Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Is there anyway to manually adjust the driver side seat

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2017, 12:18 PM
CausticxHollow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there anyway to manually adjust the driver side seat

My switch does not tilt forward. One of my boys tilted it all the way back and it doesn't tilt forward now. It still slides back and forth but tilting forward no longer works
Old 08-05-2017, 12:29 PM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,299 Likes on 900 Posts

Sorry, the electric seat motors are not manually adjustable. You could try to buy some manual seats from a salvage Z.
Old 08-08-2017, 05:16 PM
StevanGrcic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same problem in my Z. Seat will not tilt using the switch but the motor is not broken. I verified the switch by hooking it up to the passager side seat. Switch worked without a problem.
My fix:
Ran two wires directly to the motor and connected them to a 18v battery to adjust the tilt. Switching the polarity changes tilt direction. Now I just keep a cordless drill battery under the seat in case I need to adjust the tilt.
Old 08-09-2017, 04:59 AM
icer5160

Received 428 Likes on 323 Posts

You can use a "Power Probe" to activate just the tilt motor. But I would recommend checking the switch module. If the power seat switches/buttons are located in an area near the window where water can hit it, there's a chance some moisture got in there and started causing corrosion. I had this happen with the power mirror switch on my 99 Toyota 4runner. I was able to repair the switch by simply taking it apart and cleaning up all the copper contacts with some emery cloth. Followed up with some silicone paste (dielectric grease) to prevent further corrosion and add needed lubrication for the plastic bits. I used a Power Probe III to verify all the wiring circuits & fuse were good along with the mirror motors, pinpointing the root cause to the switch module.

Btw, the dealer wanted over $200.00 for a replacement switch.
-Icer
Old 08-09-2017, 09:22 AM
zakmartin

Received 512 Likes on 377 Posts

I know it's a common sense thing, but just be careful that you don't accidentally apply voltage to the seat's airbag module (if so equipped.)
Old 08-10-2017, 12:55 PM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

If you completely rip apart the guts of the seats you can move the little square tabby and adjust manually... I did it with a power drill on a taken apart seat...

Special note... This will not be a simple or fast procedure and you will probably never be able to properly fix your seats.