Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

new member...no more audiworld.

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2004, 02:50 PM
xTTer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new member...no more audiworld.

Anybody here have pics of z with g35 18'' wheels?
Old 02-22-2004, 03:57 PM
JeepRage

Default Re: new member...no more audiworld.

Originally posted by xTTer
Anybody here have pics of z with g35 18'' wheels?
Pics are all over the place, just search.

Im an X-audiworlder too... Sold my stage II S4 for a reliable car
Old 02-22-2004, 05:00 PM
dvlad

Default Re: Re: new member...no more audiworld.

Originally posted by JeepRage
Pics are all over the place, just search.

Im an X-audiworlder too... Sold my stage II S4 for a reliable car
ahahahahaha..lmao.

what are you saying? the S4 isn't reliable?

Enjoy your Z man! Hit's more of sports car than the TT.
Old 02-22-2004, 06:28 PM
JeepRage

Default Re: Re: Re: new member...no more audiworld.

Originally posted by dvlad
ahahahahaha..lmao.

what are you saying? the S4 isn't reliable?

Enjoy your Z man! Hit's more of sports car than the TT.
I was blowing MAF's like it was my job, even before my chip. Then there was the clutch/brake fluid (same stuff) leak. I LOVED the S4, but even on waranty, what a PITA.
Then there was the BIG stuff within a year, clutch, timing belt, tires... (i had 45k when sold) Next owner can deal

Z is nice and worry free, back to Nissan it is. I cringe when I hear about people buying German off waranty.
Old 02-22-2004, 06:30 PM
silverstoneTT

i loved my TT, interior can't compare...all that aluminum. i miss mine...oh well
Old 02-23-2004, 11:13 PM
TheLex

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I'm STILL an audiworlder with my allroad :-)
Old 02-24-2004, 07:27 PM
dvlad

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: new member...no more audiworld.

I was blowing MAF's like it was my job, even before my chip. Then there was the clutch/brake fluid (same stuff) leak. I LOVED the S4, but even on waranty, what a PITA.
Then there was the BIG stuff within a year, clutch, timing belt, tires... (i had 45k when sold) Next owner can deal

Z is nice and worry free, back to Nissan it is. I cringe when I hear about people buying German off waranty.
Yep! I've been through 3 MAF's, 2 BPV's, constant creaking coming from the door jam's etc. I'm not looking forward to doing the 60k maintance on it.

But, for all of the headache that "quality german engineering" brings, i love my S4.
Old 02-24-2004, 11:07 PM
BoostTed

seems like there are a lot of ex-AWer's...im still on there with the same SN as this one. Mostly on there to BS with all the people i met over the years.
Old 02-25-2004, 03:13 AM
jreiter

Heh heh. Every time I start to think of all the problems I had with my A4, I have to stop and remind myself that they were probably all my fault. All those darn mods just kept making that poor little engine work harder and harder.
Old 02-25-2004, 04:35 AM
JeepRage

Originally posted by jreiter
Heh heh. Every time I start to think of all the problems I had with my A4, I have to stop and remind myself that they were probably all my fault. All those darn mods just kept making that poor little engine work harder and harder.

This is true, but the 2000 S4 was a design flaw with the MAF they used, it was changed the very next year. Unfortunatly they are not interchangable. I started blowing them stock, but after the chip and exhaust, cya lata.... every month or two.

For all the sh*t i put up with, still definatly the best car ive had. I do love the Z though, true sports car, and worry-free.
Old 02-25-2004, 06:03 PM
jreiter

For all the sh*t i put up with, still definatly the best car ive had. I do love the Z though, true sports car, and worry-free.

Yup, no argument there. I still love my Audi, though, especially the interior. So nice to sit in and ride in. It's funny, though. After driving my Z for a while, each time I get in the Audi it's stunning how boat-like it feels! Even though I have the sport seats (which I thought were great!) and sport suspension, it feels like I'm sitting on a couch, way up high.

But easy reliability is one of the reasons I went with the Z over another Audi or any other turbo car. Large displacement, naturally aspirated power with a nice, broad powerband. I'm just sort of worn out with turbos. I'm sure I'll get over it, and that's about the time I'll put some boost on the Z. <sigh>
Old 02-26-2004, 06:45 AM
Boogak

Another ex-Audiworlder here :P

Loved my APR Stage II A4 1.8T with Neuspeed Short Shifter and Eibach Springs/Bilstein Shocks setup, never had a problem with it besides annoying control arm squeak and glovebox rattle. I miss the AWD, but then I stomp on the gas of my Z and I get over it
Old 02-26-2004, 08:50 AM
JeepRage

Yup, no argument there. I still love my Audi, though, especially the interior. So nice to sit in and ride in. It's funny, though. After driving my Z for a while, each time I get in the Audi it's stunning how boat-like it feels! Even though I have the sport seats (which I thought were great!) and sport suspension, it feels like I'm sitting on a couch, way up high.

But easy reliability is one of the reasons I went with the Z over another Audi or any other turbo car. Large displacement, naturally aspirated power with a nice, broad powerband. I'm just sort of worn out with turbos. I'm sure I'll get over it, and that's about the time I'll put some boost on the Z. <sigh>
I agree with you on the Turbos. Worrying about them cooling down or if they were warmed up got old REAL fast. After stage II, I was even more cautious. AWD was great, and the fact that it would smoke a Z was nice too.
Old 02-26-2004, 04:03 PM
jreiter

AWD was great, and the fact that it would smoke a Z was nice too.

Yeah, if I had had a fully modded S4 it would've been a harder decision to get rid of it for a Z. But I have an A4 1.8t, and even though it was heavily modded, it wouldn't have come close to my Z in any performance category. (Except maybe wet-weather launching from a standstill.)
Old 02-26-2004, 05:14 PM
JeepRage

Yeah, if I had had a fully modded S4 it would've been a harder decision to get rid of it for a Z. But I have an A4 1.8t, and even though it was heavily modded, it wouldn't have come close to my Z in any performance category. (Except maybe wet-weather launching from a standstill.)
Good, and now you dont have to look back and 2nd guess yourself (except when you cant move in your own FLAT driveway in 3/4s of an inch of snow).
Old 02-26-2004, 06:02 PM
leemik
!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Ex-Audiworlder here too.. had a chipped 99.5 A41.8t as of January... Love the Z in every way but I miss the quattro when the weather is bad.

--mike
Old 02-26-2004, 10:45 PM
BoostTed

thank god it dont rain much in socali!
Old 02-27-2004, 01:55 PM
andycapp

I wasn't an Audi guy but I sold my chipped B5 Passat 1.8T to get my Z. There are some things I miss about it sometimes (the telescoping wheel and sunroof were nice and the seats were sooooo comfy), but I don't miss control arm popping, Diverter Valve failures, and numerous other recalls. The funny thing is, I'd buy another VW (or an Audi) in a heartbeat....just not right now....