Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Depo Facelift Headlights - HELP

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2017, 09:30 AM
bootyscoper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Depo Facelift Headlights - HELP

Ok so I just installed my Depo blacked out headlights onto my Z and one headlight when the low beam is turned on only the low beam is on nothing else. But the other headlight when I turn the low beams on the parking light turns on and is on with the low beam. I’m pretty sure this is normal for the low beam to be on with the yellow parking light on but I find it very ugly. The other headlight looks a lot better without the parking light on. So I needed help on how to turn this off. There’s a T10 Bulb that acts as the parking light that is on with the low beam and that’s easy to get rid of just simply take the bulb out, but the 3157 bulb (blinker light) is on and I can’t just get rid of it because I need a blinker! So I did some research on these forums and found out the green/yellow wire is what powers the parking light. 2 wires go into the 3157 bulb (blinker light) so if I just cut the green/yellow wire would that do the trick? And the blinker would still work but the parking light wouldn’t? I need to make sure of this because I don’t feel like messing up my new headlights. Also, the parking light has 3 or 4 yellow LED’s on the top right of the headlight how would I be able to turn these off as well because they don’t work on the other headlight so I need both headlights to match. Any help would be greatly appreciated or some confirmation that cutting that wire will actually work and not just mess up the headlights, thanks in advance sorry this is so long if you guys need pics to make it easier I will post some pics of my situation. Thanks!!