Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

350z 2006 - Differentiel

Old 04-05-2019, 08:53 AM
  #1  
thegaetanhebert
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Ormoy-villers
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default 350z 2006 - Differentiel

Hi,

I have a question, i need to change my differentiel. Actually i have this ref : 3831100048. A man offer me a 3831100047 from a 2004 350z. What is the difference please ?

Thanks
thegaetanhebert is offline  
Old 04-05-2019, 01:08 PM
  #2  
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mass
Posts: 6,398
Liked 882 Times in 703 Posts
Default

Cool story, what is your car and what is the car that diff came from? Base model dudes are different than touring model dudes and 6 speed sides are diff than auto diffs. They should all bolt up though.
dboyzalter is offline  
Old 04-05-2019, 01:23 PM
  #3  
thegaetanhebert
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Ormoy-villers
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by dboyzalter View Post
Cool story, what is your car and what is the car that diff came from? Base model dudes are different than touring model dudes and 6 speed sides are diff than auto diffs. They should all bolt up though.
Hi, its a pack with brembo kit and 6 manual speed. The 2 diff can be install but it exist different technologies of diff and i want To know which are they. I called nissan but say cant answer me....
thegaetanhebert is offline  
Old 04-05-2019, 02:12 PM
  #4  
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM
iTrader: (62)
 
dkmura's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Aurora, Colorado
Posts: 6,770
Liked 694 Times in 483 Posts
Default

You could use the VIN decoder on here and figure out which Z33 model you have. It may be a track model and if so, has a VLSD (viscous limited slip differential). The other diff that came standard on USDM 350Zs was an open diff, which offers no lockup under load. Maybe the better question to ask is why do you need to replace the entire differential?.
dkmura is online now  
The following users liked this post: dkmura
Spike100 (04-05-2019)
Old 04-05-2019, 02:32 PM
  #5  
thegaetanhebert
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Ormoy-villers
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by dkmura View Post
You could use the VIN decoder on here and figure out which Z33 model you have. It may be a track model and if so, has a VLSD (viscous limited slip differential). The other diff that came standard on USDM 350Zs was an open diff, which offers no lockup under load. Maybe the better question to ask is why do you need to replace the entire differential?.
Ok, i need one because the old owner has weld it... I know what type of diff i have but i want To know if the man who offer me have the same.... because it end by 47 and my 48... his diff come from a 2004 280hp z and mine 300hp 2006... as my opinion it is the same but i cant be sure...
thegaetanhebert is offline  
Old 04-05-2019, 02:58 PM
  #6  
Spike100
350Z-holic
 
Spike100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Edina, Minnesota
Posts: 7,102
Liked 148 Times in 128 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by thegaetanhebert View Post
Ok, i need one because the old owner has weld it... I know what type of diff i have but i want To know if the man who offer me have the same.... because it end by 47 and my 48... his diff come from a 2004 280hp z and mine 300hp 2006... as my opinion it is the same but i cant be sure...
Say what!!?? We need more detail here!
Spike100 is offline  
Old 04-05-2019, 03:11 PM
  #7  
thegaetanhebert
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Ormoy-villers
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Spike100 View Post
Say what!!?? We need more detail here!
My z :

2006
300hp
Uk
Brembo
Rays
Pack


Diff come from :

2004
280hp
France
Brembo
Rays
Pack

His réf number end by 47 and mine by 48.
That s all..
thegaetanhebert is offline  
The following users liked this post: thegaetanhebert
Spike100 (04-06-2019)
Old 04-05-2019, 06:16 PM
  #8  
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mass
Posts: 6,398
Liked 882 Times in 703 Posts
Default

You will be good 2 go. His should have the factory vlsd. The only automatic and base model diffs are different. Base model has open diffs, and auto has different gearing.

If you want you could go to Z1 look up their differential package and download the pdf file about all the different configurations.
dboyzalter is offline  
Old 04-06-2019, 08:15 AM
  #9  
travlee
Master
iTrader: (8)
 
travlee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 37,574
Liked 5,893 Times in 4,058 Posts
Default

travlee is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
blown5.0
Engine & Drivetrain
1
08-15-2009 06:37 PM
realcom2
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
11
03-23-2007 10:02 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 350z 2006 - Differentiel


Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: