2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vinyl Wrapped My Z

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2018, 11:37 PM
bad boyz

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Hands down to you a excellent job, seems like taking your time was truly the answer,this color was consider a matte finish? wondering does it come in a glossy finish? Color really makes your Z almost one of a kind much praises to you!!!
Old 12-13-2018, 01:20 AM
tokyo-joe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's a really original colour choice, it freshens up the car. Well played
Old 12-13-2018, 06:59 AM
FlashEvolution

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bad boyz
Hands down to you a excellent job, seems like taking your time was truly the answer,this color was consider a matte finish? wondering does it come in a glossy finish? Color really makes your Z almost one of a kind much praises to you!!!
Thank you! Yes, this was super time consuming but worth it in the end. The finish is matte, they do have shades of green in gloss as well between 3M and Avery. For a while I wanted to either wrap it a light blue or dark red, but at the same time wanted something that I really don't see much so I went with the matte metallic for its not flashy but it's different
Old 12-13-2018, 09:15 PM
icer5160

Received 399 Likes on 300 Posts

Bravo! You did this right, removing the paneling, cleaning, etc. Lot's of work but I bet it sure feels good knowing it was done right, plus you learned a lot about your vehicle and gained some new skills in the process. Did you also remove the side skirts and wrap around those as well? My only peeve with wraps is that most installers typically neglect the door jams making the original paint stare you in the face every time you get in and out of your car. Some of those panels are a real pain to remove without breaking things, I hope you didn't have any major mishaps!
-Icer

Last edited by icer5160; 12-13-2018 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Correct Typos
Old 12-17-2018, 07:21 AM
Trayn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great job! The wrap looks awesome. I'm looking at wrapping my winter beater (it's in rough shape even for a beater) as an alternative to getting a cheap maaco paint job.

Originally Posted by icer5160
Did you also remove the side skirts and wrap around those as well? My only peeve with wraps is that most installers typically neglect the door jams making the original paint stare you in the face every time you get in and out of your car.
I'm also interested if you did anything in the door jambs. I'd like to wrap those as well but it could be a huge pain in the butt.
Old 12-17-2018, 12:30 PM
oldfreakingguy

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm really impressed with the look. Great choice. Beautiful result.
I have no experience with vinyl wrap & wonder how long it keeps its look.
What do you think so far?
Old 12-18-2018, 11:02 AM
FlashEvolution

Originally Posted by oldfreakingguy
I'm really impressed with the look. Great choice. Beautiful result.
I have no experience with vinyl wrap & wonder how long it keeps its look.
What do you think so far?
This car is not garaged and with the winter months here in California the wrap has been exposed to 90 degree sunny days, 28 degree nights, heavy rain and frost. Seems to have no issues so far!
Old 12-18-2018, 11:07 AM
FlashEvolution

Originally Posted by Trayn
Great job! The wrap looks awesome. I'm looking at wrapping my winter beater (it's in rough shape even for a beater) as an alternative to getting a cheap maaco paint job.

I'm also interested if you did anything in the door jambs. I'd like to wrap those as well but it could be a huge pain in the butt.
I wrapped about half way into the door jams before giving up. The amount of stretch in the wrap to do the upper side skirt/jams kept causing it to tear and I decided to leave them alone. I could have used two pieces since its in the door jam and not visible on the outside, but haven't gotten that far yet haha.