Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Rear bump steer

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2020, 02:41 PM
Bmsluite

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

I don't honestly think you would have voiced your opinion on this to me in person at a cars and coffee. I honestly think we would get along just fine and you would keep the comment to yourself and just keep the conversation toward the bump steer issue. I do not understand why you fear 115 mph. You do not understand why I do not fear it. We do not need to attempt to the bring the other to his opinion. No need for a flame war. We own fast cars. Some people will drive them fast. Some people will just go get groceries with them. I have a friend with a Lamborghini and he won't even take a corner fast in it. His car, he can do what he wants with it. Nobody is anybody's mother here. We are all just a bunch of people with very different histories. No one should have to explain themselves. No one should think they have the moral authority to tell anyone else what to do. Just a bunch of men and women with a common interest trying to help each other out and share in the joy of their common interest.
Old 03-08-2020, 02:47 PM
travlee
Master

Received 9,143 Likes on 6,594 Posts

Originally Posted by Bmsluite
I don't honestly think you would have voiced your opinion on this to me in person at a cars and coffee. I honestly think we would get along just fine and you would keep the comment to yourself and just keep the conversation toward the bump steer issue. I do not understand why you fear 115 mph. You do not understand why I do not fear it. We do not need to attempt to the bring the other to his opinion. No need for a flame war. We own fast cars. Some people will drive them fast. Some people will just go get groceries with them. I have a friend with a Lamborghini and he won't even take a corner fast in it. His car, he can do what he wants with it. Nobody is anybody's mother here. We are all just a bunch of people with very different histories. No one should have to explain themselves. No one should think they have the moral authority to tell anyone else what to do. Just a bunch of men and women with a common interest trying to help each other out and share in the joy of their common interest.
Best thing about a public forum......you have no control over what people post
Old 03-08-2020, 03:02 PM
813_350Z

Received 318 Likes on 247 Posts

I don't honestly think you would have voiced your opinion on this to me in person at a cars and coffee.
Well, you honestly thought wrong. No one's impressed or intimidated by this statement

I honestly think we would get along just fine and you would keep the comment to yourself and just keep the conversation toward the bump steer issue. I do not understand why you fear 115 mph.
I don't fear 115. In fact, I have exceeded it a handful of times. I have valid reasons for it, not just to look cool or for the thrill.

I have a friend with a Lamborghini
All the cool kids do. Can't tell you how many times I've heard something ridiculous like this..

and he won't even take a corner fast in it.
You could learn something from his maturity
Old 03-08-2020, 03:25 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,299 Likes on 2,347 Posts

Originally Posted by 813_350Z
Well, you honestly thought wrong. No one's impressed or intimidated by this statement

I don't fear 115. In fact, I have exceeded it a handful of times. I have valid reasons for it, not just to look cool or for the thrill.

All the cool kids do. Can't tell you how many times I've heard something ridiculous like this..

You could learn something from his maturity
OK, y'all..... that's enough. There will be no flame wars AND there will be no discussions about doing stupid shid on public roads. And yes, I personally think doing 115 on a PUBLIC ROAD is stupid shid. Let me make it clear, I do NOT care if one kills themselves doing this kind of stupid shid. Deserved. Just don't be endangering others on the road who may not be as clever of a driver as you think you are.

While a technicality prevents this from being a violation of TOU #22 (you all have read and memorized them all, right?) it is at the moderation/admin team's discretion to say otherwise.

Old 03-09-2020, 05:45 AM
jhc
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,226 Likes on 1,595 Posts

I'm gonna be straight up. Those of you who know me know that I work at a specialty hospital - we only work with spinal injuries and aquired brain injuries. That means people that can't feed themselves or even walk to the restroom, cannot control their bladder or anus so they live in their own feces.
Some injuries are from falling off a ladder, some are bicycle/motorcycle. By far the biggest reason people show up at my hospital is MVAs. 100% have some degree of paralysis, 100 % arrive in pain. Some were ejected bc they weren't restrained. 0% think their situation is funny, esp the ones with broken necks or 10" rods in their backs.

I can read about how their injury occurred, whether it was multiple vehicle.
People who endanger other people need to grow TF up!
Old 03-09-2020, 08:30 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,325 Likes on 1,674 Posts

Back on subject, car is twitchy and the alignment is known to be out, might be a correlation. I would start with alignment.
Old 03-09-2020, 08:48 AM
Bmsluite

Originally Posted by terrasmak
Back on subject, car is twitchy and the alignment is known to be out, might be a correlation. I would start with alignment.
Car is being aligned literally right now.
Old 03-09-2020, 01:43 PM
Bmsluite

Toe was out of spec front and rear. Much more out in spec in the front than rear. I left the specs at work so I'll post that tomorrow. Everything looks good now though. 1.6,1.9 camber rear. 1-1.2 camber front. Front toe. 02 rear toe. 09

I asked for these specs. The rear was as low as he could get the camber which is what I asked for. I am happy that the front camber is the way it stock because that is what I would have wanted anyways.