the sensors for the suspension so we can see whats happening on that side too... Oh yes.... i also have the rear true coilover set up in the car... With help from the BC guys in the states, they were able to give me the correct spring rates and parts to change the ZR's and make sure everything is working correctly in relation to each other...

I know i chatted about the ratio and diff, but yes, the 4.11 is now in.... I havent driven the car much but there is a huge difference, seems worthwhile at our local track but i will check and know for sure soon enough, i havent taken the car past 4500rpm yet.... The diff is now a 1.5 way adjustable and the rear inners have all been made up to 32 spline... should be strong enough and the theory is that its good enough "for later"... The rear arms and so on i havent changed yet as i havent decided what company im going with... the fronts i have used Cusco's....

Injectors and fuel pump we changed, and i fitted stock GTR R35 injectors,... The intake pump is a simple walbro and is fine for the NA set up

The biggest change which i had not planned on was the interior.... I decided to go full cage.. Its completely over board but from a safety and aesthetic point of view, Perfect..... The cage is tig welded and there are 44 gusset plates all over.... To say the car is rigid now is an understatement, but its what i really wanted... The interior colour will change to Gunmetal as the rear and the engine bay, but i will get to that... I will strip the car down again and get everything neat and tidy, but for now, i just want to get some track time in, and enjoy it.......
With this change came the issues as expected.... The brake booster was in the way for the bars to the front struts, so we fitted a Tilton pedal box... This unit is great, we went with top mount so nothing is in the way - "real racecar vibe"

SOrry for the crap photos.... i get some better ones going soon enough.......

During this process i came aligned with a company which makes up airjacks... We chatted and i ended up bringing in a few sets for some guys and myself....so yes, as you guessed, we made up the piping to run the cylinders in the car while the cage was being worked on.... Seems like a gimic but should help a ton when the car gets lower and the aero starts happening...

As i said, lots has been happening and hopefully in the next little while some more testing and the fun stuff will too...

On the list to come still is a clutch and flywheel next... Need to get something lighter in there to get the revs up quicker, any suggestions?

chat soon......
The following 3 users liked this post by kiugarage:
khnitz (05-14-2019), Mingus02 (05-14-2019), RobPhoboS (05-14-2019)